What needs to Happen for the WWE World Champion to main event a PPV?

Ceen

Pre-Show Stalwart
It has been, I think, 7 months since the WWE World Champion to main event a proper PPV. Since WM34, it was the only PPV they mainevented. Even with Brock Lesnar being missed. What that championship means and how it’s been used it’s a shame for all the fans.
What we need? It has been a point of even it is Roman Reigns, it is necessary to have the title main eventing ppv.

The title probably needs to move to RAW.

RAW is always going to be the No.1 show in Vince's eyes regardless of the new Smackdown TV deal.

They need to take the title more seriously and put it on somebody that's not looked at as a mid carder act. The big problem with the WWE title right now is that no matter how much fans wanted kofi to be champion, he's wasn't able to get pass the mid card status he had before which killed his title reigns.

Like it or not smackdown will become a main priority for them when it moves to FOX because of the exposure it will get the company being on a major network so i wouldn't be surprise if the title gets put on Lesnar either before their debut on FOX or in the first few weeks after the debut because they're not going into this major deal with one third of the new day as WWE champion.

Good question. An injured or absent champ from Raw, Fox putting pressure on WWE, a high profile WWE Champ (Reigns), or the return of a legend (Rock, Punk, Cena) to SD are some possibilities for elevating the title.

Another option is just needing the WWE Title match to go on last to carry a story. Wyatt's attack on Rollins was more successful due to it ending the show. If the script called on an event like that it would force them to put the match on last.

Lesnar or Reigns becoming champ. Only Lesnar and former Shield members seem to be the only people to get main events on ppvs, in fact I think they're the only three talents Vince wants in the top spot.

It has been, I think, 7 months since the WWE World Champion to main event a proper PPV. Since WM34, it was the only PPV they mainevented. Even with Brock Lesnar being missed. What that championship means and how it’s been used it’s a shame for all the fans.
What we need? It has been a point of even it is Roman Reigns, it is necessary to have the title main eventing ppv.

Vince won't allow the WWE Championship to headline because of his irrational hatred for SmackDown. Vince always has to have RAW matches close the show, even when nothing is on the line, because he believes fans only watch RAW and nobody cares about SmackDown. Whichever titles are on RAW are the top championships in Vince's mind.

Simple...

Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns needs to be the Champion.

Roman Reigns as champion. Great idea. Let's put the title back on the only man in wrestling history so universally despised that thousands of fans walk out of events where he headlines.

Roman Reigns as champion. Great idea. Let's put the title back on the only man in wrestling history so universally despised that thousands of fans walk out of events where he headlines.

Wow, in what year do you live in, reigns is more over now then ever before, so why not put the title on him, you might not like him, but your now in the minority and it's not the cool thing to do anymore. Plus even when he was in his most hated, the live event number were pretty strong when you watch the reports so i don't know where you get that thounsands fans walking out of events crap because i never saw any reports of that ever happening.

Wow, in what year do you live in, reigns is more over now then ever before, so why not put the title on him, you might not like him, but your now in the minority and it's not the cool thing to do anymore. Plus even when he was in his most hated, the live event number were pretty strong when you watch the reports so i don't know where you get that thounsands fans walking out of events crap because i never saw any reports of that ever happening.

It happened at both Backlash 2018 (where damn near a third of the audience walked out) and Fastlane 2019, just to name two PPV events where fans walked out because Reigns was headlining over the title. After Backlash set an example, it happened at several RAWs and house shows too. This was reported on everywhere, including this very site.

And no, he is not more over than he's ever been, that is a BLATANT lie and you know it. Most of the positive reactions he was getting because of the cancer crap have long since faded, and he gets mixed reactions or heavily booed in almost every city. The evidence is literally presented to you every week, and you ignore it because you're a deranged Reigns fan. The only places Roman is over are house shows (where the audience is 95% children and families) and the occasional odd pro-Roman city like Denver, which loves him for some reason.

Last edited:
It happened at both Backlash 2018 (where damn near a third of the audience walked out) and Fastlane 2019, just to name two PPV events where fans walked out because Reigns was headlining over the title. After Backlash set an example, it happened at several RAWs and house shows too. This was reported on everywhere, including this very site.

And no, he is not more over than he's ever been, that is a BLATANT lie and you know it. Most of the positive reactions he was getting because of the cancer crap have long since faded, and he gets mixed reactions or heavily booed in almost every city. The evidence is literally presented to you every week, and you ignore it because you're a deranged Reigns fan. The only places Roman is over are house shows (where the audience is 95% children and families) and the occasional odd pro-Roman city live Denver, which loves him for some reason.

Yet on every smackdown and Raw he's been on since he came back, he gets a more positive reaction then negative but saying that to you is like talking to a brick wall because your one of the last hard delusional reigns haters. I could bring you anything proof after proof that your wrong and you would still not believe me so let just say that were both right and move on.

*You're

*We're

Learn the difference.

And no, I won't say that, because it's false. The evidence proves me definitively right on every point.

Here's just two of the many reports about Backlash:

WWE Fans Were Not Happy With The Backlash Main Event

WWE News: Vince McMahon Reportedly Very Angry After Fans Walk Out Of ‘Backlash’ During Main Event [Video]

The same thing happened again at Fastlane 2019, albeit to a lesser extent since Cleveland seems to like Reigns. Only a few hundred people walked out of that show, but ANY fans leaving the arena rather than sit through the main event of a PPV they paid their hard-earned money to attend is a sign of how despised one wrestler is. Nobody has been as hated in wrestling as Roman since the 70's.

He's right about people leaving Backlash, though his typical idiocy puts sole blame on Reigns. The show was way too long and whoever booked that match is an idiot, because the pacing was terrible for it to be the last match in an overly long, boring PPV already. You could potentially say some of it did have to do with Reigns, given that it was in NJ, and they're going to be a smarkier crowd, but to say it's blatantly because of him is just AquamanLOL.

I'd read reports back then of supposedly the train schedule for people who lived in a certain part of town needing to catch their last train, but I can't confirm or deny that and I don't care enough to look.

It was literally 100% because of Reigns. The show was a typical length PPV, and other than there being no title changes and no outstanding matches beyond the opener, there were no big problems with the show until Reigns headlined. The decision to have him close the show drew NUCLEAR heat from the crowd, nearly as bad as the 2015 Rumble, and the decision to have him WIN after being destroyed by Samoa Joe before the match just made it even worse for the people who didn't leave. To say thousands of people left Backlash for any reason other than Roman Reigns is a complete lie

Oh, and there WERE many reports. Even today, Google it and you'll find literally over a dozen. Stop claiming I'm wrong when the evidence clearly proves I'm right every time. You're just hanging yourself.

*You're

*We're

Learn the difference.

And no, I won't say that, because it's false. The evidence proves me definitively right on every point.

Here's just two of the many reports about Backlash:

WWE Fans Were Not Happy With The Backlash Main Event

WWE News: Vince McMahon Reportedly Very Angry After Fans Walk Out Of ‘Backlash’ During Main Event [Video]

The same thing happened again at Fastlane 2019, albeit to a lesser extent since Cleveland seems to like Reigns. Only a few hundred people walked out of that show, but ANY fans leaving the arena rather than sit through the main event of a PPV they paid their hard-earned money to attend is a sign of how despised one wrestler is. Nobody has been as hated in wrestling as Roman since the 70's.

Yet for fastlane 2019 their no report of this happening plus you can't really put the sole blame on Reigns for that one since their were 5 other man in that match since the main event for fastlane was the shield vs Mcintyre/Lashley and Corbin so if some people left, it not because of reigns, it's more so that they got tired of The shield reuniting or having to see Corbin/Mcintyre and Lashley get beat by the shield.

Jesus christ...please finish 8th grade before you post online. That paragraph is full of so many spelling and grammatical errors, I feel like it was written by Donald Trump.

Jesus christ...please finish 8th grade before you post online. That paragraph is full of so many spelling and grammatical errors, I feel like it was written by Donald Trump.

Ha, Ha, Ha, you're funny man, i thought the same thing reading your post. I never got why is so important that you have perfect grammar and spelling when written a post online. It feel like i'm in school all over again. The point is, the only reason this seem like so important for some peoples is because they don't have anything to reply and they rather make fun of the fact that it might not be as well written as some other post.

So to be honest, i don't mind it anymore because this prove my point, that i'm right about reigns and that you can't find anything wrong about what i've written about fastlane 2019 and how you're full of shit because you know as much as me that nobody walked out on the main event of fastlane 2019 and even if that you we're right and that they did walk out, it's not only on reigns but on everybody else that was in that main event.

But again, with the way your thinking, it's like talking to donald trump because you rather make fun of people that don't think like you instead of actually having a serious conversation.

And when the crowds at every televised event continue to heavily boo Reigns, you'll react just like Vince, sitting there smiling and saying, "Listen to that ovation! The only people that are booing, are doing so because they haven't seen ENOUGH of Roman yet! They want more Roman!".

And when the crowds at every televised event continue to heavily boo Reigns, you'll react just like Vince, sitting there smiling and saying, "Listen to that ovation! The only people that are booing, are doing so because they haven't seen ENOUGH of Roman yet! They want more Roman!".

But for now, it's not happening, so let it go and move on as for now, fans are for the most part cheering him and i don't see that trend ending anytime soon.

It's happening every single week, you just ignore it. Keep living in ignorance.
Just like you, you can't admit that it's not 2018 anymore and that hating on reigns isn't the cool thing anymore, that crowds are actually cheering reigns on every show he's been on since he came back so you want to live in your ignorance and be the only one here that still is living in the past, stay there. Me, i will continue to live in the present were reigns is getting cheered.

Comment wasn't so much to say put the Title on Reigns it was just pointing out the obvious of who Vince is willing to let be in the main event of the PPV. Right now it's pretty obvious he sees Reigns, Lesnar, Rollins, C. Flair, and B. Lynch at a higher level then the rest of the card. So having a main event without one of them is probably not happening. Pretty sad even when Styles was WWE Champ and Lesnar wasn't even defending at the PPV that his matches didn't even main event. I do have to say the storylines have definitely improved with AEW coming in to the fold. Clearly it's cranked Vince's competitve juices again.

Take the title away from Lesnar and than it will be defended at every ppv. The Champ will be there every month no matter who it is. People talk about Roman and how he is hated, not so much anymore since his illness. They say putting the belt on him or pushing him was a big mistake by Vince, I say putting the Title on Brock is a big mistake. Brock won't be at every pay per view, he is a part timer.

You can see FULL MATCH John Cena & The Rock vs The Miz & R-Truth here: ShrinkMe.io Don't miss BIG MATCH SUPER TEAM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back