What game are you currently playing? Non spam edition

halo_3_cover.jpg

after years of having to watch my brother play it, its finally MY TURN

Halo 3 is fucking awesome, I don't care what PS3 fanboys say! The campaign is immersive and it really gets your heart going. Also, the multiplayer experience is incomparable. I recommend you play Reach too, it's almost as good!

Reach was the only Halo game I've played. I did watch my cousin play Combat Evolved on the PC but I never saw him get very far in the game because he was having too much fun killing Captain Keyes on the first level. Over and over again.

But Reach was a ton of fun. Campaign was top notch stuff, in my opinion. Wanted to tear up at the end. And that says something since I'm not a huge player of shooters.

Surprised I didnt see GOW3 in the last few posts. I aint a gear head by any stretch of the imagination but I gotta say I really got my monies worth with this game

I have the weird habit of playing most of my games in alphabetical order. Right now, I'm up to "L", or specifically, LA Noire. I've had a problem with random jerks running me over with their vehicle while I'm stepping into my squad car, so, I've had no alternative other than to order them to get out of their car, and since the game doesn't let one pull your gun on random NPCs, I run into them to knock them over again and again.

This one guy I knocked against his car inexplicably didn't get up, so I comandeered his vehicle and backed over him a few times. :lmao:

God_of_War_3_GOW3Cover.jpg

I'm currently in my fourth playthrough of God of War III. I have never enjoyed re-playing a game quite as much as GOWIII. I've played on almost every difficult, the only one being Choas mode because I found the damn queen scorpion to be difficult enough on Titan mode that I'm not itching to face it again on a harder difficulty. Right now I'm playing through it using all the godly possessions (minus Hera's chalice, who the fuck would use that anyways?) and am playing with the Apollo skin. It is so easy but still a lot of fun.

I already have the platinum trophy so I'm really in no rush to get through choas mode or the challenges of exile. Plus playing with the godly possessions is a hell of a lot of fun. If you haven't played this game I highly recommend it, although it probably isn't for everyone.

Gears-of-War-3.jpg

Granted I haven't been playing as much as I should because I recently picked up the "Game of Thrones" book which has eaten up my time, i'm still playing through it slowly. Another reason I haven't played much is that I got through a huge, long, drawn out battle scene only to experience a glitch where the gate wouldn't open for me to advance. I shut off my 360 and haven't played it in about five days after that. It's much more fluid than the first two though. I really enjoy it, but a little thing like that will really make me stop playing for a bit.

I have finally finished Bioshock 2! Both of the games in that series are excellent. I love being overpowered and sending the big daddies on spicers. I got the evil ending because I did not save the little sisters and instead harvested all thier Adam (which I was critized for by the narrator at the end of the original game. I can not wait ti play bioshock infinite!;)

GOW3_NORATING_X360front_crop--article_image.jpg

My brother has been home for Thanksgiving and he brought both Gears 2 & 3( I had previously played the first one several months ago). I wasn't a huge fan of the first game but about half way through the second game began to understand what it so great about these games. They really are a hell of a lot of fun. I just needed to learn to accept it for what it was opposed to what my initial expectations had been. The third game was really good. I felt that the story and characters were head and shoulders above the previous games in terms of depth. The new characters were great and there were some rather touching moments (brothers to the end). One of the best games I've played this year.

I'm also playing
MV5BMTUyMzMzMTU0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM3MTcxMw@@._V1._SX640_SY738_.jpg

I'm going to play through it one more time before Arkham City drops on Tuesday. Oddly enough, this is the first time I have ever played it on the PS3 and can't wait to play as the Joker on the challenge maps.

I'm currently on my second playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. I absolutely LOVE this game. I'm trying to make my character completely different this time so I get different game endings. If you haven't played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas, you should check them out. It's like the Elder Scrolls meets Mad Max. Genius. My only critique: there a lot of bugs/gltiches in the game.

I am currently playing Batman Arkham City.
The first game was my absolute favourite game of all time and this sequel to the series has made me realise why I love this franchise so much.
I have finished the storyline, AND LOVED THE ENDING, and now playing side missions and riddler things.
give it a go, it's a bloody beautiful game

ps3%20batman%20arkham%20city.jpg

Been playing through Arkham City for the past week. After a year long wait it was nice to finally get my hands on it. To be brutally honest I don't think it is quite the masterpiece that I was anticipating or that everyone else seems to think it is. The ending was fine but I wasn't blown away by it like everyone was promising and I do chuckle to myself when I hear people raving it as one of the best games ever. The combat and stealth are still as good as they were but I just don't feel like it has had the same impact on me that the first game did.

This is probably still one of the best games on the market though, just don't believe the crazy bastards that are hailing it as the greatest thing ever. It is good, but not incredible. And this is all coming from someone who was determined to love this game like a child.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been playing Batman Arkham City. The graphics on the game are amazing and they truly bring the characters to life when you're playing. The voice acting is some of the best I have heard from a video game ever. Mark Hamill is the greatest Joker ever. His laugh gives me chills whenever I hear it and the guy does an amazing job with his work. It's all positives and if it is the last time Hamill will voice Joker then he has left behind something wonderful for everyone to enjoy.

My take on the ending.
This was awesome to watch as it played out. I was taken back by it. I don't believe Joker has died. It looks like he did when the game ends but the entire time Joker has been saying to hide something put it right under his nose. Batman carried Joker out of the prison. Joker was literally right under the nose of Batman. He is no longer trapped on the inside of the prison. It may turn out to be nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another edition to this wonderful pair of Batman games.

Last night I picked up a 3DS so its only natural to pick up Super Mario 3D land with it. I've played it for a few hours and from what I've played the game is awesome. The 3D effects are really well done (especially when jumping from long heights and seeing coins fly into your face) and is a nice mix of all Mario games old and new. The music is as good as ever and the Tanooki Suit is always welcome in a Mario game (did I say fuck you PETA).

Anyways if u have a few hundred bucks kicking around to get both definitely go for it the DS was 160 and the game 50 (and thats Canadian). The game is definitely worth every penny spent.

I picked up The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Friday and I have been playing it non-stop ever since. I can honestly say, for me, THIS IS THE GREATEST FANTASY EPIC THAT I'VE EVER PLAYED!! The level of depth makes Oblivion pale in comparison. I won't give away any spoilers, but if you're an RPG or Bethesda fan, you MUST HAVE THIS GAME!!

MarioKartWii.jpg

Basically my early childhood. I haven't been able to really stop playing it since i dug it up last week. I will love the wii system forever and ever just because of this game.

Just started playing Skyrim this past week, and it is awesome. Just like Fallout 3, I can tell I'm going to sink a hundred hours or so into it, not to mention multiple playthroughs. I also just finished Limbo for the first time and am quite impressed. It's short, but the atmosphere and puzzle solving is top notch. I still need to finish some other recent games I bought (Dark Souls, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 2 & 3...), but unfortunately, Skyrim may own my undivided attention for a couple months.

Playing DC Universe online on my PS3. It's an incredible game and blends an awesome adventure based rpg with a simple MMO. The missions are fun and it's great having others help you out in them in real time.

On my Wii I'm playing Skyward Sword. That game is just....oh my God. Everything in it is amazing. The boss fights, the score, the gameplay. Definitely a game of the year candidate and a surefire Wii game of the year winner.

GRD_214_WWE%20Smackdown%20vs.%20Raw%202011.jpg

After finally completing the campaign of Red Dead Redemption (36.5 hours later), I was in the mood for something not as serious and completely different from Red Dead. With all of the talk around here with everyone playing WWE '12, I decided I would revisit Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and split my time between playing with the Universe Mode & getting the platinum trophy.

The small changes to the gameplay, and the new Universe Mode in Smackdown vs Raw 2011 make it one of the better games in the Smackdown franchise, and the best Smackdown game in a while.

I have eight brand new games sitting at home that I have still to dig into, but playing Smackdown vs Raw, has been a nice breath of fresh air from anything that I have been playing lately, and anything that I will be playing in the near future, and because of that, my original plans of trading in the game after getting the platinum, have been changed to trading in the game when WWE '13 is released.

_-Darksiders-Xbox-360-_.jpg

Just recently finished Singularity(7/10) to bring the list of games to get through down to 6. Started this game last week and 5 and a half hours in im on the last dungeon. Which should bring the game time to 7 hours, about average for the single player story on a game these days. The story's pretty familiar with the demon lord "The Destroyer" leading his army of demons onto earth slaughtering the human race in the process. You take the role of War the horseman tasked with the job of defeating "The Destroyer". Ill let you learn the rest for yourself.

The gameplay is very similar to Devil May Cry with an array of weapons to use and many different combos to learn for each weapon. By killing enemies you get souls you can use to upgrade your weapons or learn new moves. What's interesting about the game is prevents itself from being a straight devil may cry clone by adding 5 dungeons to the game. The dungeons are laid out very similarly to those in the Zelda series. There is a weapon in every one that helps you fight the final boss in the dungeon. There's also a map you can find in each one but it's not hard to clear the dungeon without it.

Overall it's a good game the fighting isn't as good as Devil may cry and the dungeons aren't as good as Zelda but it's able to find a good middle ground between them. If you can get it for anything less then full price then it's certainly worth your time. It gets a solid 7/10 from me.

I am currently playing Uncharted. I've not had a PS3 long (bought it off a friend) and had a go on a few of the games he had with it, but was a bit underwhelmeed and went back to my X Box. Then, a friend reccomended it to me (his exact words were 'imagine Indiana Jones mixed with Lara Croft, and there's Nathan Drake in a nutshell.' So yesterday, I gave in and bought it. I have no idea how far I am through, but every single part of it I have fallen in love with. His description was exact too. I often get annoyed with Tomb Raider games, but this uses the climb and shimmy-along-ledges technique better (in my opinion, in all honesty I'm just shit at Tomb Raider) and I haven't got a single gripe with it...yet. I'm not the best gamer, nor the biggest; I tend to only buy a handful of games, but this is one I'm VERY happy about buying, and the second I finish it, I am so buying number 2.

Been playing the first Sly Cooper game lately, the HD version. I had never played any of the series before, but I've really enjoyed it so far. Platforming is my favorite genre and this game is just really fun. I've also played Skyrim a lot more, trying to get my guy to a high enough level to fight most of what I've run into so far. I also downloaded Mass Effect 2 for $20, but I still haven't played it yet. My brother says it takes some time to get into, so I may put it off for a bit, but I'd at least like to beat it by the time the third game's released.

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Feature.jpg

I've literally been playing this game for an entire month today. I beat the main storyline and now I'm just doing odd quests and leveling up. I love this game so much for that very reason. The Main Storyline is just a small part of the whole game experience. Unless I get bored I will be playing this game for the next month it has that much depth and awesomeness to it. The next game Ill be playing is Oblivion which will give me another 2 months of awesome game play.

FIFA 12 i am just stuck on at the moment, mainly online but also a bit of Manager Mode.
WWE 12, speaks for itself, i love wrestling games, and im excited to play with all the new superstars and such, also im in love with the create a story mode and how in depth it can go!

and Dead Island is really good, it scares the crap out of me at times but i love it haha, basically any zombie game gets me pumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back