Which game are you playing at the moment?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
So which game are you guys playing at this point in time? Is it new school? Old school or mid school? What do you think of it?

For me I'm playing Okami on the PS2, this game is brilliant and has a lovely visual and musical mixture. I've just got onto the final temple so that should be fun. Easily one of the better games of recent times.

Check it out, Lee- I am acutally posting in the video game section!

Anyway, I'm not much of a gamer but every now and then I become addicted to a game. Right now I'm playing Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I supposed it's an older game (I honestly don't know), but I love it. It's still hard for me to see my old favorite NES games reinvented for newer game systems. Regardless, I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

Reactions: Lee
Well I'm playing the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer beta. It's a fantastic third person shooter, It's not just point and shoot. There is a bit of skill needed to play effectively.

Of course i'm still playing both Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, And it's successor Call of Duty: World at War. Both games are hailed as the best around, Or ever. Especially the first one.

Fallout 3, One of the best RPG's on the next gen console's, All about survival in a post apocoliptic Washington DC.

Need for Speed: Shift.

This is the first Need for Speed since Most Wanted that I have really, really enjoyed. The graphics are absolutely incredible, the mixture between arcadey and simulation driving is very different and a bit of a challenge. The career mode is good and the online modes are awesome and really good fun. Very addictive stuff. :D

I'm playing Professor Layton and Pandora's Box on my Nintendo DS. Does that count as a console? Anyway, yeah, I love it. I finished The Curious Village within a few days but this one is taking longer - granted I haven't yet given it my full attention. I love the fact there's a storyline but that you have to solve a billion puzzles to work it all out. There are the easy obvious ones but then suddenly you get the unbelievably difficult ones which you spend hours doing to no avail, until you give up and run to a friend for help. I need a life.

Reactions: Lee
Need for Speed: Shift.

This is the first Need for Speed since Most Wanted that I have really, really enjoyed. The graphics are absolutely incredible, the mixture between arcadey and simulation driving is very different and a bit of a challenge. The career mode is good and the online modes are awesome and really good fun. Very addictive stuff. :D

Shift would be ALOT better if it wasn't for the inclusion of random black ice spots. Apart from that, It's a pretty solid game. I'd still take Grid over Shift, Put definitely worth a play though.

Rob: Are you on countdown for the new F1 game? It's being made by CodeMasters, So it will be a great game.

Rob: Are you on countdown for the new F1 game? It's being made by CodeMasters, So it will be a great game.

Formula 1 on the Wii was ment to come out last week, but it's been held back till the end of November, which is a shame.

As for the Xbox 360 version which is coming out next year, I'm extremely excited about it already, and all I've seen are a couple of random artistic screenshots in a magazine.

After re-playing The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess last week I am currently on The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker and am still astounded as to how well the cell-coloured graphics actually worked.

On the PC, after many many months of playing the epic Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome:Total War and The Long Road mod for Medieval II: Total War, I have finally gotten my hands on the Alien Crossfire expansion for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. I never thought there would be anything to make me forget about the little gem that was Civilisation II but the combination of RTW and Alpha Centauri has managed it.

Im currently playing Final Fantasy X for the PS2 again. So far I have killed most of the dark Aeons and captured 10 of every monster in the arena, I'm easily getting killed by dark Bahamut and his damned Impulse attack. I could just use Yojimbo on it but thats just an easy way out and I wanna beat it without resorting to 1 hit kills.

I'm also playing PES 2009 and Ashes Cricket on the Xbox 360 as well as Fallout 3 and every expansion to it. Also playing Left 4 Dead online which is pretty cool can't wait for the sequel.

Now, I'm playing Halo 3: odst. I really am enjoying this game a lot. The game play is pretty sweet. Firefight is pretty epic as well...

I'm still playing fifa 09 on the wii, and the original smash bros. That game just doesn't get old no matter how long you play.

Just finished Battlefield: Bad Company for the 360. I know it's been out for a while, but I thought it was pretty fun.

I started playing Viking: Battle for Asgard today. I saw where it got decent player reviews and lots of people are saying that it was very underrated. So far, I think it's just ok.

Im playing The Beatles Rockband. I think its really cool and fun but they could of added more songs to it.

One of my friends recently gave me his Gamecube, so I went out and bought Melee, DBZ Budokai, and NBA Street Vol. 2. Currently, I'm loving NBA Street. I love any over-the-top sports games, and Street captures perfectly the spirit of basketball. Ridiculous stunts and jumps make this game hilarious to play.

Aside from that, another friend modded my PSP for me. Right now I have NES, GBA, SNES, and Genesis games on it. I LOVE "Pirates!" for the NES. Seriously, that game is ahead of it's time. Sail around an entire ocean, raid ships, towns, and search for treasure. Gain land and gain prestige with an allied country, there is just so much to do.

I got Star Wars: Empire at War yesterday on a cheap bargain and so far it's pretty decent. Some of it is quite basic for a stragety type game, ususally the battles are go in and kick some ass. But the parts I like is how you must prepare yourself for each battle, from the size of your fleet to the size of the ground force and if you want to bring in heroes or not.

Currently on campaign mode but it's going well, I've got to attack Admiral Ackbar's homeworld next, IT'S A TRAP!

WOW! About a page and a half of posts and no mention of Peggle on the 360. You guys should check it out. It is so simple yet so great. Shoot a ball with different creatures and hit other balls. How fun is that?
Although I do feel a drop in my masculinity when you get all of the balls and a giant rainbow comes on the screen to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. But, I just can help to smile.

Also, I am playing gears 2 a little bit, basically its polar opposite.

Surprise, surprise, I'm still playing MK: Armageddon. I'm working on the story mode again, and I've been fighting Zack a lot.

I'm also playing some NHL '98 occasionally. It's still the greatest hockey game ever made, and I'm using a team of all created players. I can usually get about 100 shots a game, and end up with scores like 10-1 or 12-2.

I am filling in the days until Football Manager '10 comes out by playing Fifa '09. I was going to get Fifa '10, but I only currently have a laptop with a crap processor, and Fifa 09 hardly works as it is, I don't want to risk the new one not working, especially as I wasted £30 on Virtua Tennis and the players won't show up on my screen :mad:. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, but I don't have a clue on technical things.

As for Fifa '09, it is a kick arse game and even though it's a year old there's plenty of stuff to do that doesn't get old. Plus Darlington actually have a good team on it. Not looking forward to managing Darlo on Footy Manager though. I may just have to be a Top Four club this time around.

Well until firly recently I was plsying a lot of Plants Vs. Zombies that is a damn addicting game, like Peggle and Peggle Nights. Popcap makes some seriously addicting games that will screw your time management skills up to the Nth degree.

But right now I am playing both Damnation and Unreal Tournament. I am playing UT just because it is an awesome game and it allows me to kill things legally and relieve any stress I have. Damnation is a different beast all together due to the fact that I am a huge steampunk fan and the game looked cool so I got it, and have been enjoying playing it. I am about halfway through at this stage.

I would buy that Viking:Battle for Asgard game if it was on computer, just because that is my preferred method of gaming.

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts II. Such a solid game. The story grabs your attention right off the bat and the gameplay is pretty great. I haven't played it in a while, so i'm trying to get back into it. If for some reason you've never played it, check it out. Don't fret on the fact that it's full of Disney characters, it's not as bad as you may think. I was one of the naysayers myself!

I'm playing a few games, all N64:
Conker's Bad Fur Day is one. I've always ALWAYS wanted to play it but I was never old enough. I once snuck a turn on it when I went to a friend's house, but I never got t play it. The mouse explosion is still as sick as it was back then.

Another is Mischief Makers, a great 2D platformer that I made a thread about in here.

I downloaded an emulator and ROMs, and I have a controller that works perfectly with it.

Well my XBOX 360 needs to get repaired but in the meantime im playing True Crime: New York City on PS2...i love everything about the game except for its shit car mechanisms and collisions. But its one of the grittiest sandbox games, a gangsta turned street cop is a good story.

I am playing two games for the time being. I say playing, what I mean is that they are currently sitting next to my XBOX 360. Thise games are both of a different genres and one of them is sort of experimental more than anything.

The first game I am playing is FIFA 10. It is a great game and it is so expansive that I have been playing it a lot more than I did with FIFA 09. The thing about it is that it is much better than the last game offline. I played it offline for the first couple of days and I think that it really helps me get on top of the game before I take it online. The best thing about the game is that it is sort of like an RPG in some ways. You create your own guy and you take him across all of the game modes that you play. That way, you get connected to your player and you are constantly trying to make him better. It makes you feel good when you start playing it and getting your own player better. It is a good game.

The second game is more like an experiment in many ways. I bought Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising to see if I would be comfortable playing RPG's and more so than that, real-life RPG's. I have played it for a while and got by a couple of missions. It is tremendously hard and is very rewarding when you get past each mission. I like it in some ways and dislike it in others. Although I do feel that I will like it with the more time that I play it.

So the least popular of the real Mario platformers I have decided to go back and replay Super Mario Sunshine. It is an odd game, really frustrating at times, really easy at others. My major concern is a lack of any progression really.

O and NBA Street Vol. 2. Currently, I'm loving NBA Street. I love any over-the-top sports games, and Street captures perfectly the spirit of basketball. Ridiculous stunts and jumps make this game hilarious to play.

I love the NBA Street series, have every game, it's absolutely amazing. I actually thinkg V2 is the worst of the 3 on Gamecube, but you can't go wrong with any of them, they are all just great. With guys like Biggie Littles and Osmosis, that game is just awesome. I think V2 does have some pretty good legends though, Wilt is amazing.

As for what I'm playing right now, it's Madden 10 on the XBOX. I've been working my way through Madden Moments and have been doing a franchise with the Lions, I've made them pretty competitive.

I'm thinking about making a shitty created team next and trying to make them a Super Bowl contender, should be fun.

Also, I was beating my bro 35-0 with the Raiders yesterday, he quit.

I love the NBA Street series, have every game, it's absolutely amazing. I actually thinkg V2 is the worst of the 3 on Gamecube, but you can't go wrong with any of them, they are all just great. With guys like Biggie Littles and Osmosis, that game is just awesome. I think V2 does have some pretty good legends though, Wilt is amazing.

As for what I'm playing right now, it's Madden 10 on the XBOX. I've been working my way through Madden Moments and have been doing a franchise with the Lions, I've made them pretty competitive.

I'm thinking about making a shitty created team next and trying to make them a Super Bowl contender, should be fun.

Also, I was beating my bro 35-0 with the Raiders yesterday, he quit.

I remember the FIFA Street series. I both the first two games and I have to tell you that I thought they were absolutely immense. I played the first one until my fingers were raw and my team was decimating everyone in their way. I then played FIFA Street 2 and thought that it was an improvement on the one that had gone before it and was naturally quite an easy game to pick up and play. The controls were simple and the game play was really rewarding. When you scored a goal that had used some of the coolest moves around, you felt like you could continue playing it to replicate what you had just done.

I imagine it is the same feeling for the NBA Street. I played the demo for the first one and I didn't really enjoy it, truth be told. I just didn't think it worked and I would rather play NBA Live of 2K9. That's just my preference though and I'm sure that people who like the series feel the same reward I did when I scored a goal in FIFA Street.

Let's just hope they keep up the standard and don't let it go to shit like FIFA Street 3. That game was just horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back