Championship Region, Fifth Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (11) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steve Austin

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fifth round match in the Championship Region. It is a standard one on one match, held at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

levis-stadium.jpg

Rules: This is the first round of a three round, one night tournament. Damage taken will carry over to the next round and will be based on the margin and score. For example, if the match is 40-39, it was a back and forth war. If the score was 59-2, it was a squash.

SHOP.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

brock_lesnar2.jpg

#11. Brock Lesnar

Polls will be open for six days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I don't see anyway Brock Lesnar doesn't win this. Steve Austin, even in his prime, had an incredibly weak neck...how is that neck going to fare when a 300 pound behemoth is suplexing him 16 times in a match? Throw in the fact that it's a well known fact Steve Austin was terrified of wrestling Lesnar, to the point where Austin literally ran away from a show, and there's really no arguing Brock Lesnar will win this.

Brock Lesnar moves on and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a squash over the 3 time WZ Tournament winner.

If there is anything you can learn from watching Steve Austin in the ring is that you do not want to make any sort of mistakes in the ring against him. The slightest error will result in a Stone Cold Stunner right on the chin. And let's face it, Lesnar is the worst decision maker of all time. Look at that penis tattoo on his chest, look at his MMA career. I'd be surprised if Cock Chestner's glass chin and phallic body art can even survive 10 minutes in the ring with Steve Austin.

I think Sly hit most of the major points here. You have a guy that hit his prime, and was cut short by a legit neck injury, and he's up against a guy that drops people routinely on their head. Brock Lesnar no sells finishers in a way that Hulk Hogan would be jealous of. This isn't an Extreme Rules match, this is straight up one on one, and Lesnar steamrolls Austin.

Brock Lesnar is probably going to walk to the title this year. Austin ran away from Bork, Bork is the kind of guy who would destroy Austin, and it sets up Brock as an even bigger threat going forward in this tournament from a storytelling standpoint by killing arguably wrestling's biggest star.

The only thing here is that Austin was very resilient. It took him 3 Rock Bottoms to retire, but Brock is someone who won't stop till he breaks you. With the sort of neck history Austin has, and the whole Suplex City schtick Brock has going, I think Brock beats the man.

Wow, he actually might win this.

The only thing here is that Austin was very resilient.

Not disagreeing with you but dude, who is more resilient than John Cena? Fuck that, who was more resilient at Wrestlemania than Undertaker? Lesnar made them both look like children.

Lesnar, in his current form, looks unbeatable. The only reason I'd give Austin a shot is that I believe he'd be more likely to actually murder Brock to get the job done, unlike Cena or Taker.

Still, I'd bet on Lesnar being the only one to walk away.

I don't see anyway Brock Lesnar doesn't win this. Steve Austin, even in his prime, had an incredibly weak neck...how is that neck going to fare when a 300 pound behemoth is suplexing him 16 times in a match?

This is a very good point. Lesnar would undoubtably target Austin's weak neck and German Suplex him over and over again until Austin was too hurt to continue. He's one tough S.O.B and would certainly keep kicking out at 2, but eventually the sheer number of F5's, suplexes and slams would be too much, even for the Texas Rattlesnake.

I know Chris Benoit once hit Austin with 10 Germans in a match, and Stone Cold went on to win, but if Benoit could do 10, then Lesnar could do 20...or 30. He's probably smash Austin with an F5 as soon as the match starts too!

Both men are former KOTR winners so stamina wouldn't be a factor in this match, and with Lesnar being so dominant it wouldn't go a long time anyway.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Not disagreeing with you but dude, who is more resilient than John Cena? Fuck that, who was more resilient at Wrestlemania than Undertaker? Lesnar made them both look like children.

Lesnar, in his current form, looks unbeatable. The only reason I'd give Austin a shot is that I believe he'd be more likely to actually murder Brock to get the job done, unlike Cena or Taker.

Still, I'd bet on Lesnar being the only one to walk away.

I know what you mean, Brock looks unbeatable.

While Austin is clearly the superior talent, Brock wins this match (unfortunately).

I see no difference between this match and Brock vs. Rock from 2002. Obviously Austin would avenge this loss at some point, but in the first match between the two? Brock wins. If this were the final, maybe I would go with Austin. But it isn't, so I won't (again, unfortunately).

I'd like to see both lose. Neither is very interesting to disulcuss in this tournament. Austin has had too much success already in this tournament and Brock's career is just a big jumbled mess that only seems relevant because he had a good year. Or did he? He beat Big Show, he beat a 70 year old dead guy, and then he beat Cena multiple times. Plus let's not forget that he lost his only match in this particular stadium.

Vote Austin because as much as people are obsessed with Brock's dominance right now Austin had his time too.

While I agree Austin is tough & resilient, so were many others who have faced Lesnar and lost. The one good trick Austin has always pulled out of his hat was that well timed Stunner to end it all when the chips were down for him. That is just not a factor here. Brock gives no fucks about the Stunner.

Only advantage that could help Steve here would for it to be some sort of No-DQ or something where he could trash the place trying to take Lesnar out. Problem with that is it gives Brock open license to do the same. Lesnar is dangerous enough without weapons\tables, etc at his disposal, so the same thing that would help Austin would end up fucking him over big time when Heyman's beast starts to hulk out without threat of being disqualified.

All that matters not due to it being a standard match here. All signs point to Lesnar on this one. Austin has the accolades and overall career importance going for him, but since Brock has came back to wrestling the guy has added some impressive shit to his list & made a few of the top guys look like rag dolls. If this was Austin vs Lesnar pre-UFC, then Austin may have had a chance. Since his return Brock has done the unthinkable. Treated Cena like he was a little bitch & sullied the legendary WM streak of The Undertaker. Like it or not, its in the books & is pretty impressive.

This should be WAY closer than it is.

Austin has dealt with and defeated Kurt Angle, the best suplexer of his generation. Lesnar can throw a mean suplex, but Austin has been there and survived before. Something people forget is that while Austin may be a brawler, he's also a very, very smart man. Lesnar is a case where if you survive the initial swarm and get in a few good shots, which Austin has, you can stagger him. The key to Lesnar is staying on him. If Austin can get in a good shot to stagger him, perhaps say with a Stun Gun and stay on him, he could take some of the edge off of Lesnar.

I'm not saying Austin wins, but I'm saying this isn't as one sided as it looks.

One of the main factors putting Austin at a huge disadvantage is that he's a brawler. If you're going to try and brawl with a former UFC World Heavyweight Champion, especially one called Brock Lesnar, you're going to have problems. Although, Austin was indeed difficult to beat so it wouldn't be as easy for Brock as some are making it out to be, but I'd still give this one to Brock.

Whilst I also picked Brock to win this, I am surprised that it is so one-sided thus far. We saw John Cena take Brock Lesnar to the limit at NoC, and even Roman Reigns, for all the punishment he took, still bloodied Lesnar and had a shout at coming out of Mania with the title.

Austin does have loads of resilience as seen many a time, and that image of Austin refusing to give up vs Bret Hart at Mania 13 is testament to that. I can see Austin taking a long visit to Suplex City, but I don't think he'd quite become Brock Lesnar's bitch at all, before ultimately succumbing to a 5th F5 after taking over 20 Germans alongwith a few other select Suplex variations...

The major points have been nailed so far for this match. Lesnar is on an incredible roll right now. If Brock wasn't displaying his current dominance, I think the votes would be closer. However, I still think Brock would win the match, regardless of his run the last couple years.

Lesnar is an absolute suplex machine, and as everyone knows, Austin has an incredibly weak neck. Austin has shown resiliency at times in big matches, but I can't see him kicking out of multiple F5's, especially after taking a number of different suplexes. On top of that, everyone knows about Austin's "taking his ball and going home" situation. While he felt it didn't make business sense, Austin's time at the top was dwindling due to injuries. To this day, Austin admits his decision was stupid, and there's a reason Vince wanted Brock to go over. Lesnar is a beast, he steamrolled RVD to be King of the Ring 2002, and he beat the Rock at Summerslam in easy fashion. Lesnar is also unique due to his UFC crossover - the guy is a kayfabe and legit badass.

Perhaps if this was a gimmick match, I'd give Austin more of a chance to win, due to being able to use weapons. However, it's not, and Austin would be a hurting unit by the time the ref counts to 3 in favor of Brock.

Lesnar to advance

I don't see anyway Brock Lesnar doesn't win this. Steve Austin, even in his prime, had an incredibly weak neck...how is that neck going to fare when a 300 pound behemoth is suplexing him 16 times in a match? Throw in the fact that it's a well known fact Steve Austin was terrified of wrestling Lesnar, to the point where Austin literally ran away from a show, and there's really no arguing Brock Lesnar will win this.

Brock Lesnar moves on and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a squash over the 3 time WZ Tournament winner.

I wish I had read this before I voted. I would have voted Austin to win just based on this.

Austin never had a problem fighting Lesnar. He just didn't want it to be a meaningless match like they'd proposed because he didn't feel that would do anything for either Lesnar or himself.

He was right too. He was a major name. The face of the business basically. Beating him should be a big deal, and should happen on PPV, not free TV. At the very least, it should be hyped and promoted ahead of time so you can get more people watching him get beat. It was just dumb, WCW style booking that had McMahon wanting to give that match away on RAW without buildup. But considering the two were having issues at the time, I'm sure Vince was well aware of what he was doing, and that he was potentially running of Austin. At the time, that didn't matter to Vince anymore.

I voted Lesnar to win because honestly... he's a more interesting choice to go forward. If this match ever actually happened, Lesnar would give Austin an ass kicking, but no matter how hard he kept hitting Austin, Stone Cold would keep coming back for more. He wouldn't be able to keep him down, and we'd see the infamous bad reaction Lesnar has to getting hit hard himself.

In the end, Lesnar would be booked to win I think, but it wouldn't be by pinfall or submission. It'd be the same finish as Austin/Hart at Wrestlemania. Austin would pass out to the pain, walk away looking strong, and Lesnar would walk away moving on to the next level.

Brock Lesnar made his debut as a big deal. Austin had to fight for his spot on the card. Brock took out guys like Taker, Rock, Hogan, a prime Big Show- people that were either considered above Austin or the ones he struggled against. And this was barely within a year. Lesnar may not have the gift of gab like Stone Cold possesses, but that really amounts to nothing once you get the two inside the ring together. Brock's not dumb- he will go after that neck. He has enough moves in his arsenal to incapacitate Austin. Real fight or not, The Texas Rattlesnake gets Brockblocked like so many others before him.

It will be a bloodbath. It won't be an easy win. But it should be a win nonetheless.

And let's face it, Lesnar is the worst decision maker of all time. Look at that penis tattoo on his chest, look at his MMA career.

Imagine if he was a great decision maker, I guess he'd be able to negotiate his way to the most lucrative per-appearance contract in wrestling today. Oh, wait...

And he was the UFC Heavyweight Champion. How is his MMA career an example of his bad decision making?

Do you want to get into Austin's bad decisions over the years?

Imagine if he was a great decision maker, I guess he'd be able to negotiate his way to the most lucrative per-appearance contract in wrestling today. Oh, wait...

And he was the UFC Heavyweight Champion. How is his MMA career an example of his bad decision making?

Do you want to get into Austin's bad decisions over the years?

Does Austin have a chin made of glass or a penis tattooed on his chest? In regards to shitty tattoo decision making, Austin is the best in the game. Lesnar... will he has a giant cock on his chest.

Does Austin have a chin made of glass or a penis tattooed on his chest? In regards to shitty tattoo decision making, Austin is the best in the game. Lesnar... will he has a giant cock on his chest.

If he had a chin made of glass he wouldn't have survived a first round onslaught by Shane Carwin and then choke him out in the second. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I voted Austin just because the votes should be closer, bear in mind this motherfucker steamrolled everyone during his great years at the top as well, most matches were generally him beating the shit out of people for large portions before dropping a stunner. Brock isn't the wrong choice though, over the last year he's been a monster, but Cena had him beat, Reigns nearly had him beat, and Stone Cold, well, is Stone Cold. Better than the Rock, better than Cena, better than the Undertaker.

Unfortunately for Austin, this one is pretty academic.

Lesnar beat every major star in the WWE during his first run and was all set to go over Austin until; well we won't go there. During his current run, Lesnar has dominated every major star in the WWE. Also, Austin's weaknesses have already been touched upon. Have to vote Lesnar here.

Wow, Lesnar might actually come out on top this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back