What is going on with The Briscoes?

Schizophrenic

iMPACT! Player From The Start
I know last month the Briscoes got, I believe, two try out matches with WWE and impressed not only WWE officials, but Vince himself. Now it's been known that they have an ROH contract for a bit longer and will fulfill those dates but has anyone head anything more about what they are considering doing after the contract ends. I know TNA & Roh are interested in signing them as well.

This is one of those situations where I really hope they don't sign with WWE here. Their moveset would get watered down too much and I fear they wouldn't allow the Briscoes to fully develop as characters. They fit best in ROH but if they must sign with anyone, TNA would be the best place for them. It would allow them to keep the same attitude they have in ROH. They can work well as heels or faces, and would greatly boost the TNA Tag Division.

If Vince signs them, they'll just get thrown into the middle of the pack like the rest of the actual tag teams and just get stuck in bullshit matches that don't mean anything. The way WWE is handling the tag titles, they're going to keep them on bigger names so they have star power being able to hit up both Raw and Smackdown, and on occasion ECW. In TNA the Briscoes would have a far better chance to get the tag titles and have more camera time.

I have not heard any additional information regarding the Briscoes since their tryouts with the WWE. I sincerely hope that the Briscoes steer clear of McMahonland. Yeah, I get it- it is the dream of almost every wrestler to be able to work in the WWE. But the WWE is promoting the hell out of their PG programming and the Briscoes are certainly not a PG team. Vince may have been impressed with their tryout matches, but they have an in ring style that most definately does not fit the WWE. And I'd be willing to bet that Vince McMahon has never heard the Briscoes cut a promo. I'd love to hear his impressions of that. The only way to water down a Briscoes promo is to make them mute. They just aren't built for the WWE. ROH gives them the freedom to be themselves.

I would guess that ROH felt it would be bad for the company to lose them in the same year as Nigel and Dragon, because that's 3 of the companies most over, most historic acts all abandoning ship at once. So they said "Can you please stay, if only just for one last title run?" and the Briscoes thought why not. We waited for the best part of a year for Mark to be healed up enough for them to return and if they'd just signed with WWE or TNA a few weeks later it would have been a bit of a slap in the face to the fans.

I have no doubt they could do well for themselves in either company, probably TNA more-so as they are more adult orientated and have better teams to work with there, but I'd rather see them stay. There are so few ROH originals left and they're going through a difficult re-building stage, so it would be good for the company if they stayed with them through it, at least until a new act can step up to replace them. Dark City Fight Club probably just aren't going to cut it, and the Wolves and Kings of Wrestling are phenomenal... but they're heels.

People say they couldn't work in the WWE because they swear, but there's a simple response: don't put them on Raw. Tape their promos so you can re-set if they drop an F-Bomb. They've cut promos on HDNet in front of a live crowd and managed to control themselves, plus, they are grown men, I'm sure they could handle not cursing if they were paid not to.

Also, with Mark's (hopefully last) injury he has been forced to ground himself and stop doing the shooting stars to the outside and other crazy dives. They've become a more traditional tag team because of it and would fit in with the WWE a lot better now than they might have at the peak of their popularity and quality. ROH fans seem almost annoyed at the Briscoes at times for not having Mark kill himself in the ring, but those are not good fans.

I'm really not sure where they'll end up, but I'm pretty sure that they won't be in ROH this time next year. They've done absolutely everything they could possibly do here and faced every team that's been assembled while they're active. Neither is ever going to conjure up enough solo support to make a legit run at a title (if the TV title had come along during Mark's injury Jay would make a good champion) so their days have been numbered for quite some time. They'd tear the house down getting to face the likes of Beer Money, MCMG, Team 3D, British Invasion, Lethal Consequences and ummm that other team (I hate the Young Bucks a lot) and they'd fit into TNA really well, but I think they could get over in the WWE too given the chance, I was just surprised Vince was interested, maybe he doesn't hate tag team wrestling after all eh?

I believe they wll go somewhere and I am hoping it's TNA not WWE. For one, the most obvious reason, is they would never pass the Wellness policy the E has in place. I've seen these dudes smoke weed in the parking lot. I guess they could quit but I'm betting they'd have issues.
Plus I see them as more of an X-Division tag team. They would bring energy to Impact. I thnk they'd fit well with the talent TNA has.
And I do think they were close to leaving before they got the belts back. And I believe they have an exit planned and ROH is aware of it. It's the reason they got the belts back for a final run. I don't begrudge them for it either, ROH is great but it's every little kids dream to be the best, either on WWE or TNA, or dreaming they are going to be in the Major leagues or NFL, NBA, etc...

hopefully they choose TNA there tag team division is solid and WWEs tag team division is well its shit. the briscoes brothers vs beer money could be epic as they are probably the two top tag teams in the world if TNA had a working relationship with ROH like wcw used to have with new japan it could easily be the top company and ROH would flourish also its a win win situation for the briscoes TNA and ROH

This is one of those situations where I really hope they don't sign with WWE here. Their moveset would get watered down too much and I fear they wouldn't allow the Briscoes to fully develop as characters. They fit best in ROH but if they must sign with anyone, TNA would be the best place for them. It would allow them to keep the same attitude they have in ROH. They can work well as heels or faces, and would greatly boost the TNA Tag Division.

If Vince signs them, they'll just get thrown into the middle of the pack like the rest of the actual tag teams and just get stuck in bullshit matches that don't mean anything. The way WWE is handling the tag titles, they're going to keep them on bigger names so they have star power being able to hit up both Raw and Smackdown, and on occasion ECW. In TNA the Briscoes would have a far better chance to get the tag titles and have more camera time.

I completely disagree with this reply.

Yes it would get watered down but Vince has said many times that he allows superstars to do there move set as long as they're not sloppy with it. Vince wouldn't allow the SSP there from a couple wrestlers but once Bourne came in he had no problem with it. A lot of people blame Vince for not allowing punk to do the Pepsi Plunge but I don't think that's Vince trying to water it down.. Just the fact it would make HHH's finisher look weak to the fans.

There spikes definantly wouldn't be allowed but you can't blame vince for that.. he's just looking out for his wrestlers and pile drivers and any type of spikes are dangerous when your doing them 300 times a year. Don't get me wrong... They could hit it perfectly 299 times .. but it just takes one time for Vince to end up in Court and his company get drug through the mud with the Media. A lot of you need to put yourself in his shoes sometimes.. He's a smart businessman

Yes it would get watered down. but I guarantee he'd allow them to do a good majority of there moves.

Either TNA or WWE at least I would be able to watch them without having to buy a ROH dvd.

If they go to WWE though they will probaly be the new Godwinns or make some ridiculous link as the Briscoe Bros. kids. lol

There is a drawback with both TNA and WWE....in wwe, their move-set may be watered down...which obviously isn't a good thing..i don't know why they do it...and in TNA...well look what is happening to Desmond Wolfe, he deserves better...much better...

However, that being said, I would rather have them sign for WWE, it's the bigger opportunity and everyone knows how the tag division is the "E" is steadily growing again!!

And I'd be willing to bet that Vince McMahon has never heard the Briscoes cut a promo. I'd love to hear his impressions of that. The only way to water down a Briscoes promo is to make them mute. They just aren't built for the WWE. ROH gives them the freedom to be themselves.

When I first started reading this I thought you meant because if Vince McMahon had heard the Briscoes cut a promo he'd know how absolutely horrible they are at doing it and would never sign them. :lmao:

I think stylistically they'd be better to go with TNA who would actually allow them more freedom to wrestle their way and not be limited, but at the same time that option seems unlikely because of the already bloated roster TNA has and the drastic need for cuts to happen. I can't see the Briscoes being an addition TNA needs, especially since they'd be hard to fit into a tag team division that seems lost in the shuffle or poorly misused right now.

In WWE they'd have their moveset adjusted, but I still see them being able to do a great deal of their stuff and probably still being able to do a version of their gimmick, just watered down. In WWE they'd likely be sent to the farms, but if they did make it to the big stage they'd have more options as to where they'd go, Raw or Smackdown, and the WWE has the money and space to fit them and do something with them (if they'd choose to). They certainly wouldn't hurt the WWE tag division, that's for sure.

I still see them staying in Ring of Honor and not making it anywhere else, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back