Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

I should clarify the "pointless" comment ... I don't feel this election is pointless.

Do you?

Also, your admissions in the post you quoted clearly explain that you were taking it quite seriously. Whether that is the plan moving forward remains for you to waffle over but it doesn't change the fact that you were doing it.

So you took a quote out of context. Congratulations. How people see you as anything approaching a "good poster" is beyond me.

Ill be the first to say it here- You're not a one-trick pony. You're very capable of posting non-spam, in a number of sections, and doing it well. But does that make you the best case to be the best candidate? Because of what you're capable of? Heck no.
In the grand scheme, yeah. It definitely puts me on top of the pile in this little picnic.

In what possible way is that out of context?

Because they concern different degrees of relativity.

As for the "pointless" comment, well, I stand by it. We're talking about appointing moderators on a professional wrestling forum. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty pointless.

This quote said that the election was pointless relative to anything of genuine worth in my life.

I don't feel this election is pointless. I think it's pretty great that it's happening.

This is relative to WrestleZone Forums, but you treated it the same as the previous quote. Perhaps I should have made it clear that I was talking about the "pointlessness" in two different contexts. But then again, I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be simple enough to not get that.

I would like to point out ,Sanka, that your attempt at trying to resolve the WrestleZone elections into two very different contexts and pointing out how it was pointless in one context and great in another was also rather pointless.

Of course that is obvious. What you fail to realize is that I was never talking about anything beyond the scope of WZF in the first place. The idea that someone would take this election to be a serious part of their actual life in the context of the world as a whole at any point in the process (something you seem to admitting you did) was never even on my radar because of how ridiculous that sounds. You seem to be oblivious to level of "seriousness" that the rest of your party is engaging in and I think you hurt their cause because of it.

I would like to point out ,Sanka, that your attempt at trying to resolve the WrestleZone elections into two very different contexts and pointing out how it was pointless in one context and great in another was also rather pointless.

Pointless in what context?

Of course that is obvious. What you fail to realize is that I was never talking about anything beyond the scope of WZF in the first place. The idea that someone would take this election to be a serious part of their actual life in the context of the world as a whole at any point in the process (something you seem to admitting you did) was never even on my radar because of how ridiculous that sounds. You seem to be oblivious to level of "seriousness" that the rest of your party is engaging in and I think you hurt their cause because of it.

But like I said, I'm not treating this election particularly seriously. You're not getting the distinction between me treating this election like it was important, and me challenging something stupid. They can be separated. I just challenged something I disagree with - something which happened to do with this election.

But let's say that you're right about me taking this election too seriously. Does that matter? After all, by their very nature, parties are not monolithic entities. They are made up of individuals with different ideas and different points of view.

But like I said, I'm not treating this election particularly seriously. You're not getting the distinction between me treating this election like it was important, and me challenging something stupid. They can be separated. I just challenged something I disagree with - something which happened to do with this election.

So now you want me to believe you joined a party and made several lengthy posts about the election in multiple parties threads among other things without having any caring about the election? You are not getting that your rationalization is full of more holes than Abyss' underwear.

But let's say that you're right about me taking this election too seriously. Does that matter? After all, by their very nature, parties are not monolithic entities. They are made up of individuals with different ideas and different points of view.

Without getting into a lot of details, trying to compare coco on a serious level to other candidates isn't where he shines. I'd leave the "debating" to those that truly understand coco's appeal and strengths.

You scared bro? Reality setting in that the strongest party is gonna take this thing? Nobody said KB or Sly were stupid, nor did anyone imply it. You just had nothing intelligent to say, and your A.D.D. wouldn't allow you to stay quiet.

Damn you ABC Party! Sending your Cheektowaga goon to get threatening with me. Does LK716 even have a license to diagnose me for A.D.D.? I demand an investigation in to these ethics violations to go along with the apologies that you guys owe and I still think the The ABC Party needs to disband for their unethical behavior. At a minimum you should suspend the party until these horrifying issues are resolved.

May G-d bless you, and G-d bless WZ Forums!

Nice that one of your party (GSB) comes in accusing us of disrespecting Sly & KB and yet you are stating this is a pointless exercise. By holding this election, they are saying we need a mod, and my guess (which of course they are free to refute), is that they are putting the onus on us because of the stupid claims of favouritism that certain members have been making. Doesn't detract from the fact that spam doesn't need moderation as, by its nature, it doesn't have nearly as many rules to enforce

Mr. 4Life,

How dare you speak for the Admins? Is this the kind of Mod we could expect from the ABC Party? One that just makes things up and uses it that as the beliefs of the Admins. That is identity theft. You sir are an idenitty theif.

So now you want me to believe you joined a party and made several lengthy posts about the election in multiple parties threads among other things without having any caring about the election? You are not getting that your rationalization is full of more holes than Abyss' underwear.

You didn't read anything I wrote, did you?

Without getting into a lot of details, trying to compare coco on a serious level to other candidates isn't where he shines. I'd leave the "debating" to those that truly understand coco's appeal and strengths.

Who's talking about Coco? Again, did you read what you just quoted?

I don't care to moderate.

I've done it before on anothe forum, equally as busy as this, and it isn't all its cracked up to be. Whether you do right or wrong prepare to be criticized, you move or delete something made by another poster, four out of every five will bitch and/or moan. It comes with the territory.

I haven't been around much lately, however, my support goes to either Habs/Dagger. No offense to Ba-Bomb and those who came with him, but I don't have much faith in anyone within that group nor do I believe anyone has a stone's throw of taking it all. Take this from someone whose done the title in question, it may not be hard but if the posters don't respect the person with the power you're screwed from day one. Plus, Coco seems the strongest opposing candidate and God forbid he be given any power.

So yeah, Habs or Dagger.

****I'm not sure if anyone read/noticed/cared about a previous post I made a few days ago, but just in case it went unread/unnoticed, I'll repost it.

After a lot of back and forth, I have decided to make it official and have thrown my name into the running to be elected as the candidate for the ABC Party, and potentially the next moderator of WrestleZone Forums.

I have openly stated since the beginning that I am interested in becoming the moderator of the Video Game and Technology section. This is the transparency that I will be bringing during the entire election process. If you are not interested in seeing your elected candidate in the position of VG&T moderator, and would like the candidate to moderate another section of the forum, then there are a near limitless number of talent within this party that deserve your support.

The number one reason for me becoming a supporting member of the ABC Party, is the deep well of talented posters, many which would make for an outstanding moderator on this forum. If I am not selected as the candidate, I have no doubt that the person who has been selected, would rise to the task to improving their designated section, and in turn, the forum as a whole. The ABC Party will have my support and devotion until the very end.

I would like to be the man placed in charge of that section for two reasons:

1 - As of right now, that is the section that I visit the most, and the section that I am most passionate about. I have always been extremely interested about wrestling, TV, movies and video games, and love the opportunity to discuss all facets of each with anyone, but right now, it is video games and technology that carry the most weight in my life.

2 - I believe I would be the best person for the position. No disrespect to Dagger or anyone else, but if you don't think you are the best suited to run the section you are most interested in, you should not run for candidacy, but instead be a vocal supporter for the person who you feel would be better.

The comment I made earlier about "not seeing Dagger as the mod for the VG&T section" was not made out of malice, but rather self-confidence. I have no intention of putting down another poster and member of this party during this election process because as I have already mentioned, the level of talented and committed posters in this party is great and I have a high level of respect for many, not only within this party, but throughout the entire forum.

How could I improve the Video Game & Technology section?

While discussing what they would do to each specific section, if they were made moderator of the section, most commented that the VG&T was in good shape. I disagree as there is now, more than ever, a lot of room for improvement.

There have always been a number of dedicated posters who post in the VG&T section, whether it be creating a thread and opening post to kick off the discussion, or to contribute to a thread with an intelligent, thought-provoking comments to help carry the discussion. But since the departure of Lee as the sole moderator of that section, there has been an increase of spam posts that often not only add nothing to the discussion, but sometimes even entirely stop the thread dead, ending any momentum that was being built. This is the main problem with the VG&T section as of now - the amount of spam post that are being built up and burying the quality post. This is the number one issue that needs to be addressed.

Quality discussions are taking place in the VG&T, but they often focused on a specific game and while that does provide an excellent starting point, I would like to see more threads that cover a wider area of gaming, that can provide more diverse discussion. Rather than seeing mainly threads on individual games, I'd like to see threads that provide posters with a wide range of commenting, like I did with my 'Essential PS3 Games' thread.

Even when I'm away from the forums, I often think of thread ideas that could potentially stir up discussion. I literally have a notebook in my locker at work that has hand written notes of ideas for opening posts of threads that I would like to create and hope to do so in the very near future. (This seemed less nerdy before I typed it out.)

For the past two years, I have been apart of a very successful tournament to crown the "Best Video Game Ever." These tournaments would continue to be an annual event once a year, but I can't see why we can't hold monthly discussions were we stand two comparative games side-by-side, and determine which is the better game.

While I might not be one of the most frequent posters in the section, I am a frequent visitor and I believe that my comments within the section represent a "quantity over quality" approach. I'm driven to creating and maintaining discussion, rather than boosting my post count and rep.

The biggest weakness that I have going into this election is that I am not able to be on WrestleZone forums everyday. Family and work will always take precedence in my life over WrestleZone. While I try to log onto the forums as much as I am able to, I may not be able to post and contribute to it as much as I would like. Even with that being said, with the current amount of traffic that takes place in the VG&T section, I am still confidence that I would be capable to maintain an enjoyable area for posting within it.

I have always enjoyed my time on this forum and have had the privilege to discuss a number of topics with a number of posters that I respect. I enjoy reading the thoughts, ideas and comments from many posters here to gain a different perspective on things. I truly believe that WrestleZone is the best wrestling forum on the internet, and that is solely due to the amount of talented posters that contribute to it on a daily basis.

My campaign is based on my belief that by bettering even one section of the forum, you better the entire forum. This election is a win-win scenario for me. If I am chosen as a candidate for the ABC party, and selected to become a moderator, I will work to improve and better the VG&T section. If I am not the member to be chosen, the selected member will be qualified to improve the section he or she desires.

The Video Game & Technology section doesn't need a lot to improve, but out of all of the sections on WrestleZone, I believe that it needs the most improving, and I would like to be the man to lead the charge in making it a better place. By improving one section, you improve the entire forum.

Now you're just being silly, and I seriously hope you're being facetious. Noone here has called them stupid, and your logic is way off-base here. Stating that there is a lack of necessity for a spam moderator assumes nothing about Sly and KB, it's simply saying that the priority for a spam moderator is less in one's opinion. We're still entitles to those, yes? Thought so. You know nothing of the thought process that went into this, so Id just quit commenting on it.

Of course I'm being silly and facetious. 90% of my posts are complete jackassery. I can get away with it as long as I keep it in Spam and there is no one there to moderate.

I can combine the fake outrage of Joe Wilson, Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace with the leaps in logic of Sean Hannity and Keith Olbermann and flat out lies and misinformation much like real politics and the media. Some will be entertained by it while others will flat out believe it.

The ABC Party should be named The tl;dr Party. You guys should be having more fun with this.

You are entitled to that opinion and did bring some good ideas to the table. However, you also said you would not be able to devote time on a daily basis to your section should you win. I log onto this forum every single day. Even if it means moderating during my lunch break at work, I promise to look after my section(s) every day and make them my top priority rather than debating elsewhere.

I see what you did there. Cutting a quote of mine in half to change the tone and intent of the original message. You cheeky money.

I like that you have your notebook of ideas. If I end up winning, I would plan on setting up a team of people to help generate ideas for the section. Dave did that for movies a while back. The task of helping generate discussion should not fall fully on a moderator but rather on a regulars of that forum.

That's what I've been saying! We have the talented posters to create and drive discussion, but the VG&T section is becoming bogged down by spammy posts, that it's turning potential posters away.

The difference is that I am willing to do that on my own should I have to and can when I am available.

Me too (again, something I mentioned earlier.) You look to throw me under the bus for not being available 24/7, but it's cool for you to not always be available?

I have priorities in life that are above this forum, and whether or not I win, isn't going to change. My family & work will always come first.

I log on and post when I can and I think if you go back and look at all of my post, it's quality over quantity - the term "Daggering" a post exists for a reason.

I kept the Video Games section alive on two separate occassions when it was without a mod. For a good portion of 2010 and then the past several months of this year. I have spent a little less time there this week and last week to show my strengths elsewhere to prove that I would be good for other sections too. It does not have to be limited to Video Games. I am open to other sections too.

Then let's here it. If you are elected, what section would you choose to moderate. Everyone else who is interested in winning has openly declared what section they would choose, but you.

Basically.... Here is what I am looking at. On my days off from work I have far more time open. Those days I can provide new topics, as I put time into coming up with my threads so they can generate more discussion. Those monologues and question lists take time to come up with. New threads on my days off followed by debating with others and repping people who contribute to my section(s). Then on other days I will be responding to other topics while looking for trash and other section maintenance.

That promise as well as my other ones will hold true no matter what section I become mod for. I intend to keep my promises or else I would not have made them. I am the right man for the job and I want this.

I am interested in becoming the mod for the VG&T section. I have openly thrown everything out into the open and people can either take it or leave it.

I believe that I am the best person to moderate the VG&T section but I don't imagine that I'm a name that's "famous" enough to make it to the end. Because of this, if I do not have enough votes from this party, I will gladly back a number of members from this party that would make the best mod for the forum. Habs, Killjoy, Gunslinger, and Mitch or Theo if they are interested would all make for EXCELLENT mods and I would be more than happy to support them in the end.

****I'm not sure if anyone read/noticed/cared about a previous post I made a few days ago, but just in case it went unread/unnoticed, I'll repost it.

After a lot of back and forth, I have decided to make it official and have thrown my name into the running to be elected as the candidate for the ABC Party, and potentially the next moderator of WrestleZone Forums.

I have openly stated since the beginning that I am interested in becoming the moderator of the Video Game and Technology section. This is the transparency that I will be bringing during the entire election process. If you are not interested in seeing your elected candidate in the position of VG&T moderator, and would like the candidate to moderate another section of the forum, then there are a near limitless number of talent within this party that deserve your support.

The number one reason for me becoming a supporting member of the ABC Party, is the deep well of talented posters, many which would make for an outstanding moderator on this forum. If I am not selected as the candidate, I have no doubt that the person who has been selected, would rise to the task to improving their designated section, and in turn, the forum as a whole. The ABC Party will have my support and devotion until the very end.

I would like to be the man placed in charge of that section for two reasons:

1 - As of right now, that is the section that I visit the most, and the section that I am most passionate about. I have always been extremely interested about wrestling, TV, movies and video games, and love the opportunity to discuss all facets of each with anyone, but right now, it is video games and technology that carry the most weight in my life.

2 - I believe I would be the best person for the position. No disrespect to Dagger or anyone else, but if you don't think you are the best suited to run the section you are most interested in, you should not run for candidacy, but instead be a vocal supporter for the person who you feel would be better.

The comment I made earlier about "not seeing Dagger as the mod for the VG&T section" was not made out of malice, but rather self-confidence. I have no intention of putting down another poster and member of this party during this election process because as I have already mentioned, the level of talented and committed posters in this party is great and I have a high level of respect for many, not only within this party, but throughout the entire forum.

How could I improve the Video Game & Technology section?

While discussing what they would do to each specific section, if they were made moderator of the section, most commented that the VG&T was in good shape. I disagree as there is now, more than ever, a lot of room for improvement.

There have always been a number of dedicated posters who post in the VG&T section, whether it be creating a thread and opening post to kick off the discussion, or to contribute to a thread with an intelligent, thought-provoking comments to help carry the discussion. But since the departure of Lee as the sole moderator of that section, there has been an increase of spam posts that often not only add nothing to the discussion, but sometimes even entirely stop the thread dead, ending any momentum that was being built. This is the main problem with the VG&T section as of now - the amount of spam post that are being built up and burying the quality post. This is the number one issue that needs to be addressed.

Quality discussions are taking place in the VG&T, but they often focused on a specific game and while that does provide an excellent starting point, I would like to see more threads that cover a wider area of gaming, that can provide more diverse discussion. Rather than seeing mainly threads on individual games, I'd like to see threads that provide posters with a wide range of commenting, like I did with my 'Essential PS3 Games' thread.

Even when I'm away from the forums, I often think of thread ideas that could potentially stir up discussion. I literally have a notebook in my locker at work that has hand written notes of ideas for opening posts of threads that I would like to create and hope to do so in the very near future. (This seemed less nerdy before I typed it out.)

For the past two years, I have been apart of a very successful tournament to crown the "Best Video Game Ever." These tournaments would continue to be an annual event once a year, but I can't see why we can't hold monthly discussions were we stand two comparative games side-by-side, and determine which is the better game.

While I might not be one of the most frequent posters in the section, I am a frequent visitor and I believe that my comments within the section represent a "quantity over quality" approach. I'm driven to creating and maintaining discussion, rather than boosting my post count and rep.

The biggest weakness that I have going into this election is that I am not able to be on WrestleZone forums everyday. Family and work will always take precedence in my life over WrestleZone. While I try to log onto the forums as much as I am able to, I may not be able to post and contribute to it as much as I would like. Even with that being said, with the current amount of traffic that takes place in the VG&T section, I am still confidence that I would be capable to maintain an enjoyable area for posting within it.

I have always enjoyed my time on this forum and have had the privilege to discuss a number of topics with a number of posters that I respect. I enjoy reading the thoughts, ideas and comments from many posters here to gain a different perspective on things. I truly believe that WrestleZone is the best wrestling forum on the internet, and that is solely due to the amount of talented posters that contribute to it on a daily basis.

My campaign is based on my belief that by bettering even one section of the forum, you better the entire forum. This election is a win-win scenario for me. If I am chosen as a candidate for the ABC party, and selected to become a moderator, I will work to improve and better the VG&T section. If I am not the member to be chosen, the selected member will be qualified to improve the section he or she desires.

The Video Game & Technology section doesn't need a lot to improve, but out of all of the sections on WrestleZone, I believe that it needs the most improving, and I would like to be the man to lead the charge in making it a better place. By improving one section, you improve the entire forum.
tl;dr

I'll be marking this down in my black book as "smoke and mirror tactics."

Wow, the amount of bitching thats going on......this is EXACTLY like real politics.

Nice attempts David French. Desperate acts. Very desperate acts.

That's what I've been saying! We have the talented posters to create and drive discussion, but the VG&T section is becoming bogged down by spammy posts, that it's turning potential posters away.

Hence why it desperately needs a moderator. Even if one does not come as a result of this election, it needs one.

You look to throw me under the bus for not being available 24/7, but it's cool for you to not always be available?

I never said that. I said I log on at least once a day and would make my section(s) my top priority rather than debating in other sections of the forum.

I have priorities in life that are above this forum, and whether or not I win, isn't going to change. My family & work will always come first.

We all have priorities in real life (or at least most of us do) that are more important than the forum. My faith is #1. Second is my marriage. Third is my job. 4th would be my puppies. Finally then we have my "me time" which is made up of watching wrestling, playing video games, or goofing off on here. I have the time available to log on each day but I understand having more important things going on. Believe me, I do.

I log on and post when I can and I think if you go back and look at all of my post, it's quality over quantity - the term "Daggering" a post exists for a reason.

Yes it's no big secret that I like to post. I'm not out to get the highest post count around here though. I know for a fact that I will never catch up to KB unless I somehow got ten times as much spare time, which is never going to happen between working full time and being married. I just enjoy posting. I like to generate discussion, and is that not the entire purpose of a forum to begin with? :)

Then let's here it. If you are elected, what section would you choose to moderate. Everyone else who is interested in winning has openly declared what section they would choose, but you.

I narrowed it down to WWE, TNA, Movies, and Video Games. If Sly or KB need me to narrow it down to only one by a certain timeframe then I will. See, unlike others who are playing up one or two strengths I am keeping it shown that I have several.

Let's make an analogy to video games since we are both gamers. You have warriors, rogues, and mages who are proficient in strength, dexterity, and intelligence respectively. Then there are classes who are skilled everywhere. They can cast spells, fight in melee combat, AND disarm traps. I consider myself like one of those types of classes I just described. I post in nearly every section rather than limiting myself to one or two.

My point is that as a poster who posts everywhere and has such a wide range of knowledge when it comes to the endless list of things we discuss here, I would be a good fit to moderate no matter what section I am recruited to become mod for.

If I absolutely HAD to narrow it down further, I will knock it down to two. WWE for wrestling or Video Games for non-wrestling. Yes WWE has 3 mods already but the busiest section could always use an extra hand, or if any of the three wanted to jump sections then they can tag me in to replace them. Video Games needs a mod more than any other section and I have kept the section alive. The only difference would be gaining the power to maintain it and infract. TNA or Movies would be fun too and remain secondary options for me to fall back on. We do not have to pick a platform until we secure a nomination under our party as the one going up against Coco or La Resistance, from what I recall though.

I believe that I am the best person to moderate the VG&T section but I don't imagine that I'm a name that's "famous" enough to make it to the end. Because of this, if I do not have enough votes from this party, I will gladly back a number of members from this party that would make the best mod for the forum. Habs, Killjoy, Gunslinger, and Mitch or Theo if they are interested would all make for EXCELLENT mods and I would be more than happy to support them in the end.

The strongest member of our party will rise up in the end. If it is me then I hope I will have your support. I want this opportunity and have for a very long time. I want to improve this forum, and together as a team the ABC Party can do that.

A vote for Dagger Dias is a vote for someone who loves posting at this forum and is willing to put in the work to make it the best it can be.

Just because you post all over doesn't mean you're one of the best. I'm not in this party, but I'd definitely choose Merk. Quality > quantity always applies and while Merk doesn't have lots of posts, he does post quality.

Just because you post all over doesn't mean you're one of the best. I'm not in this party, but I'd definitely choose Merk. Quality > quantity always applies and while Merk doesn't have lots of posts, he does post quality.

And Dagger doesn't? I'm not saying either are better than the other but saying Dagger doesn't post quality posts is horseshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back