WWE Region, Third Round, Sadistic Madness Match: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (8) Curt Hennig

Who Wins This Match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Curt Hennig

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WWE Region. It is a Sadistic Madness match. It will be held at Madison Square Garden, New York, New York.

madison_square_garden_150035.jpg

Rules: The match is won by pinfall, but the opponent must be bleeding before a pin can be attempted.

233315-hulk_hogan___ripping_shirt_as_champ___copy_large.jpg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

imagesCALD4CUA_display_image.jpg

#8. Curt Hennig

This match takes place one week after round 2.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This has to be seen as the standard Hulkamania match with blood thrown in for good measure. Hennig will have Hulk bleeding from early on and will amount much punishment resulting in nearfall after nearfall until he attempts the Perfectplex at which stage Hogan will Hulk up, take the brass knucks that Curt had used to bleed him in the first place, bust him open, big boot, legdrop, 1-2-3...

[YOUTUBE]u2OR6Kjo5m4[/YOUTUBE]​

Yeah, Hogan all day here. I love Curt but this is a bad draw for him, he faced Hogan many times and always, always lost. It was definitely one of the better Hogan house show series of matches though quality wise, so points to Curt. He just doesn't stand a chance here though, even with his impressive resume. Hogan has a really good shot at winning the tournament this year it seems and while I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far myself, he definitely deserves to advance here over a perennial midcarder like Mr. Perfect. The sadistic madness gimmick shouldn't play too much of a role either, it neither suits nor hinders either guy really.

I can't remember ever seeing Hennig bleed. The only times I ever saw Hogan bleed in the WWE was during his second run in the early 2000s. Its an interesting stipulation for sure. I still have to take Hogan here though. Hennig was another victim of the glass ceiling Hogan created when he was on top and he goes over here.

Hogan all day. They faced off in their primes and Hogan always won.

This would probably be a solid match, though. Hogan would bleed first, that's a given. Perfect wouldn't be able to pick up a pin though and eventually will don the crimson mask himself and eat a Leg Drop.

Vote Hogan.

As much as I have fought for Hennig, he has a shit record against Hogan. I cant discount a RL losing record no matter if I prefer Perfect to Hogan or not. That is the cold hard truth. Hogan will always have his number. I love Perfect but he wont pass Hogan here.

Hulkster walks away with a win.

I can't remember ever seeing Hennig bleed. The only times I ever saw Hogan bleed in the WWE was during his second run in the early 2000s. Its an interesting stipulation for sure. I still have to take Hogan here though. Hennig was another victim of the glass ceiling Hogan created when he was on top and he goes over here.

I remember him bleeding against Bundy in the Steel Cage.

Love Mr. Perfect, but Hogan realistically takes it, as much as that grinds my gears. I like Hogan the wrestler but I like Henning a lot more. I've only ever seen a single meeting between these two and I'm sure Hogan took the victory, think it was on Vintage Collection. Who bleeds first and whatnot is insignificant, Hogan picks up the victory, moves on to the next round.

I love Mr. Perfect as much as anybody here does. But their is no way that Perfect would beat Hogan. Hogan would never lose to any heel in his prime, if he did lose then the heel beat him dirty. Hogan takes this in a good match.

My vote:Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan wins this, no doubt. I like Curt Hennig, to a degree, but I hate the general ass-kissing he gets on here, so I'm more than happy to finally have an opportunity to oust him here. Hennig's facing the greatest professional wrestler of all time, what Hogan did in the pro wrestling industry is unmatched; I don't see any scenario in which Hogan can lose to Hennig. Don't get me wrong, Hennig had a few good years (his peak was about 3 years), but does that come close to what Hulk Hogan was? No way. Hulkamania was HUGE, it carried the industry into a level of new-found success, the likes of which it had never tasted before. Not to mention, Hogan's kayfabe accomplishments trump everything Hennig ever achieved too. Hogan was a 12-time world champion and Hennig had one world championship, which he held in the AWA -- which was a shadow of its former self at the time, closing down about 4 years later.

Never once would I consider Hennig taking this match. A glorified midcarder (which Hennig was) doesn't deserve to go over the greatest ever. Hennig was a good in-ring worker, but he simply just doesn't cut it with that upper echelon of performers. Hennig was a good Intercontinental Champion and a solid hand in the midcard -- he was good at what he did -- but he's facing Hogan. He's facing THE MAN. At this stage in the tournament, we have to weed out those guys that probably shouldn't stick around and truly leave those who deserve to be in it. Hennig's luck has finally run out.

Hogan wins this and rather easily at that. Hennig was a damn good wrestler and always put on a show, but throughout his entire career, he was a mid carder. Add in the fact that Hogan beat Hennig every time they faced off in their primes and you cannot vote against Hogan here. As good as Hennig was in the ring, he's going up against the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots. He's going up against Hulk fucking Hogan and he really does not stand a chance.

This is probably the easiest one of the round. Hennig shouldn't have made it this far and now he draws a guy that he couldn't beat anyways. Remember that time they were supposed to have a feud and no one cared? That's because Hogan is much bigger and better than Hennig. Easy decision here as Hogan moves on.

Damn. Two of my top 3 favorite wrestlers ever. Sadly for Curt, this is just about the worst match up for him in the tournament. He never beat Hogan, nor did he come particularly close. Hogan just outmatches Hennig in every conceivable way except for non-kayfabe workrate.

Vote Hogan. But Respect for Hennig.

Hogan would probably start bleeding first, but he would win. No matter what the stipulation here was, he would win. Mr. Perfect was great, but Hogan made his threat look like any old ten a penny heel.

Hogan bleeds first, no question.

Still, Hogan wins. Hennig can't pin Hogan. He couldn't in his prime, so I see no reason to believe he could in a tournament like this. As someone pointed out earlier, I'm not sure I ever saw Hennig bleed, in his WWF days. That means nothing. Hogan can bust him open, and to say he can't is almost as bad as saying he can't climb a ladder any faster than someone like Andre.

Hogan wins in about thirteen minutes. Good match.

While Mr. Perfect was, in my eyes, infinitely more entertaining & gifted than Hogan ever dreamed of, there's no viable or justifiable reason to vote for Perfect here. We saw these two go at it numerous times in the early 90s and Hennig always came up short. It'll be no different here.

While Hennig is one of the greatest to have never been WWE Champion, the fact remains that he never was WWE Champion and he's going up against someone that he consistently failed time and time again to beat in numerous title matches in the peak of his career. The end result will be Hennig managing to bloody Hogan while working him over. Hogan will eventually Hulk up, Hennig will be cut open and he'll eat at leg drop. Hogan wins at the 15 minute mark.

Its impossible for Hogan to lose this match. The only time Perfect beat Hogan was by DQ and this isn't a match he can win that way.

I recall many different matches between Perfect and Hogan and Hogan was always the one to go over and in their primes no less. As much as I love Perfect, and I love him a lot more than I ever did Hogan I just don't see him winning this match in any way, shape or form.

I see him even making Hogan bleed first but then he will hit the Perfectplex, Hogan kicks out at 2, Hulks up, with the 3 fists and boot he busts open Perfect and finishes him off with the leg drop 1,2,3 this match is over.

Like others have said Hogan will bleed first but this is not a first blood match. Hennig can get the early advantage to allow Hogan to fight back from behind like he usually does. Hogan will bleed for much of the match but Hennig won't get a pin. At the end Hogan will bust Hennig open and within thirty seconds of that a big boot and leg drop will finish him off.

Hogan would win this.

No chance in a million years would Perfect/Hennig beat The Hulkster but I could see Hogan being the first one to bleed, in order to get the crowd into the match and get them behind him as his kicked out of the Perfect-Plex.

Then, its all about the comeback, busting Hennig open and finishing him off with the leg drop, in a standard Hogan victory.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Kayfabe, Hogan would bleed first, to make it at least partially dramatic, but in the end, there is little doubt in my mind that Hogan would come out on top. I hate to see Mr. Perfect's tournament run end, but that's the luck of the draw. Hogan takes this.

Hogan bleeds early.Perfect tries everything to get him out.But finally hogan hulks up,punches henning so hard he bleeds like hell.Hits a bodyslam,then the leg drop.Wins the match at 15 min mark.Easy match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back