What song are you listening to right now?

Got up far too early this morning, so I need some heavy fucking dubstep to go along with my usual coffee and marijuana breakfast.

I went straight to my Bar9 collection and picked out one of the baddest fucking dubstep songs on the planet, and it seems to be doing the trick. The track is titled Pussyhole, I know, great fucking name, and this track is heavy on the bass and masterful with the wobble, with a nice little 2-step beat in between the bass it makes for a nice wake n' bake track.

Here is another one, because I couldn't finish the post while listening to the one song, the track Smokestack came on right after, more heavy bass with another cleverly titles song. This fool will sneak a bass drop on you out of nowhere, and in all honesty I'm almost completely awake after these two tracks, so bravo Bar9.

Alright, so I'm gonna be a loner on this and say I do infact, listen to Nickelback...-gasps- :icon_neutral: I listen to any song with a catchy beat and thoughtful lyrics.

Add The Fray to this too.^

I'm listening to anything on Eminem's new album - Recovery. Eminem amazes me with his songs. His lyrics just jump out at me. His music is really dark, but it's not like other rappers, who rap about sex, girls, drugs or getting drunk, he actually raps about life, and how hard it can be.

Anyone heard of Taylor Swift? LOL. I listen to her, when I feel upset. I'm a girl, so cut me some slack.

I listen to pop, but it's never on my iPod, I only listen to it when I'm in the car, so I know what songs are playing when I go to parties.

One song that I'm in love with right now is: Never Gonna Be Alone - Nickelback. I can't figure out the [youtube] thing, so here's the link, if you want to listen to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca0sXdaTWDY&ob=av2n

This song is a little old, but I just got into Nickelback, so It's new for me. Like I said before, this song is thoughtful and I like the tune.

[YOUTUBE]CAV0XrbEwNc[/YOUTUBE]

I just found this song two days ago and I love it. I cant stop listening to it. First, its funny. Second, its incredibly catchy. Along with that catchiness, hidden behind it are the lyrics of a pretty hateful song. It reminds me of Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life" in the way that a catchy and upbeat song hides the dark or evil lyrics of the song. I think I'll be humming this song or singing it in head for weeks to come.

song:
[YOUTUBE]MP3nxsIsIDo[/YOUTUBE]

I bloody love this song, one of my all time favorites. It is so catchy, once i heard it in full, i was singing it for a week. Awesome vocals as usual from Chad Kroeger and the gang. It's different from usual Nickleback songs but never the less its fantastic. The intro is class. I love this song!!! lol
This is one epic song live. Could listen to it all day!

As of now I am listening to a song called The Past Should Stay Dead by a band called Emarosa.
The vocalist of this band has an awesome soulful voice but the only problem is the emo like sound of the band.
Besides that one song I am currently listening to Slash's solo album & Avenged Sevenfold's Discography.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CzFVm1Yio[/YOUTUBE]

This is by far the best cover of any song. I've always loved Cash and all of American III but I almost forgot about this song.

From the awesome lyrics to the piano in the background. A very good song.

[YOUTUBE]xCAAgycx3b4[/YOUTUBE]
one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite genres, sweet dreams by le bouche, eurodance classic. love the '90s.

Mad Season- River Of Deceit

[YOUTUBE]gvPIgZ0T01w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Being an Alice In Chains fan and liking a bit of Pearl Jam I was pleasantly surprised that Layne Staley (vocalist of Alice In Chains) and Mike McCready (guitarist of Pearl Jam) started this band.

Having a very mellow, sorrowful sound, the lyrics are in a way a forshadowing of what would happen to Layne Staley.

[YOUTUBE]Pt-NvcuDVBc[/YOUTUBE]

This is a song I recently ran into. I forgot how I ran into it, but it caught my attention rather quickly. The beat reminds me a whole lot of something Mr. Hahn would be playing for Linkin Park, hell it even sounds like one of their songs. I forgot which one though. But it's definitely a pretty decent beat.

I wouldn't blame people for getting tired of it rather quickly though. But for once every now and then, it's a decent thing to have playing if you need to get away from your average music style (Unless your average music style is this kind of music).

I'm actually listening to some of my old stuff right now, Gots me some of my Evanescence mix, like "Call Me When you're sober" "Bring Me To Life" "My Immortal," I've always like Amy Lee's voice. I was pissed when she left the group, hopefully she'll have some new stuff soon. And then some Rob Zombie greatest hits like "Never Gonna Stop" and "Living Dead Girl." Then I got my Wreckers cd (Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp) i like the song "Leave The Pieces" great melodies, and some good country songs, even though I like rock, I can't discriminate against any music. Then I'm really digging Five Finger Death Punch with "Walk Away" and "Bad Company." I just cannot get enuogh of those songs, that group just gets me amped up and ready to go, I love their songs. Doing the Bad Company, they manage to not ruin it, like some people do on covers, but they also seem to take it to a new level.

tiny dancer! but not the original one by Elton John, but a cover by none other than the nicest guy in rock Dave fucking Grohl! a song to listen, and have a good time...LAUGHING. Dave Grohl is too funny AND TALENTED!

Childish Gambino ~ The Last

[YOUTUBE]KyJxFlpblrM[/YOUTUBE]

I heard this song a few weeks back on a Detroit hip hop radio program. The guys where talking about underground jams and Childish Gambino got brought up. I kinda liked the song that they played, but could not remember what the name of the song was. I looked him up on YouTube and listened to a few of the songs that they had posted. I came across the above song and could not get enough of it. I later found out that Childish Gambino is Donald Glover, fans of the NBC show "The Community" might recognize the name, he plays Troy the former high school football star. This kid has got it going on! I like his style and have found myself listening to more and more of his music.

As my boy Lavar says, "Don't take my word for it..."

Hmm, its time I start posting in hear again as I'm in a music mood tonight. I decided to put my PSP on the SensMe channel which will catagorize any music that you have on it into different moods/emotions and also has a channel which plays music depending on what time of the day it is. I decided to go on the Mellow channel as I have been beat from work, school, and landscaping this morning. The first song that plays is:

[youtube]PJGpsL_XYQI[/youtube]

I'm a huge Evanscence fan as they are my second favorite band of all time with Metallica being the first. This is also my favorite song from the group. Amy Lee is an amazing singer and I feel this song really helps me stay calm for whatever reason. It might be the subtle piano play or Lee's voice but I just feel like lying down whenever I hear this epic song. I can't wait until they finally released their third album.

Ok, let's see what else is next for the Mellow ride of music:

[youtube]wvriCcNumlk[/youtube]

I actually like this FF game and whoever said Jade from Sweetbox was a bad idea to sing is completely wrong imo. I loved Real Emotion and 1000 Words. The song holds true to the mellow name. It's a song that was used to stop fighting in the game. It sometimes helps me to calm down when I needed it in the past.

I was pointed in the direction of a DJ/Electronic producer who goes by the name of Cylob. I couldn't find any torrents so I picked up two tracks off itunes and gave them a few listens, and was quite impressed by his work. I was immediately reminded of the Polish Ambassador who imo is one of the best Electronic artists out there.

I could only find one of the songs I purchased on youtube, so that's the one your getting, it the more layed back of the two I purchased, but I like em' both the same.

Nice song SSC, you and Doc are slowly making me a fan of the electronic genre. Now onto my Mellow journey:

[youtube]xFYQQPAOz7Y[/youtube]

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Mellow channel or not. As the way Eminem is rapping, this song could kind of be considered as upbeat. It still is a great song that I love. I think Eminem is my number 3 favorite rapper. I could listen to his albums for days and not be tired of it. Lose Yourself really personifies the career of Slim Shady and it's no wonder it's his most sucessful single.

Here's the next one:

[youtube]YfcSw14HXec[/youtube]

I actually started to listen to Leona before the commercial came out for FF XIII. She's my favorite female artist. In time, I think she'll be one of the top vocalist ever. She has the voice that can soothe me no matter what.

Well after going through my SST collection
I was in the mood to switch it up and pop
in some Dischord acts in no particular order.
NoU was one of the first groups that came up
so I ran with it. They may not be as well
known—or well liked—as some of the other
Dischord bands but for my money they were
always intense and crazy enough to make
me feel like I got extreme value out of their
record purchases (few as there may've been).

[YOUTUBE]rkRIbUT6u7Q[/YOUTUBE]

One of my favourite musicals, and the one I always manage to overlook in terms of quality. I always forget how fantastic a show Cabaret can be. This is one of the catchiest songs in the show, and one of my personal favourites. Though nothing tops the fantastically depressing ending of the stageshow for me.

Also had the Fame stageshow playing alot lately, but there is only a few songs in that one worth writing about.

[YOUTUBE]E7t8eoA_1jQ[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of them songs, that when I hear it I get it stuck inside my head for the rest of the day. You might notice some others have used this beat for their own, that's because it's the shiz-it. The lyrics in this song are better than 95% of the shit that comes out today. Just a great old school hip hop jam right here son.

[YOUTUBE]kDr8cenETH4[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song, it makes me want to be a rock star. It's a catchy song and shows that instead of fighting, just toke up a bowel of bud and end the misery and fighting and make some love instead. Perfect way to end a fight, just go get stoned. lol. I know the song is about serious issues, 'domestic disputes' and such, but they sing about it in such a fun way you can't help but enjoy it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNzIKoAy2pk[/YOUTUBE]

I've really gotten into RATM lately and this one is a constant listen now. I love the main riff along with Zack's vocals in this. Sounds like something I'd like on a WWE game. The line "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" is legendary and it made this song popular. Amazing.

I've been listening to Beats Antique all day today, some pretty trippy shit. Great fucking beats all around, and there more recent stuff is very bass heavy, though not much can be found on youtube.

One of the few songs I was able to find, Sweet Demure, an absolutely chilling track, it gets me every time. I definitely have a soft spot for this one, and I find it to be great inspirational running music, enough of a beat to keep a tempo, and that something extra that helps you dig deep.

Now this one will seem a little odd for people that know me (not too many here) but this is one of my favorite music video's, as well as songs ever. So raw and emotional. Where else would you get an all-star cast like this that gives tribute to a real music Icon

[YOUTUBE]v/7auzYgVosJA?fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]I4SgH-_WH2Q[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite song by the greatest guitarist to ever live. I only wish I was born back then so I could have seen this incredible man live.

Afterwards I plan on listening to this:

[YOUTUBE]wotaEqL2mzI[/YOUTUBE]

An incredible Metal band from Poland, Behemoth. Their singer has Leukemia right now, but I hope he gets better so he can keep on rockin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back