Should the New Age Outlaws return full time?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
just rewatched Raw from last night and Billy Gunn and Roaddog looked in great shape so if they returned full time that would improve the tag divison and could set up a dream tag match between HHH & HBK vs The Outlaws some point in the future.

plus look who the outlaws could give the rub too the Uso's, Prime time players and so fourth so what do you guys think?

hell to the no. Road-dogg looked in great shape? He looked in shit shape when he was full-time, he looks even worse now. Billy Gunn was a useless turd as well, he sucked hard in TNA he'd suck even harder in WWE.

They couldn't give a rub to anybody because, honestly, they're not a big deal. They were for a year and a half but, that was it.

Now, bringing Slick back is a different proposition...him as Mark Henry's manager screams 2012 Akeem and serious money!!

Instead of suggesting they give rubs to new Tag Teams why don't we look at the RETURN of Brothers of Destruction.. they will be able to give the tag team division the biggest rubb possible.

Sorry for this being kind of off topic but it does involve Brian James/Road Dogg.

A while back it was reported that the WWE filed a trademark for the name "Suntan Superman".

This was the nick name of R-Truth when he was in a stable in TNA with Konnan and BG James/Road Dogg known as the 3Live Kru.

I think that Brian James will eventually be brought back to work an angle with R-Truth at his next heel turn.

As for Billy Gunn, it doesn't matter to me if he returns full time. But, I'm willing to bet that he will be one of the random surprise entries in the Royal Rumble.

As Goat Face said last night........................

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

They have nothing to offer in the ring anymore. Only as mentors.

I don't think they will ever come back full time, as much as I would like to see it

I wouldn't be surprised to see them wrestle a match again though, instead of the occasional matches we see from guys like Duggan, Slaughter and Snuka. That would be fun to see, but Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are far past their primes now, they have little to offer as full-time members of the roster

Perhaps they could work backstage, as mentors or down in FCW helping to train talent, but I wouldn't want to see them come back to just put over talent and lose to them. The Outlaws were a great team, but their time is over.

Yeah why not. I agree they looked great...well Billy did. "Road Dogg" achieved the coveted #1 trend on twitter. I think they would be a great addition to the tag team division if but nothing else just for a little fun. Road Dogg has always been great on the mic and it was relieving to hear the crowd shout along to his spiel. I was a little worried after his reaction at the Slammy's, but hey...they were popular and they could still be popular.

I doubt that they'll reform and as for your dream match....that'll never happen just because Shawn Michaels has promised to never wrestle again and I don't see Shawn breaking that promise.

For a full time role? NO.....for 1 maybe 2 matches with a great deal of time between those matches I guess it couldnt hurt. Wrestling this days is about nostalgia sometimes, I think everyone remembers back on the rumble when road dogg was the surprise participant and everyone gave him a great pop when he started doing his thing, same with last night. I wouldnt be opposed to a 1 night thing , and a short match at that, neither road dogg or mr ass is capable of a full time returns and personally i wouldnt like them to "spoil" the magic that was the new age outlaws

Eh, Billy Gunn was the only one in that group (Besides Triple H) that looked like he could go full time.

Maybe bring Billy back full time and have some random NAO tag matches.

As for the people saying Brothers of Destruction... Road Dogg has a better chance of being able to go a full schedule than deadman

I saw Billy Gunn wrestle at an independent show a few months ago. He is still in great shape and can still go. Who knows about Road Dogg, but he's entertaining. I don't think they could go full-time, but a short little run would be fun. I think they could do that or at least have a few occaisional matches. I think that for a few matches at least, they'd still be better than most of the tag teams out there now.

I could see them being brought in as part timers in the tag division to help get a team or two over. But that would only be under the circumstances that there are tag teams that would be WORTHY of competing with one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Currently, only the Usos would be close to that and they don't belong in the same ring across from The New Age Outlaws. I could see Road Dogg being a mouth piece for a young superstar, and Billy Gunn vs Dolph Ziggler could be a fun match to see just based on the comparisons between the two. Other than that, I see no reason to bring them in full time.

First off, Shawn Michaels should never wrestler again, especially not for a Outlaws vs. HHH/HBK "dream match".

A full-on New Age Outlaws return would be pretty awesome tho. As we could hear last night, they're still over as hell, especially Road Dogg. Whilst they're both pretty old, having them back in the tag division will do a lot more good then harm. They could put over these new teams coming through like Prime Time Players, Hawkins/Reks and The Usos, they could bring some much needed attention to the division and bring back some nostalgia all at the same time.

It shouldn't be a long run tho, only something that lasts about a year. Have them come back, have a few feuds here and there, hold the tag belts for a while, then bow out by putting over some up-and-comers. We need a team with character, a team that can get the crowd interested in tag team wrestling again. These two can bring that and help the tag teams of today do the same. Bringing the New Age Outlaws back for one last run would be a great idea.

I think one more run for The Outlaws would be cool. It would breath some more life into the revamped Tag Division going on right now. I thought Road Dogg looked great when he showed up at the Royal Rumble in January and Mr Ass still looked like he did back in the late 90's/early 2000's. So I would be all for it. Was anyone else besides me going along with DO Double G during the Ladies/Gentlemen bit?

Yes they should, because even after being off of TV for as long as they have they are still more entertaining than any of the other tag-teams in the company right now, and more over than just about all of them combined. They could help make the tag division relevant and maybe get some more prestige for those titles. I love the Usos but for whatever reason they aren't getting pushed...Road Dogg in the Royal Rumble was great and he is still one of the best on the mic. Mr. Ass is in great shape and can still go. Last nights Raw was fun, but to me it very much highlighted the gap between the talent then and what passes for talent now. While we are at it they should bring the Dudleys back too:)

have them fued with ptp. to get the real rubb. mostly dx style with skits and so forth until it finally leads to one big match. allow ptp to cheat and win giving the ptp and aw the one really big win they need to get them over the hump and look legit

It depends on if they can still go in the ring. As someone said Road Dogg has never been in "great shape", but if he can still go in the ring, he'll be good. We know he can still talk. And Billy Gunn is on the opposite side. He's in great shape, but that doesn't mean he's in ring shape. Look at Sid, he's still built, but he's slow and robotic.

IMO, yes I would like to see the outlaws return. Why? Because if nothing else, they will bring attention to the division. I've always been a fan of them and they got a huge pop last night. These are guys WWE would need to put on TV, and that could be great for the other teams.

road dogg being out of shape isn't a big deal since he never really was in shape... it wasn't that long ago they were doing indy matches...

if they did return they would obviously be a SOLID fan fave... even put the straps on them and rehash the NAO/LOD story line where a new team "steals" the belts... put the new team over like LOD did when they started...

and everybody hatin' on billy gunn, yeah he sucked in TNA but EVERYONE loved Mr. Ass!!!

Roadie didn't look to be in very good shape at then end of his full-time run with WWE, and he definitely doesn't look to be in good-shape now.

The New Age Outlaws should be considered one of the greatest tag teams of all-time, much like the Steiner Brothers are. But these are things that should be left in the past, allowing newer teams to blaze the trail for a new tag team division. Remember...it wasn't the New Age Outlaws that created the biggest tag team buzz in WWE history. It was some pieced together ladder match between the fairly unaccomplished Hardy Boyz and Edge/Christian.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I think it would not be a bad move at all to have them come back around.

They could easily compete with the likes of the Uso's, Prime Time Players, Hunico & Epico, R-Truth and Kofi ... and would make people interested in the tag team division again.

Don't get me wrong, they would not be that good in the ring and the other side would have to be performing at a high level ... BUT they would bring eyes to the tag team product and that has not happened in a long time.

It simply would be a good BUSINESS move because people pop and mark out for these guys (myself included). They could not run all over those teams because it would hurt them too much, but they could be in the mix for the title, and have the titles as there ONLY reason for wanting to be around.

While you're at it, throw Mysterio and Sin Cara into a tag team (which has most certainly been discussed) and you could have a real division again with some star power.

I for one would like to see the New Age Outlaws return. They were in my top 5 favorite tag teams. Not so much for their in ring abilities, but for how they can put on a show. They were entertaining! And for being on prime time TV, that really all that matters.

Now to say they come back and become Tag champions, that would be a terrible decision. Old guys taking the spotlight is what pissed off a lot of people in WCW (Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho, Mysterio) and caused them to defect to WWE.

No they shouldn't be tag champions, but to act as on screen scouts for some new comers from FCW in a kayfabe fashion and train them as a Management Team on how to not only win matches, but fans too — it would work.

Then we can have the whole, their protégé's turn heel and attack the NAO, they have a feud, win, look dominant. This will bring life into the tag division.

It is important to not have a tag team of Taker and Kane or something like that because for them to put a team over will not look credible, especially if they have the standard Tag Team look. I don't want to toot my own horn here, but I think that would be a sure way to give the tag division some momentum to re-establish itself.

Ummm why can't people just be happy they got to see them one last time?

I just seen another thread about the BOD being back together too.

It was a ONE TIME thing, it was AWESOME but thats all. I am an attitude fan through and through. I was happy to see Lita, I love Lita. I wouldn't be mad if she came back fulltime because she is sexy and is better than the rest of the current divas.

To me last nights show was just a nostalgia type thing and it was great as I stated but jesus leave it alone.

I would say yes! The Tag Team is shit these day's. I'm not recommending the New Age Outlaws to have a 2 year run or something long term like that. But, if you can bring these guy's for another run, it would help to get the Tag Team division some notice. They can come in and mentor the younger guys and build a confidence in them. It would help in the long run. Anyway's Road Dogg is still great on the mic and Billy Gunn looks excellent too!

Why?

You say it would bolster the tag team division but they didn't even do much of that in the late 90's. It was all about E&C, the Hardys, and the Dudleys. They weren't spectacular in the ring or anything like that. You can improve the current tag team divison by creating storylines and mic time. Sometimes you have to leave the past in the past and this is one of those cases.

I don't get this, at all. So, the New Age Outlaws appeared on the 1000th Raw last night; however, so did Sid Vicious, Mae Young, a giant hand, Slick, and Jim Duggan -- I don't see anybody clamoring for their returns, though. At 43 (Road Dogg) and 48 (Billy Gunn) years old respectively, I don't exactly see it fit for the New Age Outlaws to return to the WWE. WWE doesn't want to get older, they want to get younger -- why bring back two guys who were over with the crowd 15 years ago? It's not as if they're on the level of a 'Taker or Rock, they'd just be another set of guys who couldn't let go of the business, when it had long turned its back on them.

I get it, nostalgia's an awesome thing; I marked out for every single segment with a legend and had an amazing time watching last night's show. The thing is, you have to separate yourself from those feelings and look at it from a realistic perspective. As of right now, the New Age Outlaws should probably never wrestle another match again -- they're not pictures of health and they're time is up. I'm all for them working as agents (as Road Dogg already is), but as in-ring performers? Sorry, but that's in the past, let's just let it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back