General Discussion Thread *video games tourney*

If you can say there's a bad thing about a game, then how can you back it to be the greatest game ever? That's why I'm not backing OoT, whilst I absolutely looooove it, there are many flaws and thus I can't back it.

Well yeah OoT has flaws, but so does every game ever created. I mean, there's no such thing as a flawless game. But between the storyline and characters, the fighting system, the puzzles, the enemies etc... I think OoT is the closest game to flawless ever. That's why I'm backing it along with KotOR.

Also Lee, is Fahrenheit inthe tourney?

No Farenheit is not, you should have recommended it as your wild pick, you had plenty of opportunities.

Already I'm shocked as to some of the games that are in and some that failed to get in. I will be posting up the rules tomorrow after work where I will show you how I got the seedings for the games in the tourney.

EDIT: Mod note, this is NOT a spam zone, please list WHY you are backing a game.

I will be definately be voting for Final Fantasy X in this tournament. It is prolly my favourite game of all time and I hope that it does well.

I too was surprised at some of the games that necer got in. I was not really interested in the game tourney until a little while ago so I never got the chance to put some forward. The best illustration is Fallout 3. I cannot believe that it never got in. It is sucha good game and fully deserved to be here. Oh well. I will be backing Oblivion anyway.

I will probably vote for all of the FF games but FFX will take priority. I think FFVII already has thing sewn up.

Super excited for this tourny!

I haven't decide who gets the Merkley endorsement yet though.

There are alot of contenders.

Quick question, am I wrong for not voting if I am not firmilular with 2 competing games?

How do others vote when they:
a) are faced with 2 games they don't know.
b) are faced with 2 games, one they know well, one they don't know at all?

Quick question, am I wrong for not voting if I am not firmilular with 2 competing games?

Answer: If you dont know the games you dont have to vote, If you still want to then Youtube is your freind. Most games will be on youtube so you can scout them and form your opinion. Wikipedia will have reviews on the games so check there as well although dont just copy and paste from wikipedia as thats just lazy. If all else fails type the game into Google, plenty of websites about that will have snippets of the game places like gamefaqs has helped me before. Hope this helps

Back Resident Evil 2 & Diablo II I don't want to be the only one.

Not at all

I personally am not voting
Researching the one I don't know before I vote and then vote based on if I would like playing the game or not. This criteria means I may vote for a game I've never played depending on what game they're up against i have played.

What I say;

If you don't know both games, don't vote.

If you havem't played one, do some research read what people say and if you think you can come to an informed decision then vote.

Don't vote sayin, well ive never played chrono trigger, so COD4 is the best. Research is key, google is your friend!

Why that is answered in the rules thread. In the result of the tie, I will count how many different posters have commented on a game. The one with the most goes through.

I have to disagree with people here.

In my opinion, if you havent played both games, dont vote

If you have only played one... Dont vote.

You can youtube and look it up all you want, in the end you still havent played it, which is kind of the most important thing about a videogame.

Unless you can get your hands on the game and give it a DECENT amount of time. Dont vote in my opinion.

Check out the Mario Kart vs PSO, this is why I think this, its alarming how many people are saying "I havent played PSO but Mario Kart is better"

Thats ignorant, and if your going to be ignorant you should really get out of here :)

That said, I havent played PSO so I have stayed out of the thread

As expected, I will be backinn Final Fantasy X to the hilt.

ffxbox.jpg

I kid you not. This is the best game I have ever played in my lifetime. I cannot remember a day when I had the game when I did not play it for 3 or 4 hours at a time. The storyline was abo****ely amazing, graphics were astounding for the time and I believe that it was the only game at that time to take advantage of the graphics that the PS2 could offer. The game was so expansive it was crazy. I honestly sat for a whole weekend just playing the Blitzball game in it. It was a game within a game. That's all I am going to say about it just now because I want to keep my best arguments for when the game is actually in competition. Speaking of by the way. Is it me or will Final Fantasy X be up against Final Fantasy VIII in the first round?

I have to disagree with people here.

In my opinion, if you havent played both games, dont vote

If you have only played one... Dont vote.

You can youtube and look it up all you want, in the end you still havent played it, which is kind of the most important thing about a videogame.

Unless you can get your hands on the game and give it a DECENT amount of time. Dont vote in my opinion.

Check out the Mario Kart vs PSO, this is why I think this, its alarming how many people are saying "I havent played PSO but Mario Kart is better"

Thats ignorant, and if your going to be ignorant you should really get out of here :)

That said, I havent played PSO so I have stayed out of the thread

I think you can appreciate how much a game has had on gaming as a whole and vote on that. For example lets say you had Super mario 1 against Boogerman, you haven't played either, but you know which game had the impact...correct?

I think you can appreciate how much a game has had on gaming as a whole and vote on that. For example lets say you had Super mario 1 against Boogerman, you haven't played either, but you know which game had the impact...correct?

Perhaps, but I am talking not so obvious selections.

I will use Chrono Trigger vs COD 4 as a perfect example, Chrono Trigger is not as popular as it once was, but is still regarded by many as one of the best rpgs out there. While COD 4 is looked at as the staple for next gen fps.

I am not going to say which is better here, I have put my opinion in that thread. But if you look in there, there are several people who have admitted they have not played Chrono Trigger, and give their vote to COD 4 anyway.

Matches like that are alot closer, considering both are fantastic games. And I dont see how people can have any right to vote in such instances when they have only played one, it gives an unfair biased advantage, in this case, in COD 4's favour.

Make sense?

Yeah it does make sense, I know Chrono Trigger is the superior game, but yeh it's going to happen though, people will see the game they like and vote for it. Especially in teh first round, it'll be the second or third rounds when people will have played both.

It is very unfortunate that alot of people are going to vote with games that they are more firmiliar with. And I dont mean firmiliar in the sense of what they have played but rather what they have seen comercials for, what their friends have said etc.

Hopefully in round 2 people will start voting for the reasons they should be (Gameplay, Innovation etc.) instead of what games like simply 'like'. People should be old enough to look at the whole picture and make their decision even if it goes against their favorite game.

Does that make sense?

It is very unfortunate that alot of people are going to vote with games that they are more firmiliar with. And I dont mean firmiliar in the sense of what they have played but rather what they have seen comercials for, what their friends have said etc.

Hopefully in round 2 people will start voting for the reasons they should be (Gameplay, Innovation etc.) instead of what games like simply 'like'. People should be old enough to look at the whole picture and make their decision even if it goes against their favorite game.

Does that make sense?

Yes it makes sense, I had a bad feeling that this would be going to happen because something similar happened in the WZ tournament.

In Germany there is a saying that is pretty fitting :
"Was der Bauer nicht kennt frisst er nicht"

In english it would be
"What the yokel doesn´t know he doesn´t eat."

It's explained in the rule thread. Read it before asking anymore questions. The list was done of 3 different top 100 game lists, then I asked regulars to give their top 20, using a point system the top 100 were the top 100 seeds and the next 28 were wildcards.

So am I right in assuming that FFX will meet FFVIII in the first round?

Yup, it'll be up there with my second round prediction of OoT v WindWaker

That is going to be such a tough round for Final Fantasy X. I shall give it my all though and hope that it can get through it. I have a couple of things prepared to say for FFX if it ever gets in a little bit of trouble but the problem is that it doesn't seem to have very many supporters beyond myself. Hopefully people will see sense and listen to me. I have played/finished and idolised every FF game and in my opinion, FFX was the best of them.

To be fair I think more people will have played X than VIII, me personally I prefer VIII but I shall go into the Final Fantasy law when I open the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back