My Plan to "Fix" WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Lita And Trish's departure was a massive blow to the Womens Div.

Those two, especiallym Trish were probably the best women wrestlers to date, and they could actually make a womens match entertaining.

Mickie James isn't bad, but the likes of Melina aren't up to scratch in my opinion.

Great to look at though :)

My plan to fix WWE is fairly simple. Ill break it down by Brand and then the WWE as a whole.

RAW: This can be fixed with the following.
-Increase the prestige of the Intercontental Belt. This can be done through things like having it be the major event at the hour mark. This gives it a rising feel to the program.
-Change the design for the RAW logo back to how it was, this new one just looks weak.
-Send Khali back to OVW or DSW to retrain and add more moves to his moveset.
- Make both Edge and Orton the main Event Heels. Turning John Cena could work but right now for the Main Event level on RAW there isn't any Main Event Faces left. So leave Cena as a face or a Tweener, I dont Care which.
-Everyone agrees on this one of having Cena drop the belt, this is for a possibly different reason then most people who want him to drop the belt. Cena is like Benoit it is easier to root for him when they are chasing down the Title. I liked the Edge-Cena feud after Edge won for the seond time where Cena seemed Hungrier. maybe its me but thats how I see it.
- Stop having the Ron Simmons segments where he comes up and says "DAMN", it is deminishing the Legacy of this man and what he did for the Business.
-Put better wrestlers in the Women's division, As has been stated before Mickie James, Victoria and Beth Pheonix are the only ones that can wrestle a decent match with Melina and Candice being close to being able to wrestle a half decent Match.

ECW: This can be fixed with the following.
-Taking the Belt off of Lashley, make him work for two more years while working on his Mike work. He can make a champion just that he needs to ork on some of his skills.
-Add the TV title to the mix as soon as possible. I think they should have a tournament where the Winner gets the Title at One Night Stand or the Night After. This would be for the Midcard talent of say Kevin Thorne, Matt Striker, Elijah Burke and CM Punk.
-Put the Originals back into some form of push, give Balls Mahoney a title push, not necsearrily winning it just in the picture.
-Make all matches real ECW matches, No need for that to mean that it is a Hardcore extravaganza, but a solid match where weapons can be used to add to the story that is being told.
-Increase the time to 2 Hours in about 2 years if it hasn't gone under by then. It will allow for more lengthier matches and more of a story.
-Give back the ECW originals their Music that they used in ECW.

SMACKDOWn: This can be fixed with the following.
-Give Matt Hardy and Gregory Helms a decent feud over the US belt, if they make it a three way feud with Chris Benoit it would make an Interesting feud and give a huge jump in terms of people that care that there is a US title in WWE.
-GEt Batista to drop the belt and to never challenge for it again unless he learns that he is not the greatest thing since sliced bread.
-Get rid of Little Bastard, Hes funny but not really.
-Change the day that Smackdown is Taped and have it on Wednesdays. This means you can split the ECW and Smackdown Locker rooms. Keep everything seperate.
-Have Theodore Long get a decent gimmick, or Heel Turn him it would shake it up a bit.

WWE:This is the Improvements as a whole that I would make.
-Make the belts interesting and have them properly defended at TV tapings and at House Shows, When you go to a House Show you know that no title is going to change hands, make it intresting and have the Top title lost at a house Show occasionally.
-Make WWE.com even easier to get around. Put content on YouTube and other sites like that.
-Look in the Indies and overseas for talent that could be used.
-Allow a slightly filtered restricted moveset, allow for ability when choosing which moves are allowed and which aren't.
-Induct people into the Hall of Fame that deserve it, Not just WWE employees or Legends that competed in WWE. Induct those that helped the Business become whaat it is today. So it would include Guys like Sting, Owen Hart, The Sheik and Others that never competed in WWE or are being held back for some reason like Owen. Along those lines build a building that is seperate to WWE headquarters for the Busts of the Inductees, make it a real place for people to go and see that sort of thing.
-Bring Back Chris Jericho in some capacity, be it announcing or as a special guest like Stone Cold, or even as a Wrestler.
-Bring out more books like "The rise and Fall of ECW" or 'Controversy Creates Cash" they are interesting to read and are informative on issues that people want to know more about. An example would be the Golden age of Wrestling in the WWF, I know about it but Knowing more about it would be interesting to read on the Verge of another upswing in the popularity of Wrestling in the States and in other countries.

WWE will never get rid of the brands because the more brands they can run independently the more revenue they can produce through house shows,etc.

About the women's division...if WWE is not willing to put the same ingenuinety into the the match types to make it interesting then get rid of women's wrestling.it would be pretty cool to see extreme rules women's matches.Imagine Victoria throwing candice off the top of a cell.I want to be able to yell holy shit while watching a women's match too.

Cena is being forced down our throats. The popularity of the kind of babyface that Cena is died long ago. People hate the "clean" babyfaces. I mean by "clean" babyface are faces that were in wrestling in 1980s like Hulk Hogan. When the mid-1990s came, people started to get sick of Hogan always winning and saving the day. That's why they made Hogan go into the nWo and turn him heel, to completely change his character. And that's what the fans wanted, something new, fresh. That's what they need to do with Cena, Cena's got stale, repetitive, not just in ring, but, on the mic as well. To be honest, I think they've ran out of ideas to do with Cena's character. So, Cena is just sitting doing nothing with the WWE title, which explains the non-entertaining wrestling product.

But, they need to give young guys chances to have the WWE and World titles, because in a few years, guys like Michaels, Undertaker, HHH are going to either be on a light schedule or retired completely because they are close or in their 40s. So, once they're gone, who's going to carry WWE? They need push young talent, so, they carry the future of WWE, into a new generation.
My 2 cents.

I agree with you 100%. They need to start pushing fresher, and younger talent or else there will be no one to carry the company when the older guys retire. People like Johnny Nitro. That guy has some great potential to be a World Champion at some point down the line. He just needs to maybe step up his weight a little bit, because right now, he isn't really heavy enough to be a heavyweight champ. But at some point down the line, he will be ready to be a World Champ. Kennedy is another. But they need to start pushing them soon.

This is what I posted in a previous thread.

A lot of discussion has been made lately about ending the roster split, however that would cause some problems though with the amount of wrestlers, plus other minor stuff such as commentary team etc.....

My main gripe is the fact that there are so many titles, I mean I thought it was stupid when there were 2 world champions, but to now have 3 simply sux

I dont think it is fesable to end the split, however there are ways around it

unify the respective titles, and sack off ECW

So you would have

WWE Title
Tag titles
IC title
Womens title
Cruiserweight title

maybe down the line even introduce the TV title, with WCW rules (time limits etc)

have the titles on both shows, so whomever is champ gets to go on both shows (and when a ppv match is set, even have the challenger/s eligible for both shows

finally, perhaps even have a show on saturday (could be once a month, or weekly) which would be the top stars from both raw and smackdown to further build fueds

this way, the split will still be in force, prestige (sp) retunded to the titles and the WWECW would be gone, as well as allowing feuds to develop

what ya think, add anything if you think it needs to be

My plan to IMPROVE WWE:

1). Re-Unify the brands. Completely eliminate ECW on tuesday nights. Have Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown.
2). Unify the belts:
The belts would be:
World Heavyweight Championship
US Heavyweight Championship
Intercontinental Championship
World Tag-Team Championship
ECW Championship (Extreme Rules)
Women's Championship
Cruiserweight Championship
3). Keep all divisions somewhat seperate, build storylines within each division to build hype up for each belt. No Cena/Michaels winning the tagteam championship and not even caring about it. That makes a joke out of the belts. Have each belt regain its significance back!
4). Forget "WWE is pop culture" or whatever their new marketing scheme is going to be. WWE is WRESTLING. Smackdown Wresting, and Real Action Wrestling (RAW).
5). Cut the house shows in half. I understand they are very profitable, but if cutting the house shows in half means that your wrestlers are in better health, better rested, and can put on more entertaining matches on tv, so be it, that has the ability to gain new audiences. Nobody is going to stop being a fan because there are less house shows.
6). Have an equilibrium between storylines and matches. Good storylines, good matches. Even bad storylines (currently) would be ok as long as their are quality weekly matches, for example the Edge/RVD match on Raw a few weeks ago was awesome (I know it didn't involve a storyline, but it was a great match).

That is what I would do to improve the WWE.

You guys are pretty pathetic if you think the WWE women's division is entertaining.

"Taking the Belt off of Lashley, make him work for two more years while working on his Mike work. He can make a champion just that he needs to ork on some of his skills."

Why do you guys put such and emphasis on microphone skills? I can care less about mic skills,has long has they can wrestle that's all I care about.

I think that splitting the brands up is bad for WWE as some of the buyrates theyve had seperately are awful and the push of better mix of matches would improve their profit somewhat.

If WWE gets rid of The no talent gorilla armed Cena ratings would go up. Cena's the worst thing to happen to wrestling since Goldberg !

Getting rid of the brand extension would be horrible now. Just think of how many of the same guys we would get tired of seeing every Mon, Tues & Fri. At first I hated the brand extension, but now it's needed. We see different guys, guys we wouldn't have seen if there was still one roster.
Getting rid of any titles is a bad idea also. There should actually be 1 or 2 more like the ECW tag team titles, and since SD has the US, and Raw has the Intercontinental, bring back the ECW Tv title.
The only thing I would change is this: instead of title holders being brand exclusive, have them go between brands. For Example, Booker T is a SD star. Cena is the WWE Champ so he shows up on SD, Booker beats him for the title. Now Cena, who is a Raw star goes back to Raw and now Booker moves to every show, until he is beat.
Also, I'd give more intrest in the tag titles. Why bring in new tag teams with all the hype (Cryme Tyme & Highlanders) if WWE gives lees than a squirt of piss about the tag titles. See Raw last night, TWO TEN TAG TEAM battle royals and Cryme Tyme wasn't in either one of them. But Nitro & The Miz were.
I love the idea in ECW about the Originals against the New Breed. I actually did a post about that as soon as ECW was announced to be returning. I had Paul Heyman as a sellout to the original ECW and now a Vince stooge. And Taz as the sellout announcer.

Xander that's really not needed, the point of this thread is to come up with ideas on how we think the WWE could improve it's product. That's what a forum is for, discussion. And unfortunately there aren't too many choices these days when it comes to watching wrestling on TV, it's either TNA or WWE and TNA is only on for one hour every week.

Put some thoughts into your posts.

Hmm, so the WWE plans on fixing itself with it's already poor thinned out roster, under achieving pay per views, and lackluster shows, by, oh, expanding with two more brands. Makes sense to me.

I think the way to fix the WWE, is to take out anyone with the last name Levesque or McMahon out if it, and take any belt off of anyone that has a last name that starts with a C and ends with an ena.

You are looking at it from an entertainment perspective and not money. ECW is making money for the WWE so why would they cancel it? The more often they are on TV the better because of exposure so why would you want them to "only have 4 hours of regular programming?" Dropping the women's title won't hurt business but there are some positives to the womens division here and there.

They don't run the developmental territories like you think they do so they won't ever split it up where one belongs to one brand and another the other. There are guys in those promotions who aren't even under a WWE contract.

Until they start losing major bucks don't plan on it changing. Theres nothing to fix when they are clearly financially successful. Look at how freaking big a deal Wrestlemania was this year and how excited orlando already is because of how much money they will make off it.

And stop asking them to take the belt away from Cena, it is pointless. We here on the internet hate him, but he makes the WWE more money than any other wrestler on the roster, so they aren't going to kill his push just cause people with a keyboard dislike him. You figure out how to make him less profitable, and he will lose the title.

my idea would be to completely seperate each brand...no mention of raw should happen on smackdown or ecw and the same goes any which way...it should be just as it was when it was wcw versus wwe versus ecw...no fluid movement from one show to another it should be similar to someone turning from ecw to wcw to wwe...every brand should have equal titles...a womens title in each...each can have a similar midcard title such as one brand with the intercontinental another with the us title and then a third title that they would have to make up...each should have a cruiserweight title and its own world and tag team titles...the cartoon aspect of the shows need to stop and they need to get away from the talk...old school in the back in front of a curtain promos and every so often an in ring interview but thats about it...get it back to long lasting rivalries and four pay per views a year each...

I think there's less needed than people think to fix it really. Personally I would...

.While ecw will never be like it was in the past, wwe should run it in a similar way to the attitude era raw shows. Have raw as the flagship sellout show, smackdown for wrestling and ecw as the more hardcore show, rather than just a place to send crap talent that there's no room for
.Make the vast majority of ecw matches extreme rules.
.Give it a two hour show and add a tag team title and a television title.
.Send benoit and edge over to ecw. scrap lashley completely and have edge, benoit, rvd, punk and sabu as the top guys. keep punk with the new breed and have him feud with benoit non-title while rvd and edge feud over the title etc.
.Bring Heyman back as the head of ecw creative in an off screen role for now but bring in an authority figure. A completely wild suggestion would be to have j.b.l pretend to buy the struggling ecw brand and run it as the owner. He's a brilliant heel anyway but as ecw fans genuinely hate him it would bring a lot of interest to the show, generate him and his chosen champion loads of heat and make a real star heel out of whoever allies themselves with him. Personally I'd go for punk in this role with the new breed helping out.
.scrap batista, umaga, khali and masters.
.mix up the rosters a bit and introduce feuds such as hardyz vs london and kendrick, wgtt vs regal and taylor, finlay vs booker, kane vs taker for the title, orton vs michaels and cena vs kennedy.
.reduce the number of ppv's slightly to make each one more important
.make the cruiserweight title a big project. have mysterio, super crazy, shane helms, chavo and some new luchadors fight over it at first to bring back interest.

wwe have the resources, they're just not using them propperly.

ECW: dispose of ECW before it gets any worse. Its painful to watch ECW get pretty much turned inside-out, shitted on, kicked in the face, thrown off a cliff, put on fire, gutted like a fish, and then shitted on again. ECW has no chance in hell!

RAW: fire the entire creative team. Give John Cena a new gimmick or put him in the middle-card matches. Put lashley in the middle-card matches for a little while longer and give him a new finisher, something truly dominating. Get John Cena to lose the WWE Title ASAP via injury, and put in a KOTR tournament for the vacant title. Get Randy Orton to win the title. then before SummerSlam, Jeff Hardy challenges Orton to a ladder match and then Steve-O comes in and joins the match for a Triple Threat Ladder Match for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.AMAZING!!!!!!!!! then Steve-O wins the title till WM then if Lawler does indeed wrestle @ WM, then have Steve-O vs Jerry Lawler vs Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Mick Foley in a 6-Man Hell In A Cell Match!!!!!!

Smackdown!: Fire Batista, because he is flat-out shit. If and when ECW dies away again, put Benoit in the WHT picture with Edge and have a 3 stages of hell match between Benoit & Edge @ SummerSlam, the matches being a Ironman, Submission, and a Ladder Match. Let Benoit win and then when (and only when)MVP gets to main event level, put Benoit vs MVP vs [Royal Rumble Winner] @ WM24 in a Triple Threat Steel Cage Match

WWE: Fire Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon. Give Dudleys, Y2J, Sid Vicious, RVD, and any others what they want. In Vince's place I'd put someone who would never hire Vince such as Bret Hart.

ECW: dispose of ECW before it gets any worse. Its painful to watch ECW get pretty much turned inside-out, shitted on, kicked in the face, thrown off a cliff, put on fire, gutted like a fish, and then shitted on again. ECW has no chance in hell!

The better thing to do is to just rename it rather than get rid of it. It is improving as a brand and we all knew it wasn't going to be the original ECW so forget about it in that sense.

RAW: fire the entire creative team. Give John Cena a new gimmick or put him in the middle-card matches. Put lashley in the middle-card matches for a little while longer and give him a new finisher, something truly dominating. Get John Cena to lose the WWE Title ASAP via injury, and put in a KOTR tournament for the vacant title. Get Randy Orton to win the title. then before SummerSlam, Jeff Hardy challenges Orton to a ladder match and then Steve-O comes in and joins the match for a Triple Threat Ladder Match for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.AMAZING!!!!!!!!! then Steve-O wins the title till WM then if Lawler does indeed wrestle @ WM, then have Steve-O vs Jerry Lawler vs Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Mick Foley in a 6-Man Hell In A Cell Match!!!!!!

You have to be kidding with this stuff right, Steve-o winning the title would be worse than David Arquette winning the WCW World Heavyweight title. John Cena wether you like it or not is classified as a main eventer by the WWE, which is fine by me. Jerry Lawler in the Wrestlemania Main Event you are kidding right, if not that is one of the stupidest things I have ever read, he is old and is out of the picture. Me harping on about how the WWE screwed up for vengence and they should of had Lawler and Sandman in the Mainevent due to the qualifing nature of both having held World Titles must have gotten through to prople.

Smackdown!: Fire Batista, because he is flat-out shit. If and when ECW dies away again, put Benoit in the WHT picture with Edge and have a 3 stages of hell match between Benoit & Edge @ SummerSlam, the matches being a Ironman, Submission, and a Ladder Match. Let Benoit win and then when (and only when)MVP gets to main event level, put Benoit vs MVP vs [Royal Rumble Winner] @ WM24 in a Triple Threat Steel Cage Match

Wow another ignorant statement here. Batista is not going to be fired there is a place for him. As a Jobber. This is absolutely absurd the way you plan this to occur an Ironman match wow it is supposed to be an hour a decent Submission match goes half an hour, And a Ladder Match and I mean a good one is supposed to go around that as well, so that means you have used up 2 of a standard 3 hour PPV for this monstrosity you call a three stages of Hell, I call it the End of Two great Careers not in the terms that it is demanding but on the fact that it would probably end up killing or maiming them in the Ladder match as going an hour and a half before a ladder match is really going to work in the favour of people watching at home. MVP should be in the Main Event seen next year after Wrestlemania not at Wrestlemania.

WWE: Fire Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon. Give Dudleys, Y2J, Sid Vicious, RVD, and any others what they want. In Vince's place I'd put someone who would never hire Vince such as Bret Hart.

Lets See here Vince owns WWE, he ain't getting fired, Stephanie is the daughter so I doubt she will be fired either. You obviously have no idea about business here or History. WCW went out of Business because they gave certain Big names everything they wanted including Creative control, It is also going against best business practices to do that as you cannot rely on the past to get to the future. While it will help you need new talent rather than Bringing back Sid. Putting Bret Hart in charge you really know nothing about how the Wrestling Industry works. I don't have much knowledge in terms of details but I know the basic overview of how it works and the way you write it, it is against good business sense.

I don't know the plan isn't the greatest but there are some good parts. The Women's division is a joke and true lady wrestlers like Moolah, W. Richter, Chyna, Trish Stratus, Jazz, Jackie, Sable and even Mickie James should and probably are ashamed at what it's become. The bottom line though is that it is not going anywhere and the WWE just needs to find a way to fix it. Obviously better wrestling is the start but a really good storyline would help. The whole who can beat Chyna thing was pretty good and even when Sable was around the storylines for the title weren't horrible.

Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back