What game are you currently playing? Non spam edition

Very few games hold my attention these days. I am currently playing Uncharted 3 - I don't want to go into details to ruin it for others playing, but to ne it is a perfect 10. I thought it wouldn't top Uncharted 2 but Naughty Dog put out another quality game. Reminds me if watching an Indiana Jones movie. Storyline is very detailed and the graphics are very realistic.

I started Mass Effect 2, and though I've still only played it once, I've been very impressed. I can tell it's a game I will spend a lot of time with, and that the depth of leveling up, not to mentioned repeated playthroughs of different character classes and changes in the story will keep me occupied for some time. That said, I just got Arkham City today, and DAMN is it fun. I'm about a quarter of the way through, and being the completionist that I am it may take me some time to finish. The combat system is brilliant in how it seems so simple at first, but learning to manipulate its subtle nuances puts it ahead of most games I've played. I didn't play the first one, but I already love this one.

11047.jpg

I've been crawling through Dark Souls for the past couple of weeks. Anyone who has heard anything about this game knows that it is renowed for its difficulity, and rightfully so. There is a ton of dying going on here and it is unrelenting. This game doesn't care if it hurts your feelings, it relishes in making your feel like shit and is really the exact opposite of what alot of games have become. You rarely unlock trophies, you never feel very powerful, and you even have to use this stuff called "patience" to make anything of yourself in this game.

I'm really enjoying it, although I do find myself having to stop every couple of hours to go play something else because it can become very frustrating in the most irritating of ways. It's also very gloomy and depresing.

Play in small doses.

The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim (Level 10, gameplay hours 21)
Batman: Arkham City (Story mode progression 76%)
Saints Row: The Third (Just started)

At the moment im working on Dead Island on the PS3. Its ok, its getting a bit boring at the moment, seems like im running around doing the same old things. Technically i am, but hey lol.

Im also working on getting 100% on BF3, and 100% on GTA:IV ( i know its old but I've never gotten 100% on it lol) all on the ps3.

At the moment im working on Dead Island on the PS3. Its ok, its getting a bit boring at the moment, seems like im running around doing the same old things. Technically i am, but hey lol.

Im also working on getting 100% on BF3, and 100% on GTA:IV ( i know its old but I've never gotten 100% on it lol) all on the ps3.

Dead Island, eh? I just finished playing the game the second time through. It is a little redundant for sure, but you can't beat smashing zombies' heads in with a hammer, now can you?

Check out my thread and let me know what you think, and if you need any advice. What character are you playing through with?

blackops-small.jpg

*groan*

I'm currently in the process of trying to replay some of my older games before moving on to the new games that I own. Once I play through the older game, I'm going to either trade them in or sell them. That is the only reason why I am replaying Black-Ops as I didn't overly enjoy myself during the first go-around.

I remember thinking the campaign in Black Ops is the worst in the entire Call of Duty franchise, but I've decided go give it another chance because when I played it for the first time, there were a plenty of distractions going on while I was attempting to play. I'm only five missions in, and so far I'm sticking to my initial opinion of the story.

This playthrough, I'm playing on the veteran difficulty do get some additional trophies and it's becoming a frustrating chore with a few sections of the game that test your patients rather than your skill.

So far, Black Ops is still the worst game in the Call of Duty franchise, and I look forward to completing it so I can move on to something better.

So, that's it. All three Uncharted games are down and out. And I am so glad I got them. They're like a mix between Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider and Gears of War (lots of covering and firing). They're so beautifully crafted; the voicework is brilliant, the puzzles are simple yet enough to make you think, and the gameplay is slick and inventive (escaping a collapsing burning building, running through an overturned cruise ship, climbing up a train thats hanging over the edge of a cliff WHILST you have been shot in the chest, just to name a few examples). One thing I love is the central character; Nathan Drake. Apart from being a treasure hunter good at his job, he isn't that special a guy. He's reasonably athletic, but not overly so. When you control him running through a sinking ship, you get the sense that he is actually running for his life, as opposed to just running. You change direction quickly, he stumbles. You stop, it takes him a few steps to completely stop. And he has a hilarious yet very seriously driven character that you just can't help but like, mainly because as awesome as he is, he is flawed. If anything, he feels like your average guy, which I think is what helps the player relate to him so much.

My only issue with any of them is the plot in the third. I won't spoil anything, but the endng for me felt a bit sudden and flat, without any real confrontation (there is a confrontation, but it just isn't as good as I wanted it to be). This is only a small gripe, and other than that I cannot find anything seriously wrong with any of the games.

Uncharted has very, very quickly overtaken Gears and Mass Effect as being my favorite game series (though come Mass Effect 3, this might change.) The word epic has never more rightly suited a game series as it does with this. Just...yes.

Got WWE '12 for Christmas so I have been playing that pretty much non stop for the last few days. I have to say I really like it and so far am getting loads of enjoyment out of the game. More than I have from a wrestling game for a long time, as far as the main WWE annual releases go anyway (I think WWE Allstars is a fun game for what it is). WWE '12 has it's faults but the good far out ways the bad in my opinion. It looks like the start of a new exciting direction. Lots of improvements and noticable changes over previous games. Still has areas that need tweaking but overall I am loving the game. A lot of my positive reception could be down to the fact up until now I have still beenon the PS2 and this is my first taste of next generation WWE gaming. Aspects such as being able to add your own music to your created characters entrances blows my mind right now (it's the little things heh).

I enjoyed the Road To Wrestlemania and once I get all my created malarky sorted and everything else I can see myself enjoying the improved WWE Universe for months to come. Right now I have Raw and Smackdown as my main shows and Shotgun as a Superstars replacement. Create an arena is great and again it no doubt will improve and become a feature from now on in but I am happy to have the feature back even if it is limited right now, since I used to love the WWE Attitude game because of this ability.

Dead Island, eh? I just finished playing the game the second time through. It is a little redundant for sure, but you can't beat smashing zombies' heads in with a hammer, now can you?

Check out my thread and let me know what you think, and if you need any advice. What character are you playing through with?

Yea i love using the mod'ed sickle where you can electrocute the zombies haha.

Im playing as Sam B, because im more of a heavy hitter then anything else. Plus i like his background of being a one-hit wounder rapper lol.

'' Who do you voodoo b***h '' haha love that tune, very catchy :D
I've got to the church in the next town at the moment, well i just finished going through the sewers to get to the rich part of town lol.

I haven't tried co-op yet though, have you? is it worth me doing before i complete the game? or complete it single handed, then go for the co-op?

Anyways i will let you know what i think of the game overall, once i have finished it.

Cheers.

Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_cover.jpg

I started playing this monday night and ive barely been able to put it down since(i even considered skipping raw to keep playing). It's been a long time since a game has gotten me this hooked and given that i still have a week of college with nothing to do it couldn't have come at a better time.

What's great about the game is they kept everything that was good about the first game and improved on some of the weaker parts. For instance in the first game sneaking around undetected was ridiculously hard and id say i spent most(if not all) of my time detected by the enemy. In this game however there's more emphasis put on sneaking and there are lots of ways you can lure enemies away and lots of secret passages to get you though the levels without alerting enemies, you can still blast your way though if you want but your probably going to die more if you do. The only complaints i have is that the game is pretty linear and there could have been more side missions and also the boss battles are pretty shit(the two bosses i have faced i killed in about 2 minutes on medium difficulty) but it's still a really enjoyable and addictive game.
If your were a fan of the original deus ex then it's a must have in my opinion.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Best fighting game series ever made. Literally I quite honestly think its miles above Street Fighter 4 and I also don't think the new Street Fighter vs Tekken can live up to the amount of detail and graphic design and gameplay that UMVC3 has. Besides that I just recently beat Saints Row the Third which is the true succesor to GTA:San Andreas.

Battlefield 3, Mortal Kombat, And Homefront..What can I say? I've been an FPS fan since doom and the original Duke Nukem..I must say that I'm thoroughly involved in Battlefield 3 ATM, it's a near perfect blend of action and cinema worthy moments all the while just really fun, I mean c'mon, who doesn't enjoy strapping C-4 to the hood of a truck and then driving into a really annoying tank only to sit back and enjoy the fireworks? comedy gold.

I was playing Arkham City, but I beat it in like 3 days (and went I mean beat it i mean **not a spoiler** carried an unname villian outside arham** after that I was done, Im on saints row the third now and even my chick plays it...I know right but maybe thats because she like crashing cars and changing clothes at Leather and lace...

I may play B3 on single player mode and see if it is as good as BFBC

I only have my Nintendo DS still, and the only game I've been playing is the same game I've been playing since it came out, Pokemon Black version. Its like crack. I can't put it down.

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros. Wii for some good ol' platforming fun. I also just ordered Uncharted 3, which I can't wait to play. If it's anything like the previous game, and I assume it is, I think I'll love it. I played the multiplayer beta this past summer and is was great, so I know it has great replayability beyond just the campaign.

curently i am playing Assainsins Creed: Revelations. ino that soem say it is bascially the same game as the other ones but it isn't its compleatly different the gameplay the new bombs and hookblade which are epic and make it so much easier to play. and the ending is literally the greatest ending i have ever played it is ubeliveable adn teh best bit i liek is that is that once all the missions are done you can roam around and complete the side missions. overall a great game

Finally found time to make a start on Skyward Sword recently, really like what they've done with the combat, adds a layer of complexity and makes great use of the Wiimote. Not a fan of having to go through a long goddamn process just to go to shop or sort out my inventory (yes that's right a Zelda game with inventory management joy!!)

Currently I am playing Beyond Good and Evil, This is one of those titles that I have always intended to play but never got around to it. Well I saw it on steam for $10 and no longer had any excuse not to play it. So far it is fantastic, I completely understand why it got rave reviews, the controls are good, the story-line and voice acting are fantastic but the only issue is some of the camera angles are pretty annoying.

Verdict:
Overall game as played so far 9-10
Chance I will finish it 100%
Recommended, you can also get the HD version from PSN or Xbox Live Arcade

Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim.jpg

Lately I haven't a whole lot of time to sit down and enjoy video games, but any time that I am able to find, I've been putting into roaming Skyrim. I'm not sure how many hours I've devoted to this game, last time I looked it was 24, but I've barely even scratched the actual main story as I have just recently made my way to The Grey Beards. I suppose that that would be my only complaint, and I use that work very loosely.

The only big, open world game that I've played before Skyrim was Red Dead Redemption, which is still a completely different game, but they share a similar negative to someone who doesn't have much experience with this type of game, like myself. I get so distracted trying to see everything and complete as many things as possible, that despite the large amount of time I commit to the game, it feels like I've barely accomplished anything. Again, that's not entirely a bad thing to have, but it is something that I still need to get accustomed to because feeling like you aren't progressing can be slightly disgruntling.

Normally once I start a game, I'm committed to it until I complete the story, with Skyrim, I think I may eventually break it up with another game.

I just finished inFamous 2 this week, and it is GREAT. I loved the first, but this one's better in almost every way I can think of. The powers are more varied, as are the environments, enemies behave more intelligently, you're held more strictly to your morality, and Sucker Punch managed to make me truly feel like a superhuman badass. The only part worse than the first is that there are only really two bosses, both of whom you fight multiple times. Other than that, I can't really complain about anything. I beat it as good Cole, and have started an evil file. I've heard the endings are different enough that a sequel seems impossible, so I'd like to see for myself why that is.

uncharted-3-packshot-box-art-gold-starhawk-news.jpg

It has been about a month now that I have been playing Uncharted 3. I enjoyed the single player campaign but I don't think the story modes in any of the Uncharted games have as much replay value as other franchises (like Assassin's Creed or Batman), but I really like the multiplayer. This is the first game that I have really gotten into the online component and have invested more time into it than I am proud to admit, but it really is good stuff. I like that they decided to include split-screen because the co-op missions are a bitch to play on-line, but it would have been nice if they included a co-op element to the main campaign (like Gears of War).

Either way, it is still a great game and this franchise is pretty damn good.

This week I have been mostly playing

2058136-box_mgshdc_large.png

Namely Snake Eater which looks spectacular in full HD. Fantastic game, if they'd just updated the controls to run and gun as in MGS4 it would be perfect. I'm not far into it but as always, it's The End that I'm looking forward to.

This week I have been mostly playing

2058136-box_mgshdc_large.png

Namely Snake Eater which looks spectacular in full HD. Fantastic game, if they'd just updated the controls to run and gun as in MGS4 it would be perfect. I'm not far into it but as always, it's The End that I'm looking forward to.

TBH with you here that HD collection looks very tempting. I could seriously say if I was a fan who only beat them (MGS2,3) only once I would be very tempted to buy this HD collection.

Since let's face it those 2 are probably 2 best games out there on the market right now. Also I would really like to try to get my hands on Peace Walker sometime. I only heard good things about it.

But they won't be selling it separately on PS3 are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back