Would you welcome a Mr Kennedy return?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
just a quick thread would Mr Kennedy be welcomed back into the WWE Family or would he just get lost in shuffle of the amount Superstarstthe WWE have?

I think he would be welcomed back with open Arms because he hasnt been gone that long and alot of Fans who currently go to the Live events and Watch Wrestling know who he is, the only problem is that I doubt Orton wont allow it

I would love to see Mr.Kennedy to come back to the WWE. I was a big of Kennedy when he started out. He is entertaining to watch, he is a good wrestler. I would like to see him have a feud with Punk, Bryan, or Del Rio. If he comes back to the WWE, I hope they do not miss use him.

I was a HUUUGE Kennedy mark. Really supported him initially in TNA and loved him all the way up to his tweener period in early 2011 when all he wanted was his World Title back. Since then he's gone heel, tease face, resume heel, full face, heel, face... you get the picture. Needless to say I've lost interest. But he still has it on the mic, and has always been a solid, basic worker. It'd be cool if he came back, but I wouldn't expect any long awaited rise to the top. Top mid-carder with sporadic main events at best. Kind of like Ziggler.

First of all, it's Anderson. Mr. Anderson.

He's not all that great, just a decent upper midcard talent who will definitely get lost in the shuffle after awhile. If rumors are legit, then I doubt Orton has enough pull backstage considering what has transpired lately. So if Mr. Anderson does return to WWE, Orton will have to suck it up and be an adult about it instead of a diva.

I wouldn't care either way. His intro was kind of cool and that was about it. He was average in the ring and on the mic and he kept getting injured a lot before he could sustain any momentum. Wouldn't be a huge gain and it wasn't a huge loss when he was gone.

I would certainly "welcome" the idea.. provided he did something different, and didn't return doing the same old thing. I enjoy Anderson, but his act is growing quite stale..I think TNA knows it too, and thats why he does pretty much fuck all anymore.

No. why would we care about mr kennedy? He is dull and doesnt bring anything interesting to the table.

I wouldn't be against it, but I wouldn't mark out and jizz all over myself like some would.

In my opinion, Anderson/Kennedy is someone that's overrated. He's overall a solid wrestler, he's solid inside the ring and has great mic skills, but he's not some new standard by which all other wrestlers should be and will be measured. He's not nearly that good, not even close. If he was that good, then he'd have set TNA on a whole new level in terms of ratings and audience size. I could see Anderson/Kennedy being a mid-card/upper mid-card presence that makes occassional trips into the main event scene, but I don't see him as a full time main eventer. TNA's handling and booking of him as TNA WHC, in my eyes, has really damaged his effectiveness as a main event level player. Ironically, the weakest point of Andersons/Kennedy's entire caeer was during his two runs with the top title in TNA. Since then, he's never regained that lost momentum.

I don't look for Anderson/Kennedy to return to WWE. At various points over the past 3 years or so, he's pretty much raked WWE and damn near everybody that works there over the coals for one reason or another. Some of it is probably justified and some of it he probably pulled out of his ass. It'd certainly be no big loss if he never came back, however.

I'd love it personally, I'm not sure how he would fit into the current mix though. He's done well enough in TNA but I found it much easier to get behind the Kennedy character as opposed to Anderson, just wasn't as good. But he's a decent upper mid card talent who could dip into the main event from time to time, he could put on some great feuds with WWE talent so I say why the hell not? He's been up to absolutely nothing for the past several months in TNA and I don't see him wearing a title anytime soon there either, so yeah get his ass back to the WWE to make some waves.

I think he'd be welcomed back. I'd imagine Orton has the same influence in WWE that Roger Clinton had in the White House... does anybody have anything good to say about him anymore? He wouldn't be lost in the shuffle, either, he'd just take over for Miz. He's really just a better version of Mizanin anyway.

I wouldn't care either. I've missed almost everything he's done in TNA & haven't regretted it. He could come back, get rid of the Miz, and I could go on ignoring him.

It won't happen he is far to injury prone mainly due to the WWE travel schedule. This is one of those very rare cases it's a good thing TNA is still around because he is very talented on the mic and could be a SCSA type for them, but working 300+ days on the road is rough on anyones body, but with Ken it's too taxing hence all of his injuries. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and I think he has a ton of potential it's just think that in the WWE he is not a big picture type of guy for them...

I would love if he came back to WWE but considering he was fired for almost injuring Randy Orton I don't think that will happen. I don't think WWE would want him back anyways.

I really don't have personal feelings toward a potential Kennedy return, likely because it just seems so unlikely that it would happen.

I mean...he had his run in WWE, and it was nothing really noteworthy. I can't see WWE paying the price tag for him, nor do I see him taking less money when he could work on the independent circuit and likely make more money than taking a pay cut. There's not really a spot on the card for him, and he would ultimately job to up and coming talent on Superstars. See Chris Masters.

Just don't see it happening because it doesn't make any sense for either party.

I saw potential in Kennedy once ever: the night that he interrupted Regal's coronation and got in his face. That's it. Other than that, I have never seen him as anything special on the mic. He had a few great matches with Angle, but I'm not going to buy that as being on Kennedy's merits because everyone has good matches with Angle. He's just not that interesting a guy and his matches are just ok. If he came back I would think he'd do something interesting once and then he'd go back to being just ok in the midcard for years. You know, what he did the first time.

I liked Mr. Kennedy when he was in WWE although I lost interest when he kept getting injured. I thought his best promo was after Mr. McMahon's "death" when he came out and talked about Mr. McMahon being a father figure and how too many superstars have things just handed to them, etc. etc. He had a chance to really make it big with the Mr. McMahon illegitimate son storyline and he effed it up. That said, I think the Miz is a way better version of Mr. Kennedy. They have a similar physique and an obnoxious loudmouth gimmick but Miz is better in the ring and a harder worker. So, well, I'd kinda like to see Kennedy come back, I don't think we need his character since we have the Miz.

I'm not really sure how I'd feel about it honestly. He likely would not be booked well and I doubt they would welcome him back with open arms. Kennedy messed up big time when he could have gotten the push of a lifetime with the Vince's limo explosion and being his kayfabe'd son. This of course also resulted in Edge receiving Kennedy's MITB push. Then there's Kennedy causing the real life injury to Cena during his year long title reign, Orton may have gotten the kayfabe'd cause onscreen with that RKO through the announcer's table, but Kennedy caused the legit injury that made Cena relinquish the title. So with his suspension/injury issues, I don't see things going well if he comes back.

Oh, but wait, there's more!

Mr Kennedy (as Mr Anderson) is a 2 time TNA World Champion already. Horrible booking or not, he won his first world title elsewhere and we all know how Vince feels about that. I am neutral toward a Mr Kennedy return when it all comes down to it. He doesn't get booked all that great in TNA and while a change of scenery might do him some good, I doubt he will do more than jobbing to everyone once his initial small push upon returning ends. Not to mention that his "I'm an asshole!" personality wouldn't fit in well with the whole "Be a star" anti-bullying thing. He'd get fed to Ryback and then do nothing relevant, he's better off staying in TNA.

First of all, it's Anderson. Mr. Anderson.

And he's from "GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN," apparently.

I was a big fan of the former Mr. Kennedy during his time in WWE, people basically saw this guy as the big thing on WWE television. Sadly for him however, he was shit out of luck and injuries prevented him from succeeding the expectations of many - back around this time there was a new report a week detailing how over he was with officials and Vince and what not - he had several victories over upper midcard stars, he'd a United States title reign, won Money in The Bank, handpicked to star in a WWE studios film, but injuries kept hitting him.

And then when people finally thought he was back and they were pushing him towards the WWE Championship, Randy Orton barricaded him and sooner rather than later, Mr. Kennedy was no-more.

I prefer him as Mr. Anderson, personally. His microphone work is entertaining, for those that viewed his first few months on Impact the dude was metaphorically on fire. Crowds just couldn't boo him anymore, he was too damn good, and then again what happened? Injuries piled up. He himself won't admit to being injury prone but alas he is.

I think IW benefits more from him than WWE will if he were to one day return. Sure It'd be a bigger stage, but TNA gave him the opportunity to really work how he wanted. Sadly his momentum dwindled and now he is lucky to win successive matches, plus them constantly switching his alignment is annoying, but I still like him. Hell of a lot more entertaining than a majority of either companies main roster, but he also isn't in the greatest of shape and isn't exactly a perfectionist in the ring.

I kinda like him where he is now. I liked him a lot in WWE, but the injuries kept piling up for him. He could never sustain a push because of them. Then he finally comes back and the stuff with Orton happened. I don't think he would be welcomed back by the WWE. He was doing well in IW, and then the injuries started again. If he can stay healthy, I like an above poster think IW benefits from him more than WWE would, and I think he fits in well where he is.

Nope. I only loved his finisher, but then they banned it, so I didn't care. He's alright on the mic, sub par in the ring. Nothing special. He'd probably just piss off another wrestler and either get buried or fired again. It's his cocky attitude that would do him in again.

I would like to see it but I doubt it will happen. I'm pretty sure that both Cena and Orton don't like him so he most likely won't be back.

Hell yeah, I've always been a big fan of the dude. Him back in the WWE would be a good move, he plays a good character and would fit in well around that upper-midcard spot. Would be cool to see feuds against the likes of Christian, Miz, Bryan, Ziggler etc. It seems like his injury problems that plagued his time in WWE are behind him for now at least, he's still great on the mic and can put on good matches. He might still have some heat with Orton, but Orton himself has his own heat so I doubt he has as much pull as a couple years ago. So yeah, I'd definitely welcome a Mr. Kennedy return. Guess it all depends on how long his TNA contract goes for, the lawsuit between the companies, and whether or not Ken even wants to go back.

Personally, I would like to see him return, because to me he does enough to stand out, even if it's just calling his fans "assholes".

However, he's carved out a nice niche over at TNA. Midcard, yes, but like most TNA guys he gets the occasional main-event, which is a lot more than he would get at WWE.

So I think it would be better to stay at TNA for Mr. Anderson ...Anderson

I don't know why, but I have NEVER been a big fan of Kennedy/Anderson.

I thought it was a huge mistake for TNA to put the title on him like they did and then rip it off of him. It actually slowed any push he could have there. And, of course, he has missed time with injury over there as well.

The guy simply cannot stay healthy. I have never thought he was that good in the ring, though I know some like him. I do agree that he has some charisma and his mic work is good, so he could always change my mind about him, but for now ... I could care less if I ever see him in a WWE ring again.

WWE are short on stars and whether people like him or not, Mr. Kennedy/Anderson is a star. I always thought WWE missed the opportunity to make him a big star but TNA have screwed up with that too. I would welcome a WWE return for Mr. Kennedy just out of sheer curiousity to see if they would use him this time around[doubting it]. As for the injury issue, that's BS. Randy Orton has either been out because of injury or wellness violations just as much, if not more. That's not really a valid excuse for how WWE failed to push him correctly. Fans were singing along with his catchphrases like they once did[and occasionally still do] with The Rock. That's a sign that someone has major star potential.

Ken Anderson sucks. People liked him because he fit the bill of a new breakout star when he debuted. This was confirmed by WWE when he won the MITB briefcase, yet failed to cash in because of injuries. I know there are fans who say that those injuries were simply bad luck, but it's been years since "Mr. Kennedy" broke onto the scene and he has failed to be the main event star some fans swore he would become.

He's been TNA world champion twice, obviously the management in TNA sees more in him than WWE does. Maybe the lighter schedule is better for Kennedy, someone who's prone to injuries. When you see how well Aries and Roode have broken into the main event in TNA (and improved the quality of the show) it really highlights anderson's shortcomings. There's no place for him in WWE. Santino's funnier, Christian's a better veteran, Cena and Punk are bigger stars. Anderson's time has come and gone, I hope he knows it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back