WWE Money In The Bank - Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE's confirmed, as of now, that there'll be two ladder matches at this year's MITB ppv, one for the men and one for the women. It's always possible they could add a third one, as some were speculating as MITB posters showed three briefcases, but, as of now, there's only two.

For the men's match, it'll be comprised of eight wrestlers with four coming from Raw and four coming from SmackDown. As of last night, Braun Strowman and Finn Balor are two of the four Raw guys who've qualified for the match; tonight's episode of SmackDown Live will see the Miz or Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan or Rusev as the first two men for the blue brand.

I expect Jeff Hardy to wind up in the match because...well he's as memorable for his big ladder spots as he is for anything else in his career. Besides, I just don't the men's MITB ladder match not having at least one of the mid-card champions. As for Bryan vs. Rusev, the match is Bryan's for the taking but don't be at all surprised if Bryan loses due to outside interference from Big Cass.

While this is pure 100% speculation on my part, I'm thinking that at least one of the final spots for the will be determined by some sort of second chance match in which those who've failed to qualify earn another opportunity. Brock Lesnar isn't listed to be part of MITB and since WWE appears to be going on with Lesnar and Reigns, don't be surprised if Reigns gets in this match and winds up winning it.

It seems Reigns and Lesnar are destined for another dance, but Roman doesn’t need the magic suitcase to get there. He’s got the my feet touched the floor first card.

I see Braun winning and coming out on Raw the next night, and handing the briefcase straight to Angle and make the match at SummerSlam against Brock. He goes the RVD/Cena route and says he wants Brock fresh.

Reigns inserts himself due to his foot clause and there’s your SummerSlam main event. Strowman should ultimately go over pinning Brock, but I could see Roman or Braun easily pinning one another.

Lesnar’s days seem numbered, so logic would dictate that he eat a pin for Reigns or Strowman, the two guys who for worse or better are carrying Raw forward through 2018.

The trend of giving the briefcase to a young guy not ready for it needs to stop. Braun is ready. They need to pull the trigger while he’s hot.

Who other than Braun or Roman? Someone on the bubble like Miz or Joe would be excellent. Particularly Miz who has shown in and out the ring that he deserves to be at the top. Yes he’s done it before, but the parallels are excellent. Both those guys are heels on SDL though, and that brand not only had the briefcase last year, it also needs to give Shinsuke his due.

As far as the women go, they really need to get Asuka her momentum back. They completely torpedoed it. Someone hanging in the back ground like Becky would be interesting. Ruby isn’t ready yet, her character should develop more.

They can’t have a character named Banks and not make her Ms Money in the Bank can they? It’s a tried and tested heel turn tool, and Raw needs a fresh heel at the top given Bliss needs some time out to refresh and Rousey is a massive face that is going to need killer heels.

I’d prefer to see Bryan in the match but I fear he and Big Cass aren’t done, though they should be. Bryan kept his momentum and Cass kept his heat.

It's incredibly early but my guess is that the Miz wins the match and uses it to get back to the "main event" of WM. He's not the guy you want carrying the company but he is a guy who can help carry interest. Him holding the case until Mania could be interesting, far more interesting than anyone else I can think of carrying it (maybe Owens).

George Steele's Barber said:
It's incredibly early but my guess is that the Miz wins the match and uses it to get back to the "main event" of WM. He's not the guy you want carrying the company but he is a guy who can help carry interest. Him holding the case until Mania could be interesting, far more interesting than anyone else I can think of carrying it (maybe Owens).

The promos alone would make it worthwhile.

Rusev, Miz, Braun, Balor
Add Cesaro, Elias, Jason Jordan/Chad Gable and Randy Orton

Could be a really good match, and go to some feuds:
-Jason Jordan gets attacked by Chad Gable (or Chad gets knocked by Jason), and we get Father vs Son for SummerSlam
-Build tension between TheBar, as Sheamus is retiring soon (rumor)
-Maybe Sanity vs Orton or Cien vs Orton?
-Rusev is the 4th pick, only he is gonna win if he is a full babyface
-Balor, the 3rd, if Braun gets attacked by Lashley (worty feud)
-Braun, the obvious pick, resurrect the Big Show Ladder and have him cash in Cena style
-Miz: He gets the MITB, wind the championship on AJ Styles, and Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, leading them to their big match at WM. But I don’t know if WWE trust Bryan’s health

-Miz: He gets the MITB, wind the championship on AJ Styles, and Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, leading them to their big match at WM. But I don’t know if WWE trust Bryan’s health

If WWE was worried about Bryan's health THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER CLEARED HIM TO RETURN TO THE RING! Plain and simple.
as for who wins there are 3 very possible choices
The obvious..Braun
The Fans want...Finn and
The Dark Horse..Miz leading to just what Ceen alluded to in his post.

In my opinion, Braun doesn't need the briefcase to be credible. I think that The Miz should win. I am not fan, but right now he is the only one who could carry the briefcase till WM. Miz vs. Bryan at WM 35 would be AWESOME!

legacymember said:
In my opinion, Braun doesn't need the briefcase to be credible. I think that The Miz should win. I am not fan, but right now he is the only one who could carry the briefcase till WM. Miz vs. Bryan at WM 35 would be AWESOME!

He really doesn't. The crowd is eating him up w/ a spoon and a good few want the title on him.

I could see Miz now that would be cool, even though Smackdown won it last year. Joe does not need it he is next in line for the title. Daniel is big enough to get it whenever they push him for it. Miz is big enough don't get me wrong but this is the perfect way to push him. On Raw Braun does not need the brief case he will get a title shot again.

The way i look at it, WWE will want one briefcase on Raw and one briefcase on smackdown. So since i don't any scenario where it makes sense to have the women's briefcase being won by somebody on Smackdown i guess the men's briefcase is going to smackdown this year.

So with that said, this takes 4 participants off the possible winners list. (strowman,Roode,Balor,Owens)

So out of the 4 remaining possibility, i'm kinda incline to pick Miz on this one. Simply put, he the one that makes more sense out of the four smackdown guys. Rusev is mostly there because of his popularity but isn't over to the point of them scrapping the whole rusev day tag team in favor of a single run of him. The new day, whoever is put in that match is just there to fill a spot and While i do love Joe, i fell like in there eyes, he's just a good hand that can make anybody look good and because of his age and injuries he they won't push in the title picture. So this leave Miz.

Miz makes more senses because he became such a great heel the last few years and you could play his win into is feud with Bryan, plus he deserve to get another chance with the title after all he did for them over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back