[Official] WZT Prediction Contest

Kermit

the Frog
[7th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament Prediction Contest]

logo.gif

Instructions

1.) Unfortunately, you will have to register with an email to participate in this. We had 50+ who participated last year, so I hope that we can reach that much, if not more, this year. If you participated last year, then your account should still work for the website. I apologize for the inconvenience of registering your email, but it will only take you a few seconds to register and then check your email for a verification link.

2.) Here is how you fill out a bracket on the site:
->Click on the link
->Click on the Championship Bracket link
->Click "Predict It!" at the top
->Click "Register Here"
->Follow the instructions
->Create a bracket

3.) You must confirm your bracket's entry name in this thread. (Meaning that you need to post the name tagged with your bracket)

4.) Entries will remain hidden until after the deadline.

5.) I will post score updates in this thread at the end of each round.

6.) Remember that this is a non-spam section/thread.

Other Information

Notes: Each predictor's score is determined by adding 1 point for each correctly predicted first round match, then doubling for each additional round, e.g. 2 points for correct 2nd round predictions, 4 points for 3rd round, and so on.

Prediction Deadline: 3/13/2012 12am (U.S. Pacific time zone). Tuesday is the beginning of the tournament, so the cut off will be at 12am on early Wednesday morning. This should be more than enough time for people to fill out a bracket. Predictions that are completed after the deadline will simply be marked as late predictions. Late predictions will not be eligible.

Good luck gentlemen.

I will try to put together some kind of unique prize for the winner.

From sifting through, the closest match in the first round might be Million Dollar man against Jake Roberts.

Half killed me to pick HHH over Foley.

I lost my mind over the course of that.

There were some tough ones in there, and I ended up with Andre winning it all, so there's no chance I will win this contest. I went back and forth on whether or not I should go by who I would vote for, or who I think WZ will vote for, so that's probably my downfall. Mine is under Thriller.

I've got mine under the name Bob Green. Ended up with Hogan vs. Thesz in the finals. What a match that would be.

Stuck between some of my last 3 rounds. I've already have matches like Taker v. Hogan, Flair v. HBK, HBK v. Cena, Angle v. Sting, HBK vs. Punk, Race vs. Backlund, Dory v. Terry, Andre v. Thesz, Sammartino v. Austin- and I'm not even in the semi-finals yet.

This year should be some fun, as long as we don't get a bunch of spammers.

Edit- I am under IHW, btw.

I'm in as SpicyDrop...

That was hard to predict... Way too many good matches in the middle and beginning of the tournament. My final came down to Austin vs. Cena, which kind of irritated me but I tried to predict it based on who I thought would win the majority instead of who I wanted to win.

I think Punk's going to go on a huge bullshit run. Thesz, having beaten HHH, who beat Savage in a gimmick match, would become the protest vote.

Austin beats Thesz in the final.

Edge will knock Hogan out in a TLC match, I guarantee it.

Even before I do my bracket, I can tell you that I suspect the frustration from the Hogan contingent finally results in him winning the whole thing. Stormtrooper's really reigned himself in and hasn't been heard from much lately, which should help the cause.

I think this bracket sets up really well for Hogan. I may not be able to get Flair to a championship this year, but there's going to be 127 losers, and there's no shame if Hogan is finally the last man standing...

If you see Papa Pillman, you know who's bracket you're looking at.

I've got Hogan finally winning it all this year. Of course he probably won't because apparently any gimmick match he's in automatically means he loses. I actually have him beating Cena in the finals and I think of all the big names, Cena has the easiest rout. Not necessarily because he has lesser opponents, but a lot of the guys in his region are older guys whose heyday was in the 70's and they always only last until a certain point and rarely beat the big name stars of today in this tournament.

All filling out that bracket has done is remind how little faith I have in the majority of the IWC. Austin goes over HBK in the final. :shrug:

I'm down under Alex Watters. When it said name, I thought it meant my REAL name. Whatevs. I put Taker in the final but in reality I Should've put Hogan, which would make it Flair/Hogan. Would love to see that final.

I broke kayfabe and went by my real name; I'm the one with Hogan going over Savage

Rock over HHH in the final.

Filling out that bracket hurt. Remember, it's not who would actually win the match, it's who can convince other people here who would win the match.

Done. Under TLC. I have Hulk Hogan winning it though I doubt that will happen.

I put it under my real name as well, same as last year.

I have Hogan over Thesz in the last round. I initially wanted to vote how I know the forum is going to vote - I did that last year and got 6th place overall - this year I just went by justifiable kayfabe booking to the best of my knowledge, but I didn't factor in the gimmick matches.

I saw some huge upsets. At one point I had Rikidozan over Hart, El Santo over Sting, Misawa over Undertaker, Great Muta over Punk, and Inoki over Cena. Though the likelihood of any of those happening is probably slim.

Last year I spent a lot of time in the top 20, until the final 16 really blew up my bracket. I ended up with Austin over Thesz in the finals.

I have Austin over Andre for my final with some surprises thrown in (Warrior got pretty bloody far in my brackets).

Under the name FunKay too for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back