What song are you listening to right now?

So I'm sitting at my desk just dicking around today, while listening to this music channel called sounds of the seasons, anyone who has any kind of digital cable knows what I'm talking about. So in the middle of me dicking around I hear this funky bass line in the background, and I'm immediately enthralled, I take a glance at the TV and notice it's an artist I've never heard of before, SCORE.

This is a pretty simple jam, funky bass line, just plane late night smoking/chilling music.

Let me give ya'll a little lesson in cross promotion.

So, this morning while trying to come up with an all time great movie I heard a song that served as a bit of an inspiration for my movie choice. Now I'm sure everyone of you is familiar with the song, but probably not so much with the version, which I pulled straight from the end credits of Borat.

I'm not going lie, I fell head over heels for this song the first time I heard it, and in my opinion, it blows the original out of the water; but we all know SSC doesn't have the usual taste in music.

The video is a fucking riot too, and serves as a great inspiration to me, in a kinda weird way, but whatever floats your boat, or finds your lost remote.

This is probably one of the best all around electronic songs that I've ever heard, and I listen to my fair share of electronic music, as you all know.

The reason I say this is it manages to combine multiple genres of electronic music, you get a great hip-hop beat, a bit of acid jazz, a bit of trip hop, and it's an ever progressing build as well. From the very beginning of this song it's an instant hook, once you start listening you just cant turn away. The build is absolutely intense, and I recommend listening to it with head phones, or really loud in your car, with the bass turned up just a little more than usual.

The Warmth by Incubus is actually the first song I had heard by Incubus, and I loved it. The guitar effects were new to me, and Brandon's voice were ingenious and the melody was different, but awesome. The way all the instruments worked together to create a tight groove, and the last headbanging chorus really sealed the deal for me that this would be one of my favourite songs of all time.

"Now I Lay Thee Down" - Machine Head

[YOUTUBE]wQLQC4ln05o[/YOUTUBE]

Ever since I lost all my music files I've had a lot of trouble trying to relocate what I used to have. So, I decided to go with the big names first of each of the genre's that I listen to... which the biggest happens to be metal. I came across Machine Head, who are slowly becoming one of my reliable favs to put some tunes on and rock out to, and found the Blackening Album. To me, this song on the entire CD is their best as it conveys a lot of emotions during different parts of the song. There is anger, despair, doubt... the type of song with the tone of the guitars that I like to use when preparing for a Roleplay that I'll need to write in the future.

This song gets me in the mood for anything, no matter how far-fetched it might be in comparison.

I figured I post a classic Dubstep song that I just cant seem to shake from my head, and maybe convince a few of you to check out the Dubstep thread and drop a little knowledge of your own.

This is one of the first Dubstep tracks that I heard, after getting hooked on Benga. This is probably one of the more all time famous Dubstep tracks, and you can tell right away that it's one helluva a catchy track.

All basic elements of Dubstep are used to there maximum potential, literally every aspect of this song is great, and it's one that I always use when I first play a Dubstep track for someone.

Yep, one of my all time favorite Dubstep tracks right there, it really ever gets old for me. It's just one of those tracks I could seemingly listen to on repeat all day.

Well thanks to Doc, I have been in a Port Blue craze for a week now and I can't stop listening to none of their music. One of the songs that I currently enjoy and probably the most would be this:

[youtube]YsNLiKqL_ls[/youtube]

It has such a such a peaceful and serene sound to it. It's the perfect music to go to sleep to or to drown out any troubles that you may have.

Blackbird - Alter Bridge

This is probably Alter Bridge's best song, and it brings all of their aspects together. Myles' soaring vocals, Mark's intricate guitar work, Brian's flowing basslines and Scott's pounding drums all come together to create an 8 minute masterpiece. Both Mark and Myles get solos here, and both solos show how two largely different styles can work together to create something great. The whole song is superb, and is easily in my top 5 songs of all time.

[YOUTUBE]uelHwf8o7_U[/YOUTUBE]

I've been listening to this song a lot lately. It's a beautiful, but haunting song. It took a lot of guts for Rhianna to be a part of this. It really speaks to me because I was in a relationship like that, and it is spot on. It was either really great or really bad and this song tells my story as well. Eminem still has a lot of demons to battle, a lot of skeletons his closet and his songs on his last two cds have been helping him battle those issues. This song too has helped me come to terms with my past and finally helped me close the book on that part of it.

Paralyzer by Finger Eleven

[YOUTUBE]MtRylc98byI[/YOUTUBE]

I don't really know very much about Finger Eleven outside of the fact that they sang the song 'Slow Chemical' which was Kane's theme song for several years but this is a pretty good song. It's got some pretty solid vocals and the backing is pretty good too. It's a good song for you to get pumped up for a night out.

I'm actually listening to songs right now but they are by the same Jerkin' Crew Them P Ranger$ also known as GGPR, The Ranger$ and Go Go Power Ranger$. They are group that jerk's a new dance that promotes the skinny jeans style (I still rock baggies :rolleyes: but hey I can still Jerk) and rap/sing R&B style music.

[Youtube]5JGxEfhp74c&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]p6XYKMDGknA&feature=related[/youtube]

I picked up a torrent for the latest 10ft. Ganja Plant Album, entitled 10 Deadly Shot. Now I've been a fan of their work for a while now, as all my dad would listen to when I was growing up was roots reggae and roots dub, so I've had a soft spot in my heart for this style of music for a while. Anyways this album was a throwback to the Roots Dub style, with a 21st century twist, and I've been eating up all summer long. I've given every track either a four or five star review in my book, it's the absolute perfect music for any type of relaxing; and with so many due back to school tomorrow, I figured I would treat you all to your last taste of summer.

Looking for some soothing, late night chilling music, or perhaps just something to sit back and relax to. Well look no further than A.M. Architect, as that's just what I'm doing right now, so smooth, and so soothing. The perfect music to sit back and let your thought escape into the night.

A.M Architect is the alter ego of Aether. A.M Architect is as I described above, Aether is more of a trip hop/downtempo style, and while I do enjoy both sides of his production, there is just something about his style as A.M Architect that touches a soft spot with me. The subtle guitar strings with the melodic beat really tugs at my musical emotions.

Currently on the late night torrent hunt for new music, and have done pretty well for myself, a couple new Dubstep artists discovered, a few free LP's, some new singles and so on and so forth.

Though out of all my new music I've discovered tonight I keep levitating back to the same song over and over again. That song being Vampire Dub, by Doctor P, and if you happened to have stopped by my Dubstep thread (I'm pretty sure you haven't, as I'm practically the only one who posts in it.) you may have already heard this song, and if that's he case than I know you'll have no problem listening to it again, because it's that damn good.

Vampire Dub combines all the elements that make dubstep awesome, it's got the bass, it's got the audio clips, it samples a classic track by Scientist, and it's just plain fucking awesome, so enjoy.

I picked up this new track by Astrix a couple of weeks ago, and what a breath of fresh air it was, not that it was so original, or something I hadn't heard before; but more so the fact that a 90's trance artist was releasing new material.

As the trance genre has definitely died down a bit in the last ten year, most hardcore trance artists switched their styles up to stay with the times, while others fell off the face of the earth. In my opinion there is still a market for Psy-Trance and Goa out there, and I'm glad Astrix has practically risen from the dead to bring a fresh trance track that has that classic feel to it, with a crisper sounding production than one would be used to if they listened to any kind of trance from the 90's.

The track hits hard and fast, and delivers the message that trance is still alive and kicking, here's to hoping for a new full length from Astrix soon.

Wow, no posts in the music forum since I made about five of them last night, this is probably the one of the easiest threads in the music section to post in, so pick a song and explain why you picked it, it's so simple.

I've been rocking out to some Aesop Rock tonight, in particular, the Daylight/Nightlight tracks, two of the best raps I've ever heard, and the style is as unique as anything else your listening to, I guarantee it.

I first got into Aesop rock a few years back, and always find myself going back for a little taste, I could easily put these tracks in m top ten all time favorite rap tracks, the style and flow is really something special, and the production is top notch (blockhead ftw), it's really a powerhouse combo and I bet you'll be hooked after listening to these tracks.

Reactions: X
As many of you know, I don't venture out into the mainstream that often, as I find most of the music to be completely unbearable; though there is always an exception to the rule. In the case, the exception is Kid Cudi. With so many great reviews for Man on the Moon, plus the two collaborations with Ratatat, as well as the MGMT spot I couldn't help but to see what all the fuss was about.

Well, simply put I was hooked on Cudi, Man on the Moon was brilliant, and I practically vowed to purchase all of Cudi's work from that point on. So when I checked my iTunes this morning, and saw a new Cudi song, I was pretty pumped (other than the fact it featured Kanye track killer West), so I checked it out on youtube and decided it was more than worthy of my purchase. So now it's my duty to spread it to the rest of you.

some good ol' Maiden.. but not those greatest hits songs, nop not at all... Dance of Death (the orchestral version!) a great underrated song!

Yesterday, during my never-ending quest for new music I came across a great little website. The site is simply a homepage for record label Plant Mu. Now I'm quite familiar with Planet Mu, as I have many of their artists in my library, though I had never actually visited their site before. Well, quite the site it was, lots of good knowledge to be shared, I learned things about some of my favorite artists, as well as discovering a couple new ones worth downloading.

One such artist, Ceephax Acid Crew caught my attention more so than anyone else, and thankfully I was able to find one really good torrent and the rest shall be history. Great beats, funky synths (and you know I love a funky Synthesizer), and just an overall avalanche of electronic goodness.

Ive given this CD a couple listens now, and it's definitely going to be worthy of my future time, simply put, this is just the kind of shit I'm looking for when searching for new music. Hopefully today will be just as successful as yesterdays music hunt.

[youtube]gkMOXsY1nDo[/youtube]

I've been listening to a lot of Alter Bridge the past few days. This has to be in my top 3 favorite songs of the band. The upbeat tempo of the song can always keep me in a happy mood. Myles is definitely one of the top vocalist of this decade. I can't wait for their album to drop this year.

[youtube]TN1NtcJ9X6g[/youtube]

B/c I can't stop listening to Port Blue now. I have now become a fan of the Ambient genre of music. I just sit back and listen to the sounds. They make me feel like I'm in another place. It really is the type of music to listen to if you're having a bad day.

I've heard this song by Dam-Funk the last few nights in a row, I'm always at my desk when my attention is grabbed by an absolutely funky bass line that just screams 90's west coast rap, along with just a touch of that 80's style synth work to keep it on the lighter side.

The track is titled 10 West, and I'm a sucker for west coast nostalgia so it was practically a match made in heaven.

This dude earns the name Dam-Funk, the only problem I have with him is he seems to be a bit of a torrent Nazi, though if I hear a few more solid tracks like this I may just fork out the cash for this homeys CD.

I found an itunes gift card laying around today, so obviously I decided to pick up some new music, as I have quite the wish list of music that I've stockpiled over the last year or so.

I picked up the debut release from Planet Mu artist Oriol. It was released about a month ago, and I haven't been able to find a torrent worthy of my standards so I was pretty excited to pick this CD up today.

Great CD overall, just what I was looking for, layed back, chilled out, funky vibes coming off of every track. I had three five star tracks marked on my first listen, and only one of those tracks was available on youtube. So that makes my selection pretty easy.

Great track that embodies what this CD is all about, if you dig this track you should definitely check out some more, great production on all the tracks, no bull shit, no fillers. Straight Funk.

So Winter by Josh Radin. Apart from the fact that I'm performing this on Sunday (wish me luck!), I'm listening to this because of the fact that it is a great song. I first listened to it while I was going through a rough patch in my life about a year ago. My grandfather died and I was just feeling sad, and this song came on and seemed to sum up exactly what I was feeling at that moment, and as such this song holds a special place in my heart. There are few other songs by Josh Radin that don't get extremely repetitive, but for me, I can listen to this song all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back