What song are you listening to right now?

[YOUTUBE]MxAvLwo3p_g[/YOUTUBE]

I usually find this song on heavy repeat when I have my Rurouni Kenshin spells.

Starting another Mellow journey tonight on my PSP, here's the first song to start it off:

[youtube]6F6t9uB0mAU[/youtube]

From my favorite band at the moment, the title of the song perfectly fits the scenery that I imagine while listening to it. It makes me think of riding in a monorail late at night in a city while watching the lights as I pass by. There's nothing that will keep you calmer than listening to a Port Blue song imo.

Symphony X - Domination

[youtube]l7Zhi7QWN2o[/youtube]

Great progressive metal band. Love the opening bass solo in this tune, utterly epic. Some solid breakdowns as well.

Next song in my Mellow night:

[youtube]3Z7b2Kfxr6U[/youtube]

Of course it has to be a Kingdom Hearts AMV, I don't think this should be in the Mellow channel. I wonder what my PSP looks for to categorize these songs sometimes. It still doesn't change the fact that this is my second favorite song by Evanescence. I'm actually sad they didn't released this as a single for the Fallen album. The guitar play in this song is spectacular and Lee as always is amazing on vocals. This is truly one of their better songs imo.

I love the SenseMe channel, it really does get me in what I want to listen to:

[youtube]Qm4A0-pKKuY[/youtube]

The sig says it all. I love GITS and I thought this ending theme in 2nd GIG was much better than the first one in SAC. I've actually listen to some of Steve Conte's other songs including his work on Cowboy Bebop and Sonic and the Secret Rings. I think he's one of the best vocalist I have ever heard. The violin in this song perfectly blends with Conte's voice. A song that anyone can listen to if they want some serenity in their life.

Uh, now this one I will never understand:

[youtube]bB5JM7dC2KE[/youtube]

Yeah, now I'm really questiong as to how my PSP groups these songs into the right mood channel. I doubt that there's anyway you can consider this song mellow. I guess it still doesn't change the fact that I like Vladimir's theme though. The beat of the drums is very catchy. It fits Vladimir's Moscow Mauler gimmick perfectly. I would consider this song as more of a Extreme or Energetic mood then Mellow anyday.

[YOUTUBE]v/srJtpTDqecI?fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

While not a big fan of either band, this video has the emotional factor behind it. I've seen people cry due to this song/video due to some of the memories of this horrible event. Very well done by both of these bands.

Right Now I am listen to Emienem New Album 'I am not Afraid"

Verse One
I see them coming after my soul....
wanted to take control....
Wanna give me locks, wanna give me bling....
Wanna give me all the material things....
I hear dem talking bout what the world has to offer, girl what you doing dont you see....
What they have done to Bed-ward & Marcus, Jesus and all of the Profits ....

Chorus
But I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
If dem a come let them come cause I'm protected by the most I one....

Verse Two
They don't mind when you fall behind and cant pay your bills on time....
Prostituting and standing in their government line no....
And they dont mind when you waste your time coming up with some stupid line....
Influencing the youth dem fi start a line or take a life....
And they dont mind when you locked up in jail can't get no bail sentence fi life....
You can't see you youth dem strive but they dont mind....
Chorus
But I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
If dem a come let them come cause I am protected by the most one....

Bridge
Hey A....
Dont be foolish....
Thinking they dont know your name.....

Verse One
I see them coming after my soul....
wanted to take control....
Wanna give me locks, wanna give me bling....
Wanna give me all the material things....
I hear dem talking bout what the world has to offer, girl what you doing dont you see....
What they have done to Bed-ward & Marcus, Jesus and all of the Profits ....

Chorus
But I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
No I am not afraid....
If dem a come let them come cause I am protected by the most one....

[youtube]qqXi8WmQ_WM[/youtube]

EDIT: Here's part two its a lot better than part 1.

[youtube]Y2iTSfZRytE[/youtube]

Shout by Disturbed!!!

That is one of the best covers ive ever heard, and that song is stuck in my head!

Draiman is fucking legend.

Disturbed is one of my fav bands, and the guy could sing if you listen to the song about to play called Darkness, he has a beautiful voice, and the song is EPIC!!!

Shout by Disturbed!!!

That is one of the best covers ive ever heard, and that song is stuck in my head!

Draiman is fucking legend.

Disturbed is one of my fav bands, and the guy could sing if you listen to the song about to play called Darkness, he has a beautiful voice, and the song is EPIC!!!

Agreed he is great. Im listening to this:

[YOUTUBE]r8hnIqp4Xkw[/YOUTUBE]

Probably my favorite song off of their new CD

who wants to live forever- breaking benjamin.

First off, Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band. I also found the lyrics and the sound of the original song(its a Queen cover) to be ahead of their time.

However, I feel that Ben Burnley, the lead singer of Breaking Benjamin, drags this song down. While he sings his own lyrics with passion and commitment, it feels like hes going through the motions on this one, as his voice barely leaves monotone level. So this one is definitely a miss for me, despite my love for my fellow Pennsylvania boys.

FREE MUSIC ALERT, FREE MUSIC ALERT!!!

Yes, you read correctly, SSC has dropped by with a free music alert, and not just any free music alert, but one from one of the more innovative electronic artists on the market today.

Big Gigantic has been giving away free music on their website for a couple years now, and even though they've gained a bit of a following and found some success touring with the great STS9 they still stay true to their beliefs offering up all of there original music for free.

There most recent album, A Place Behind the Moon is right on par with their first two releases, though they have updated their style a bit, adding heavier bass and harder beats to their already amazing sound. The amazing saxophone solos are still ever present, and the evolved sound id quite the treat for the ears.

My favorite track from the new album, though I'm sure it will change after giving it a few more listens.

I am glad my topic is doing so well :p

[YOUTUBE]dscfeQOMuGw[/YOUTUBE]

I first heard of Monster Magnet from them doing the "Live For The Moment" Matt Hardy entrance music, but never really knew much about them til I heard the song "Powertrip" on a compilation cd and LOVED IT.

So I looked around and Powertrip was also the title of their most famous album, so I picked it up for a couple of quid off Amazon, and then heard this song. Pretty chilled out, just awesome music!

I just picked up the new Infected Mushroom single today, it's been out for a week or so, but I just got around to this baby today.

So the track is titled Deck & Shecker, and it pretty much pics up right where Infected Mushroom left off with their last album. Easily one of the best trance artists going today, and probably the most mainstream, though they're not mainstream at all, but they have garnered some attention from those media types.

This track is a little more than eight minutes of electronic psy-trance bliss, with that rock edge that only infected mushroom can deliver. The builds and drops are up to par with everything else they've composed, and the unique and funky sounds are a great as ever. This track really has me looking forward to their new album, which I assume should be released in the upcoming months.

Godsmack- Love Hate Sex Pain

[YOUTUBE]ObYj0Zmfbpo[/YOUTUBE]

Great riff from a top quality band. Their latest album "The Oracle" isnt as good as "IV" but there are still alot of really good tracks on there...I just wish they would come to England for a tour, but they are hardly known over hear and so big over in the US, that its probably not worth their while lol.

As good as this song is....its no "Re-align", easily Godsmacks best song

Right now, I'm kinda in a VERY bad mood....:banghead: So my musical stylings are VERY varied...pardon the double entendre or whatever...but here goes:

1. Best of Stevie Wonder.. I am in LOVE with this dude. I love his songs, Superstitious, Higher Ground, I Just Called To Say I Love You...and so on. It just SUCKS that American Idol tries to have a night where these kids/wannabes try to sing his songs. The Chili Peppers came close, did good with their rendition of Higher Ground.

2. Three Days Grace...I love love love their songs. Animal I have Become...great song for an AMPED UP, ANGRY DAY. Never Too Late, ooh..brings chills and if u see the video..its very dark and disturbing and you just have to wonder. But I love it.

3. The Who's Greatest Hits...c'mon, Pete Townsend, Keith Moon, and so on. Is there anything they are NOT good at? Besides the opening synth riff to Baba ORiley..which I LOVE...(Okay..so I'm a CSI series geek as well..lol) But all their songs just make you want to get up and do something, and you know that there will NEVER be another group like that.

4. Ray Charles...Best of Cd.. Okay...ever since I saw the movie, "Ray" I was totally into this guy. I love how Kanye used his sample in "Gold Digger" and Ray Charles was totally THE man. I love his songs, and the "Georgia On My Mind" always makes me think of my Aunt who is a true southern belle.

I'm currently listening to my second favorite Shpongle album, Nothing Lasts... But Nothing is Lost... One of the best Psy-Trance artists going today, and in my opinion one of the best Psy-Trance groups of all time.

The Cd runs twenty tracks deep, and each one flawlessly connects to the next one. Easily one of my favorite ways to kill an hour.

So as I'm listening this morning, the track The Stamen of the Shaman comes on and I can't help stop everything that I'm doing, close my eyes and just take in all the different otherworldly sounds, such a masterful blend of classic trance with new age and world music. Easily one of my favorite listening experiences and something I would recommend to anyone who just wants to kick back and relax or just zone out to some amazing music.

*Free Music Alert* *Free Music Alert*

I know I've mentioned the artist Pretty Lights before, but I just can't help but continue to share this amazing free music with you guys. Simple visit the bands website where they offer there 3 three full length albums and 2 amazing EP's.

Well the song that I'm listening to now goes hand in hand with my choice for the greatest athlete of all time. The song is titled More Important than Michael Jordan, who just so happens to be my choice for greatest athlete of all time.

Now if your going to title a track More Important than Michael Jordan you had better be prepared to bring the musical heat, and this song does just that. Easily one of my favorite songs based on the length and the fact that the song doesn't let up, not even for a few seconds.

Now they could have title this More Important than Babe Ruth, or More Important than Mohammad Ali, but they chose the greatest, most influential athlete of all time in Michael Jordan, and I can't help but agree with them.

My brother went to Ibiza this summer with his mates, and since hes come back he has been obsessed with dance and trance music.

We both already liked Chicane though, and I have just bought him a ticket for his birthday to watch Chicane in Manchester in November, should be a top gig. Its a tiny venue so I cannot wait to hear this live! Such an immense tune

[YOUTUBE]-WSX27tFJ0U[/YOUTUBE]

As you can tell, I have a VERY wide taste in music lol

horseshoes & handgrenades by green day ive been listening to this since their albulm released last year i love the line maybe you're the runner up but the first one to lose the race and the start aint bad the first couple words are im not fucking around i think im coming out this is just a great piece of music by green day

Well, I've just been posting loads of songs on the "Video Game Music" thread, so at the moment I'm listening to this:

[YOUTUBE]ZWuNf4gxwuM[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome soundtrack for an awesome game if you ask me. Before all the whole Video Game Music stuff though, I was listening to this:

[YOUTUBE]gostBJajTjk[/YOUTUBE]

This is an awesome mashup by KayfabeMashUpz on Youtube. It's a mix between "Wild and Young" by American Bang and "We Are One" by 12 Stones. Basically a custom Nexus theme. It's quite awesome, take a listen?

[YOUTUBE]hc2Gnh8yI5w[/YOUTUBE]

I am a big Alice In Chains fan, so I have recently checked out Mad Season, who were Layne Staleys side project, this is off their self-titled album. The whole album is pretty chilled out but this is the most "Alice" sounding track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back