The NEW Ask a Forum Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a policy question.

As a deterrent to spamming, would it make sense to "mark" spam posts that have resulted in a warning or infraction?

It would involve a bit of public shaming, but I think we're all big boys and girls here.

I just got an infraction, and I'm not trying to argue with the ref. I sort of reacted "Wait, _I_ got infracted, while all kinds of people post one-line crap?" Calmed down a few seconds later, and decided that maybe they got infracted/warned too.

So I edited my post that got the infraction with green text saying "Infraction! Don't let this happen to you, clownmonkeys!"

MAybe I should go back and add that the infraction was for spamming.

I'm making the suggestion, there could easily be reasons that it's a bad idea. I'm just curious, and trying to contribute.

I have a policy question.

As a deterrent to spamming, would it make sense to "mark" spam posts that have resulted in a warning or infraction?

It would involve a bit of public shaming, but I think we're all big boys and girls here.

I just got an infraction, and I'm not trying to argue with the ref. I sort of reacted "Wait, _I_ got infracted, while all kinds of people post one-line crap?" Calmed down a few seconds later, and decided that maybe they got infracted/warned too.

So I edited my post that got the infraction with green text saying "Infraction! Don't let this happen to you, clownmonkeys!"

MAybe I should go back and add that the infraction was for spamming.

I'm making the suggestion, there could easily be reasons that it's a bad idea. I'm just curious, and trying to contribute.
While I understand what you're saying, we have made it very clear what the rules on spamming are around here.

A lot of times we delete the posts that are spam anyways.

Question regarding streams....

Tonight, the WEC is going to be running an event free on Versus. They're usually very exciting cards, and hopefully we get a good turnout for the LD.

However, there's an issue going on with Versus and Direct TV where the channel is no longer being aired on the service, but there are going to be people who would definitely want to watch... especially when the main event is a Featherweight Title Match.

Is it alright to go ahead and post a stream for those who are affected by the Direct TV/Versus squabble?

Question regarding streams....

Tonight, the WEC is going to be running an event free on Versus. They're usually very exciting cards, and hopefully we get a good turnout for the LD.

However, there's an issue going on with Versus and Direct TV where the channel is no longer being aired on the service, but there are going to be people who would definitely want to watch... especially when the main event is a Featherweight Title Match.

Is it alright to go ahead and post a stream for those who are affected by the Direct TV/Versus squabble?
No.

Even if it is on Free TV, the TV station is a paid service. By providing a stream, it still would be a situation where a paid service is being bypassed.

So the log in prob sucked. Viewing the forums as a guest just isn't the same, especially when you want to search for something and have to answer the spam question. But it did give me a chance to check things out that I never noticed before, which leads me to my question.

At the bottom of a forum page there is the Quick Style Chooser menu to choose which skin you want the forum to be displayed in. Pretty much the same thing in our UserCP options. When I change between WZ Fixed and WZ Liquid I don't see a difference. I did a search of all open forums using the keywords "Skin, Fixed, Liquid" and couldn't find anything about changing skins.

My questions are - - - Does anybody else share the same problem with changing skins?

Is there a thread or a FAQ thread where this issue is discussed?

Thanx

Try going to the bottom and selecting liquid. it makes things much wider and covers a lot of the red space. Fixed leaves things with a lot of space on the sides.

So the log in prob sucked. Viewing the forums as a guest just isn't the same, especially when you want to search for something and have to answer the spam question. But it did give me a chance to check things out that I never noticed before, which leads me to my question.

At the bottom of a forum page there is the Quick Style Chooser menu to choose which skin you want the forum to be displayed in. Pretty much the same thing in our UserCP options. When I change between WZ Fixed and WZ Liquid I don't see a difference. I did a search of all open forums using the keywords "Skin, Fixed, Liquid" and couldn't find anything about changing skins.

My questions are - - - Does anybody else share the same problem with changing skins?

Is there a thread or a FAQ thread where this issue is discussed?

Thanx

The "Fixed" skin sets the forum width to an absolute (800 pixels maybe?), and the "Liquid" skin stretches the Forum display to cover most of your monitor, regardless of your resolution. So, if your monitor resolution is 1280x1040, then the forum will be approximately 1200 pixels wide.

If your monitor resolution is set at 800x600, then you probably won't notice a difference in the skins.

τδιγλε;1522308 said:
So, has there ever been any discussion in the Board Room on us having shout boxes?

Yes, and it's never, ever going to happen. Would take faaaaaaaar too too much time and space.

τδιγλε;1522308 said:
So, has there ever been any discussion in the Board Room on us having shout boxes?
Yes

1) Not our decision, nor could we install it

2) Will never happen due to the strain it would put on the server

3) What's the point of having a chat box, when the whole forum is a chat spot?

τδιγλε;1522308 said:

What are shout boxes?

From looking at the replies to τδιγλε's question I would assume he means a live chat. But I never heard "shout boxes" being used to define a chat.

Try going to the bottom and selecting liquid. it makes things much wider and covers a lot of the red space. Fixed leaves things with a lot of space on the sides.

The "Fixed" skin sets the forum width to an absolute (800 pixels maybe?), and the "Liquid" skin stretches the Forum display to cover most of your monitor, regardless of your resolution. So, if your monitor resolution is 1280x1040, then the forum will be approximately 1200 pixels wide.

If your monitor resolution is set at 800x600, then you probably won't notice a difference in the skins.

Thanx guys for the quick response. I have my monitor set to 1280x1024, after reading your replies I see the difference between the 2 skins. I had assumed there would be a difference in color and font style. The expression "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me" couldn't be more true. I blame Winamp.

Anyway thanks again and just for the hell of it I use WZ Liquid, and have 20 posts per page.

SIDE NOTE - - - I'll tell you what, not trying to kiss ass or anything but you mod's on here are def on point with responding to our questions. Don't fcuk it up....holla

I'm looking to make a post asking the members of the forum for some help in finding some interesting wrestling articles or information. Such as some behind the scenes articles or interesting things that have happened in wrestling that people may not know about. Things such as the Montreal Screwjob, Fingerpoke of Doom, events such as those, that have more to the story.

Where could I post such a topic?

I looked through the Rules and FAQs, so if these answers are in there and I didn't see them I apologize.

My first question is, is there a page I could look at that would teach me how to do spoiler tags, post videos, links behind pictures, links behind sentences,ect.

My second question is how many pages back is it until its not approiate to bump a thread, I have seen many old topics that I would love to post in, but don't want a infraction and I don't want to make a duplicate topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I looked through the Rules and FAQs, so if these answers are in there and I didn't see them I apologize.

My first question is, is there a page I could look at that would teach me how to do spoiler tags, post videos, links behind pictures, links behind sentences,ect.
It's called BBCode. It's in the FAQ.

I know what green rep and red rep is, but what's the greyish-blue colored rep?

The grey rep means that the poster who gave you that rep (whether it be positive or negative rep) doesn't have enough posts/rep themselves for their rep "power" to actually be worth anything. Grey rep has no effect on your reputation number.

I'm looking to make a post asking the members of the forum for some help in finding some interesting wrestling articles or information. Such as some behind the scenes articles or interesting things that have happened in wrestling that people may not know about. Things such as the Montreal Screwjob, Fingerpoke of Doom, events such as those, that have more to the story.

Where could I post such a topic?

I actually have a few of these threads up in the Old School section. Feel free to browse them and leave responses if you so desire. Matter of fact, I have a comparison of which event had the longer lasting impact, Montreal Screwjob or Fingerpoke of Doom. Feel free to peruse the section.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

To get Rep Power, you need to be repped by people until your Rep is high enough to count for one point. I think that might be 1000 rep. After that, you get 1 Rep Power.

Actually, once you get to 30 posts and have positive rep, you will get your first rep point.

Why isn't there an ask a question thread in the Independent and Foreign Wrestling forum? Can one of the mods create it? I have a question to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back