THE ARLOLANGHAM SIMPLE-SIG SHOWCASE

Damn It's been a while!
No announcements or anything, straight into sigs.

WINNING & LOSING

CSJH.png

THOUGHTS: Made this after the atrocious Victory Road ending. Charlie Sheen's winning had been the shit for the last week and these 2 are spitting images of each other. There's nothing special about the sig itself.

HURRICANE
HURRICANE.png

THOUGHTS: Been experimenting with cinematic borders. This one came off alright. To tell you the truth, I don't like this one. It's just... boring.

POPE
POPE2.png

THOUGHTS: I've been trying to make a good Pope sig for AGES. I think I've finally pulled one off. Blue and black bg and then the rhs image. I gave it a black and blue gradient map and just left it at that. Then I added the lines on a new layer, and added his logo on top. Another new technique I've been using is making a gradient map of a pic and moving it below the original pic. Then I'd duplicate it and give each of them a motion blur in opposite directions. I'd then blur the edges of the original image. That's what I did here.

AJ STYLES
AJSTYLES3.png

THOUGHTS: Another AJ sig. Defs one of my fave wrestlers of all time. His DVD recently got re-released over here so I bought it and was inspired. I like this sig, it hits your eyes nicely.

NBA RKO
NBARKO.png

THOUGHTS: This idea just hit me so I had to make it. Started with a blue BG then rounded the corners. I then added the image on a new layer and filled it white. Then on the bottom layer I simply selected roughly down the middle of the image and filled it red. Then I did a few searches trying to find out what font the NBA uses (It's Helvetica bold or something like it) and added the text.

NBA RVD
NBARVD.png

THOUGHTS: Same as the RKO one, but I don't like it as much.

There you have it. As usual, request your own ARLO sig. And if you want to wear one of these, just PM me. I'd love some rep too :lmao:

bye now;)

Damn It's been a while!

NBA RKO
NBARKO.png

THOUGHTS: This idea just hit me so I had to make it. Started with a blue BG then rounded the corners. I then added the image on a new layer and filled it white. Then on the bottom layer I simply selected roughly down the middle of the image and filled it red. Then I did a few searches trying to find out what font the NBA uses (It's Helvetica bold or something like it) and added the text.

NBA RVD
NBARVD.png

THOUGHTS: Same as the RKO one, but I don't like it as much.

There you have it. As usual, request your own ARLO sig. And if you want to wear one of these, just PM me. I'd love some rep too :lmao:

bye now;)

I really like those sigs, very creative.
Mind if I use your idea? and use it for my signature?

perhaps this one I made:
2m3r5t2.png

I really like those sigs, very creative.
Mind if I use your idea? and use it for my signature?

perhaps this one I made:
2iik22c.png

Of course man. Love your Jericho one. I also made ones of AJ Styles, Triple H, Christian & Miz, but I didn't think of Y2J :)

The drop shadow's a nice idea as well.

I'm back everybody!

And I've got some sigs for you. Before I get started though, please request a sig from my new request thread! Even if you don't intend on wearing it, at least try me out. You may be surprised. Here's a link:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=3007807#post3007807

Now that's out of the way...

MATT HARDY
matthardy2.png

I didn't do many sigs while away, These are all either ones I did beforehand and never uploaded or quickies done the other day.
I went on a real transparent top kick. In the past I've really sucked at these but practice makes perfect.
My favourite part of this is the text. Not much was done to it, but it both blends in and stands out at the same time.

STING
sting4.png

Pretty happy with this. Started with a fractal and messed around until I got the desired colours.
A lot of work went into the left-hand render. I put a red silhouette under it and motion blurred it. Then I duplicated the original twice, desaturated one and red gradient mapped the other. Then I set both adjustments on overlay and added faint scanlines to the pic only.
In contrast to the Matt one, I think I fucked the text up here. It doesn't fit in and it fucks the entire sig.

SIN CARA
sincara2.png

To tell you the truth, this is really simple and there isn't much to say about it. I just fuckin' love it!
I made him look a bit like a luchador superhero :lmao:

CODY RHODES
codyrhodes3.png

Again, not much to say and again, I fucked the text up. At least the "grotesque" one. the only thing I'm really happy with is the left picture. I think he looks a bit like leatherface, which, although I did it unintentionally, fits perfectly!

MICHAEL COLE

michaelcole.png

The only thing I liked about this match was the stunner to Booker T. I think the sig has turned out ok. The drop shadows make it really stand out.

JEFF HARDY
jeffhardy2.png

Inspired by Seth's entry to the first SotW contest. I think your Mario one worked a lot better, but this isn't bad.

There you have it! it feels good to be back, but I think I might start toning it down a bit.
I used to upload like 5 sigs every few days where as other guys might do 1 a week. I was always proud of my work rate. In fact it's the last week of school, so depending on how busy I am I might still show off heaps of new sigs.
But I go pretty wild in the hols, so it mightn't be my best stuff ;)

Once again, please request a sig from my new request thread. Thanks guys :lmao:

I'm back everybody!

And I've got some sigs for you. Before I get started though, please request a sig from my new request thread! Even if you don't intend on wearing it, at least try me out. You may be surprised. Here's a link:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=3007807#post3007807

Now that's out of the way...

MATT HARDY
matthardy2.png

I didn't do many sigs while away, These are all either ones I did beforehand and never uploaded or quickies done the other day.
I went on a real transparent top kick. In the past I've really sucked at these but practice makes perfect.
My favourite part of this is the text. Not much was done to it, but it both blends in and stands out at the same time.

STING
sting4.png

Pretty happy with this. Started with a fractal and messed around until I got the desired colours.
A lot of work went into the left-hand render. I put a red silhouette under it and motion blurred it. Then I duplicated the original twice, desaturated one and red gradient mapped the other. Then I set both adjustments on overlay and added faint scanlines to the pic only.
In contrast to the Matt one, I think I fucked the text up here. It doesn't fit in and it fucks the entire sig.

SIN CARA
sincara2.png

To tell you the truth, this is really simple and there isn't much to say about it. I just fuckin' love it!
I made him look a bit like a luchador superhero :lmao:

CODY RHODES
codyrhodes3.png

Again, not much to say and again, I fucked the text up. At least the "grotesque" one. the only thing I'm really happy with is the left picture. I think he looks a bit like leatherface, which, although I did it unintentionally, fits perfectly!

MICHAEL COLE

michaelcole.png

The only thing I liked about this match was the stunner to Booker T. I think the sig has turned out ok. The drop shadows make it really stand out.

JEFF HARDY
jeffhardy2.png

Inspired by Seth's entry to the first SotW contest. I think your Mario one worked a lot better, but this isn't bad.

There you have it! it feels good to be back, but I think I might start toning it down a bit.
I used to upload like 5 sigs every few days where as other guys might do 1 a week. I was always proud of my work rate. In fact it's the last week of school, so depending on how busy I am I might still show off heaps of new sigs.
But I go pretty wild in the hols, so it mightn't be my best stuff ;)

Once again, please request a sig from my new request thread. Thanks guys :lmao:

That Cole sig is awesome!..

Any chance you can change the text? I happen to be a big fan of cole xD

Maybe make it say something about him Being 1-0 at wrestlemania and ending takes streak next year? idk something along those lines would be great!

I love the WrestleMania sig you made for me, but I was hoping if you would please make me a Triple H sig from WrestleMania (preferably him in that spotlight with the King of Kings outfit) with the words 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' in it as well. Would be forever grateful. :D

Welcome to my most recent installment.

As some of you may have seen, my Sin Cara piece from my last post was converted into a sign and used by someone at RAW.
If you are that person, please PM me! I am very grateful, as it's adding to my exposure.

I also want to urge you to request some art off me. I always say it, but it doesn't matter if you don't intend on using it full time, just try me out. I'm yet to have any real veteran posters request from me:confused:
My new thread has only been up for about a week, but it already has 744 views! trust me, that's pretty f'n good. You can find the link in my sig.
Remember: go there to request one, don't post here or PM me. I will only field requests at my request thread.

I'd also like to tell you that I am open to branching out from just sigs. If there is anyone looking at starting a book this or that just wants some art for their current one, request at my thread.
Any other random little requests, post them in there as well and I'll tell you if I can or can't do them.

Now to the sigs:

CM PUNK

cmpunk3.png

THOUGHTS:
I know I say this a lot, but this could easily be my best sig ever. If it were to be named, I'd call it; 'Punk's World'.
I first made a full background just with brushes. I then added the main render and cut away the top of the BG. I then added the other two pics and adjusted all 3 with drop shadows etc.
I then added a pretty thick border to what's left of the bg and added text.
I love this sig, and it will be in my rotation for a long time.

THE CORRE

corre2.png

THOUGHTS:

This is another Seth inspired piece. I've also seen Killjoy rocking similar ones. I saw Killjoys 7 Sins of Immortal (One of my fave sigs going around) and was inspired to make either a Nexus or Corre one. I am yet to make a Nexus one, but I might have one in my next post.
I first made a relatively simple bg and made the bars on a new layer. Then I added and cut the pics in separate layers underneath the bars. I then used the often used technique of duplicate-desaturate-overlay (I use this heaps so I'm just gunna call it DDO from now on) on all of them to really make them pop.
I did the same to their logo and added text to cap it off.

THANK YOU EDGE

thankyouedge.png

THOUGHTS:
Unhappy. I feel like I owe the Edgster more. I think I'll do a 'Rated R for Retirement' one in the coming days.
I made a piss-poor background and added the main pic. Then I added and cut the 4 others. I drew an eliptical and added some black brushes in the corners.
I then added the white brush underneath the main render. I think I'd call this 'Edge's World'.
The only bit I'm 100% happy with is the text.

CHRISTIAN

christian3.png

THOUGHTS:
Very satisfied with this. Did the DDO on the main pic. The left pic was a cartoon so it didn't take much to blend it into the background.
As for text, the "ChristiaN" was already a render. I took a leaf out of Kayoh's book and added text that looked the same to it.
Although you can't tell, my text has the same gradient and border as the render.
All in all, very happy with it.

DUBSTEP CD COVER

dubstepcd.png

THOUGHTS:

I don't buy CD's, they're pointless if you have an Ipod. But sometimes I'll download some remixes or obscure tracks of Youtube, and they won't even be in an album.
In the past I'd just put them in a random album by the similar artist, but that's not very accurate and I can't have a track without cover art.
So I made my own.
This is for any Dubstep songs I might download. I'm going to start making ones for other genres and artists.
If you want a custom CD cover, shoot me a request at my request thread!

There you have it. When it's all said and done, I'm very happy with this selection.
If you'd like to use any of the sigs displayed in my showcase, just PM me a link to which one you'd like.
And again, request a sig from me. Oh and if you haven't already, check this out:http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=3022727#post3022727

Thanks guys, have a good one :)

Actually that edge sig is amazing. The way you broke up the pictures and had edge as the focal point is impressive, plus it all flows really well i tried to make one like this but failed epically

I've been lacking inspiration recently and I've been out a lot as it's school holidays, but here are 3 new sigs:

NEXUS
nexus2.png

THOUGHTS:
Exactly the same as my Corre one except that I have their names in their sections and the text on top. Pretty happy with it.

MARYSE
maryse3.png

THOUGHTS:
I was reading the story of her Mania dress where she has no bra on and I was getting pretyy pissed off. So she has big tits - SO WHAT?! Let the pigeons loose!
Once someone uploaded a render I had to make a sig. It's my first really successful maryse sig.

DR. HOUSE - Sig Contest
sotw3b.png

THOUGHTS:
I was sad when I saw this weeks subject. The show is shit and boring. I do however like the main character. Plus he's the only one I know by name. I'm just gonna quote what I wrote in the contest thread:
I made another one but wasn't happy with it. Then I thought I'd make a bright white one to reflect on the white, sterile-ness of a hospital. It may seem like there's just a lot of dead space, but that's the reason for it.

To combat the lack of background, I did some heavy editing on the image itself.
I first duplicated it twice and on one did a black gradient map. I set it's opacity low so it look kinda rough. On the second I did the old desaturate-overlay to give it depth. I then selected just the image and on a new layer added a feathered border to it and set it to overlay. This gave it that awesome rough around the edges look. I merged all of these and zoomed right in and with just a square brush gave him some piercing blue eyes, which turned out awesome.
I finished it off with the text and a cinematic border.
Please don't assume that this is just a pic on a white bg, there are a lot of intricacies.

There you have it. Although I'm satisfied with the sigs, I'm not satisfied with this post. As I said, I'm lacking inspiration at the moment.

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME IN THIS (and every other) WEEK'S CONTEST!
PLEASE REQUEST YOUR OWN ARLO SIG, LINK IS IN MY SIG!
IF YOU'D LIKE TO USE ANY SIGS FROM MY SHOWCASE JUST PM ME TO LET ME KNOW!

Bye guys.

I HAVE FOUND INSPIRATION!

It is Theo. I saw his awesome Zack Ryder sig(CLICK HERE!) and was thankful that he put up a little tutorial on how he did it. Yesterday I tried a few of my own. Here they are:

JEFF HARDY
jeffhardy3.png

THOUGHTS:

My personal favourite. I'll say it now so I don't have to on every other one:
You start with a black bg with a logo on top if you want. You then put 4 images in and arrange them to your liking. On top of that he says to put a stock in, but i just used a gradient. You set that to Addition if using GIMP. The you make a grid on top and set it to overlay. Finish with one clear pic on top, text an a border.
Love this sig, it's going in my rotation.

FORTUNE
fortune1.png

THOUGHTS:

This is especially good for me; I've never ever made a good fortune sig.
I followed the same principle.

KATY PERRY
katyperry2.png

THOUGHTS:

It seems I can't lose when it comes to Katy, this sig is pretty awesome too.

KANYE WEST
kanyewest1.png

THOUGHTS:

This one differs a bit as I've rearranged the images, made the top transparent and did some brushwork in the background.

TRIPLE H
tripleh3.png

THOUGHTS:

Again, my first good triple H sig. Not much different from the kanye one.

There you have it guys, I'm back and better than ever.

*PLEASE REQUEST YOUR OWN! LINK'S IN MY SIG!

*IF YOU'D LIKE TO USE ANY OF THE SIGS IN MY SHOWCASE, JUST PM ME!

*IF YOU NEED TO SPREAD SOME REP, WHY NOT GIE ME A LITTLE BIT?

*PLEASE VOTE FOR ME IN SotW CONTESTS!

Thanks everyone :)

Wow, this will be the biggest bump I've ever made on this thread. I hope this can kickstart the art section as it's kinda slowed down recently.

If you want just about any sig in my showcase, just PM me.
Please request your own. Link's in my sig.
And please, leave me some feedback!

CHRIS JERICHO

chrisjericho3.png

THOUGHTS:

Boring. I just don't like it. The only bits I like are the brush stroke going into the transparent bit and the text.

MICKIE JAMES

mickiejames3.png

THOUGHTS:

Last one in the style of Theo's Zack Ryder one.
TNA has finally released more studio shots of Mickie and she won the title, so I had to make one. I like it, but I think I've gone with the wrong colour scheme.

CHRISTIAN

cristian5.png

THOUGHTS:

I made this right after Extreme Rules, wore it for a few days, and then he loses the title. I made this really quickly so it's kinda shit.

ARLO

arlo.png

THOUGHTS:

I've joined the craze! Again, fairly boring. I just didn't wanna feel left out :p

KOFI KINGSTON

kofikingston2.png

THOUGHTS:

I absolutely LOVE the text! It came off exactly how I wanted it to. The entire sig did. It'll be added to my rotation.

Well thanks everybody. I think I'll have a custom CD cover and Ipod wallpaper special up in the next few days.​

Your work is amazing!!
You work very well with the blends, the adjustments, the color scheme...

Congratulations, if you have a devianArt account please feel free to share it...
It's very good to see how you progressed from a "weak sig-maker (yes, you were) to one of the best sig makers EVER in WrestleZone...

You work hard for every piece of shit that makes a request!!
Really congrats man, you are fantastic!!!

If we have a poll about the best sigmaker of 2010/2011 you NEED to be in the TOP3 at least!!

Tips: Practice the text, it's your weak point in my opinion!!
- Also you have your style, and you should use other ones to evolve in photoshop and photo editon!!

:worship: ARLO :worship:

Everyone else seems to be getting away with just putting there new sigs in their showcase, so I should too.

I've been losing the passion for sigs recently, but I think my flame is coming back. I've been getting into textures and smaller sigs (I believe they're called key sigs, but don't quote me). 2 of these have been in my rotation so you may have seen them.

zackryder.png

jeffhardy4.png

alexriley.png

matthardy3.png

melina.png

I'm particularly happy with the Jeff Hardy and Melina ones.

It seems like every man and his dog have been opening up sig showcases recently, so I think I'm a bona-fide veteran by now. I've been sigging for just over 6 months. Just when I think the GFX section is slowing down like 5 guys who I knew from their posts make showcases. Guys like Macios & 911JP. I look forward to seeing the newbies improve, but it's too early to call whether you'll make it or not. You all have a long way to go, but I wish you luck. But I urge you not to forget the real vets like Red Skull, Stinger, Dave & Seth. I don't know what AD & Theo are up to, but don't forget them either.

So yeah. I have no clue when I'll post in here next. This has been the longest break between bumps I've ever had on my showcase. Please give me some feedback/tips. Fuck, if you have rep to spread, I'll gladly take it off your hands. And keep requesting guys.

Hey my man... Thought I could pass by to give some feedback.

This one is the best signature from those 5.
It is simple, but everything flows perfectly, the main text is a little bit forced, but it's not a big problem.
If the borders were only 1px size, I think that would be perfect.
9/10

You are the only guy that makes sigs like that, and it's fucking brilliant, because the main color of the forum is white (Thank GOD)
There are no shadows, and you have a fail in the right side of the stroke :x
8,5/10

It's my least favorite, because first the BG doesn't mean anything, the text needs a stroke, very good font, but the color.. meh....
But overall is a nice effect, and you nailed it, with a random bg ;D

7/10

This is new, working with textures, very good :D
I have nothing to say, maybe some brushes and stuff, but overall very good.

9/10 ;D

Why is she copying Jack Swagger ah? :mad:
Very good effect, I just want to tell you that smudging is also very good for sigs, and try to use some smaller borders, just to see how this turns out.
9/10

It seems like every man and his dog have been opening up sig showcases recently, so I think I'm a bona-fide veteran by now. I've been sigging for just over 6 months. Just when I think the GFX section is slowing down like 5 guys who I knew from their posts make showcases. Guys like Macios & 911JP. I look forward to seeing the newbies improve, but it's too early to call whether you'll make it or not. You all have a long way to go, but I wish you luck. But I urge you not to forget the real vets like Red Skull, Stinger, Dave & Seth. I don't know what AD & Theo are up to, but don't forget them either.

Where am I? :(

I hadn't really seen your posts. You were new to me when you started sigging. You are also my fave up-and-comer :). I like to think we've got a nice little partnership where we help each other out.

Thanks for the feedback man. I was hoping no-one would pick up on that little mistake in the Hardy one :lmao:
Alex Riley had a varsity gimmick in FCW so that's where the BG came from. I guess not many people know that.
My personal fave is the Melina one, but I'm glad you like the Ryder one. I think I've become the head broski sig maker, what with AD and some other guy requesting them from me :lmao:

Thanks so much for the feedback Futureshock, and keep it up with your sigs, you're improving with every sig you make :)

Again, I'm not going to go in depth on each one. Here's my most recent sigs/posters.

steveaustin.png

mrandersonl.png

weezy2.png

cmpunk4.png

cmpunkposter.png

arlotut.png

jam222.png

My least favourite is easily the SCSA one. It's bland and not really any different to the others. I did a lot more to the Lil Wayne & Mr. Anderson, and I like both a lot. I did the R-Truth one for jam22 and I'm very happy with the text. The text ARLO one was a tutorial.
I made the CM Punk poster first and loved it so much that I converted it to a sig. It's pretty similar to Seth's, but I've been looking to improve my poster skills and CM Punk is easily my favourite subject to work with.

Thanks guys. Keep on requesting and give some feedback please :)

I'm back for more! I've found my niche with these 400x140 sigs. They give me a lot of space to adjust things and make simple BGs.

batistay.png

randyorton4.png

reymysterio3.png

zeke.png

codyrhodes4.png

arsenal2.png

My favourites are the Batista, Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes ones. They've all been added to my rotation.
I think I've cornered the market when it come to pop out sigs and I've experimented with them at a smaller size here. The Ezekiel one isn't too flash but I love the Cody one.
I hate the Mysterio one. I originally had the bottom panel behind the text as green with a lowered opacity but I changed it. I regret that. I love the adjustments I did to the main image, that's the best part of it.

Guys, my request thread has really been slowing down. Everyone has been going to the newer guys, which I'm OK with to some extent. Even though all of Jam22's sigs look the same, you insist on seeing him. Oh well, please give me a go, I'm in good form.

As usual, I'd love some feedback. And if you want to use any of these sigs, shoot me a PM letting me know.

Even though all of Jam22's sigs look the same, you insist on seeing him. Oh well, please give me a go, I'm in good form.

Oooooh, did you just diss me? Lol. wthh. ohwell, guess its all good. People gonna hate. But yeah, some of my sigs are the same, been trying to get some new styles in. I respect ya Arlo but that was a shot. And if you didn't notice, you've been getting all the requests dude, not me. So Idk what you're ranting about.

Oooooh, did you just diss me? Lol. wthh. ohwell, guess its all good. People gonna hate. But yeah, some of my sigs are the same, been trying to get some new styles in. I respect ya Arlo but that was a shot. And if you didn't notice, you've been getting all the requests dude, not me. So Idk what you're ranting about.

haha sorry man, no disrespect in it. You're coming along nicely, you just need to branch out a bit.

LOL, I guess I was in a shit mood. Keep it up bro :)

haha sorry man, no disrespect in it. You're coming along nicely, you just need to branch out a bit.

LOL, I guess I was in a shit mood. Keep it up bro :)

Alright alright. I see. Btw, sick sig with Cody Rhodes. Ima start workin on some new shit. You inspire me ARLO. LOL!

just found this section and just LOVE it!!!!

I love signatures, I collect a lot of them and you are doing a great job

If you go back to page 1 and just browse these you will see how much you have progressed, I can tell you put a lot of thought and work into them.

I love the Viper one of this page, I didn't just take it and start using it but I would, if you would be okay with that

Hope to see more from you soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back