How about this?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok as we know the Rock is returning on the 1000th raw Episode of Raw and has already said he wants to be WWE Champion again so what if he returns and Challages the WWE Champion at Summerslam which makes CM Punk vs The Rock here me out, The Rock wins the match and as he is sitting in the middle of the Ring looking at the WWE title John Cena's music hits and he cashes in his MITB briefcase on the Rock and wins back the WWE title, by doing this he makes it 1-1 on the Score cards setting up a big rematch at next years Wrestlemania or sometime in the future.

OR

The Rock comes back on Raw and annouces that he his throwing his name into the 30 man Royal Rumble next year and that will create so much buzz and create proberly the most Royal Rumble PPV buys in WWE history and adding John Cena, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and a few more big names would proberly make the IWC wet themselves for the Royal Rumble PPV?

YOur thoughs

Both ideas are pretty good and I would accept either of them as a viable WWE option.

Personally, I would be a bit pissed off if Rock came, defeated CM Punk and then left again, and Cena winning money in the bank and cashing it in successfully would really really piss me off to the high heavens. Yet still a viable option.

I lean more towards Rock in RR, but doubt he should win it.

Really if I am honest, the Rock should come back for Feud Matches only. The Rock has no place in the WWE title picture, not with his busy schedule. And the WWE does not need someone who is way out of practice, coming back and wailing on their champion like its just that easy.

Personally, I hope neither one of them happen. I have no desire to see The Rock become WWE Champion again because, as many have stated in numerous posts on this subject, he's not going to stay around. According to Forbes, The Rock is the 5th or 6th highest paid movie star in Hollywood right now. In the past year, he's made nearly $40 million doing his thing and his price will probably only go up if his movies continue to do well at the box office. If I'm not mistaken, Rock is currently filming yet another movie and probably has another lined up after that. Punk's been working his ass off as WWE Champion for almost 8 months now, so having Rock just show up and take the title from him at SummerSlam would be a big slap in the face in my eyes. I know he's The Rock but The Rock isn't someone that's going to help carry the company for the next decade or so. Frankly, Punk deserves much better than to drop the title to Dwayne Johnson simply because he's The Rock, even if it's just a very brief run.

As for Cena possibly cashing in MITB on The Rock if he did win at SummerSlam, it'll never happen. John Cena is the ultimate babyface and the ultimate babyface doesn't stoop to the low act of cashing in on an opponent after they're worn out & exhausted from his match. Cena will cash in MITB in the open and challenge the champ in a straight up match, which is the way to go this time because it hasn't been done since RVD did it back in 2005. We've seen so many surprise cash ins that the idea of a wrestler doing the noble thing and challenging fair & square is actually a novel & interesting one.

The Rock's message about still wanting to be WWE Champion again does give me concern for Punk's title run. It's all but written in the stars that John Cena will win the WWE Championship MITB match. What I think is more likely to happen is that Cena will eventually cash in on CM Punk and regain the title with The Rock ultimately challenging Cena to a rematch at WrestleMania 29 for the title. There've been rumors about a potential WM rematch between them really since WM ended. I'm just hoping WWE doesn't go down this route and include the title because it'll still give away the ending of the match just as it would have at WM 28. Like I said earlier, The Rock isn't giving up being a movie star, which means he can't be a viable WWE Champion, which further means that having him challege for the title can only realistically end with him failing to win it and thus obliterating any mystique surrounding the match.

In my opinion, Cena winning MITB and successfully cashing it in is a waste of the concept. Cena is already bigger than MITB and doesn't need the gimmick to be a legit challenger for the title. He's John Cena after all, he's the WWE's golden boy and has been the face of the company since the mid 2000s. Cena is someone that, if WWE wanted to, they could just have him come out to cut a promo and challenge Punk for the title and the challenge would automatically have creedence and legitimacy. A challenge can't get anymore legit than it does coming from a 12 time World Champion. Personally, it's a much more interesting idea for John Cena to be the first MITB briefcase holder to unsuccessfully cash in the contract. They've mentioned that Cena has done just about everything except be Mr. MITB, so it'd be a fun sense of irony to have someone as successful as Cena be the first MITB winner to not win the championship. It won't hurt Cena's career one bit if that happens and it could restore a certain sense of unpredictability to the concept in that if John Cena loses as MITB winner, then anybody can lose.

Or what if, the Rock challenges CM Punk, and loses at Summerslam? Cena then wants his MITB cash-in in a straight up match at the next PPV (NOC). This could solidify Punk and if Cena wins, doesn't hurt anyone.

Although it would be somewhat damaging to CM Punk's tenure as champion, he has to lose some time. If they are going to have The Rock be the guy to take the title off him I would hope there would be a proper feud and build up.

But in the end The Rock throwing his name in to any scenario works. Even the idea of him becoming and leaving for a while as champion works. CM Punk leaving MiTB as champion last year led to a ton of interest and intrigue. Rock and his mini-part time schedule would leave the fans clueless about what is going to happen next. It would also get some mainstream attention. Almost anything that creates interest is a good thing for the fans and the WWE, the Rock does that.

What would be a better concept that would be totally unpredictable and make sense is.... If Kane wins money in the bank and cashes it in the same night after the Punk VS Bryan match. AJ (still there being referee and all) counts the three and it's revealed Kane and AJ have been working together all along. Maybe they could do the marriage angle.. After all, there both crazy enough to be together! and it did just seem that they built up the Kane and AJ angle for nothing as it just kinda finished randomly. hmmm.

The Rock has said he will become WWE champion again so he will, I just hope there isn't a Rock/Cena II.

Maybe Bryan wins at MITB and then loses to The Rock at Summerslam, none of this really entices me but it prevents having Punk be simply jobbed out to a movie star.

ok as we know the Rock is returning on the 1000th raw Episode of Raw and has already said he wants to be WWE Champion again so what if he returns and Challages the WWE Champion at Summerslam which makes CM Punk vs The Rock here me out, The Rock wins the match and as he is sitting in the middle of the Ring looking at the WWE title John Cena's music hits and he cashes in his MITB briefcase on the Rock and wins back the WWE title, by doing this he makes it 1-1 on the Score cards setting up a big rematch at next years Wrestlemania or sometime in the future.

OR

The Rock comes back on Raw and annouces that he his throwing his name into the 30 man Royal Rumble next year and that will create so much buzz and create proberly the most Royal Rumble PPV buys in WWE history and adding John Cena, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and a few more big names would proberly make the IWC wet themselves for the Royal Rumble PPV?

YOur thoughs

#2 seems more feasible as with being booked for filming until dec/jan, he couldn't commit the proper PR time to doing a match at Summer Slam

I'd like your second option better. I'd like to see The Rock in the Royal Rumble, simply because I love the Rumble and it'd be great to see Rocky in it one last time! I think the Rumble is where the "Road to WrestleMania" really heats up, so I think Rock should be around more during that time if he's back for Mania 29

As for Cena possibly cashing in MITB on The Rock if he did win at SummerSlam, it'll never happen. John Cena is the ultimate babyface and the ultimate babyface doesn't stoop to the low act he's The Rock, even if it's just a very brief run.of cashing in on an opponent after they're worn out & exhausted from his match. Cena will cash in MITB in the open and challenge the champ in a straight up match, which is the way to go this time because it hasn't been done since RVD did it back in 2005. We've seen so many surprise cash ins that the idea of a wrestler doing the noble thing and challenging fair & square is actually a novel & interesting one.

Ultimate babyface as in duct taping your opponent to the ring post in a last man standing match so you can win without actually having to win?

Though I do agree that cashing in for a match is a novel idea when it comes to Money in the Bank nowadays. Only RVD has done that and he was successful. However if Cena challenges Punk, he's GOING to win. Both are faces, and they aren't letting Cena lose clean to any ACTIVE superstar.

I have been saying since last year that Cena was the only person who could cash in, and lose, and it wouldn't affect him at all. He lost to the Rock and 2 Raw's later it was the same Cena and the same everything, like WM28 didn't happen. But it would do wonders for MitB if Cena lost.

I doubt you'll see them put Cena over The Rock on a cash-in because there's money to be made there and that effectively gives the match away for free. Even if they were to promote a Punk/Rock match (which would also earn), it still gives a pay day away.

Personally, I think Cena needs to win MITB and lose when he cashes it in. I think a lot of times, creative books with a fear of losing. That's why Ryback and Brodus Clay feast on jobbers, because they think one loss will ruin them. Similarly, I think they're afraid of having someone fail on their cash in because it will make them look bad. But if you have Cena be that guy, then not only does it bolster the reputation of the champion who successfully defends against him, but it sets the precedent of "well, Cena didn't cash in successfully," so that two years from now you have that option open for a lesser superstar.

What would be a better concept that would be totally unpredictable and make sense is.... If Kane wins money in the bank and cashes it in the same night after the Punk VS Bryan match. AJ (still there being referee and all) counts the three and it's revealed Kane and AJ have been working together all along. Maybe they could do the marriage angle.. After all, there both crazy enough to be together! and it did just seem that they built up the Kane and AJ angle for nothing as it just kinda finished randomly. hmmm.

That would be an awesome idea, why does it always have to be the same guys, this would be exelent since no one expects Kane to win, and he has cooled down from the Punk/Bryan feud, and AJ has been toying with Punk ad Bryan's emotions lately, so no one would see this coming, and it would be a shocking ending to the PPV, like i said, phenomenal idea.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back