What finisher would hurt the most?

TheGamea

Pre-Show Stalwart
What finisher would hurt the worst???

Simple question we all know that the moves are done “with as little impact as possible” or done to a degree that the person receiving it does not get HURT, but if caution was thrown to the wind or a person did incorrectly what finisher would do SERIOUS damage to an opponent?

Past or Present???

The Piledriver is well known for breaking necks and shortening careers if performed incorrectly....Austin has never been the same after suffering the neck injury from Owen Hart's Piledriver.

Apart from that, and any aerial moves that can cause nasty injuries if done wrong, CM Punk's GTS would cause devastating damage if he actually hit you in the face with his knee. It could cause broken nose, cheekbone, jaw, eye socket etc. That is a brutal move if Punk ever botched it.

the pedigree

kids have actually done some serious damage to others while pretending to do this move

the piledriver is a sure shot fatal move if done over-correctly or incorrectly.

all elbow drops r very painful be it in the gut or on the chest

some ppl would say the superkick. but i do mma and a front kick like tht to ur face or lower chin doesnt hurt as bad as a kick frm the side of the chin to just below ur ear. any area over there hurts like hell when kicked

Suprised no one mentioned the brainbuster. You're elevated in the air then dropped ubruptly on your head/neck. That can kill you....

I would have to say any sort of piledriver. Not just because of what it did to Austin, but anyone being dropped on their head and neck wont be recovering straight away.

Very Dangerous move

A Powerbomb could aslo do the same (at least to the neck) if not done correctly.

Another that springs to mind...Is the Bonzai Drop. Yokozunas finisher...especially in his later run with the WWF. He was seriously over weight and if he actually landed on you, your air would be sucked out of you like an open hole on a space shuttle.

EDIT - and the Brainbuster...cant believe i forgot that. That would hurt.

Plain and simple, a super kick or the Sweet Chin Music. Easiest of them all, but done correctly and in full force, with no storyline intented, will break the freakin face

The GTS, great way to win an actual fight.

Pedigree is the worst, serves only to drive your own testicles into your stomach

I would say the Big Show's KO Punch, considering his size and the fact he had boxing training (meaning he probably knows how to throw a decent punch).

If actually preformed the Skull Crushing Finale and Kill Switch would seriously hurt.

A Yoshi Tatsu style head kick is devistating, I've been knocked out by one.

A botched German suplex could also hurt.

Plain and simple, a super kick or the Sweet Chin Music. Easiest of them all, but done correctly and in full force, with no storyline intented, will break the freakin face

it is extremely tough to do a front face kick as high as the chin with full force. i doubt even shawn michaels cud do it with front force.

a kick to the side of the face (not head, face) hurts way more than ur chin. tht cud knock u out and break ur jaw. and a broken jaw frm the side is worse than broken teeth. and trust me i speak frm experience.

and its not at all easiest of all. first being precise, then keeping balance, and then full on force. veeeeeerrrrry hard to do

Another choice would be something like the Walls of Jericho/Liontamer, if performed incorrectly and with too much pressure on the back....serious serious damage right there.

To be honest, any wrestling move if done badly can injure the recipient. Others I can think of include the German Suplex, DDT, any kick, burning hammer, and any one of the crazy 'driver type moves from Indie wrestlers which look unbelievably dangerous.

The piledriver...it is just asking for a serious head, neck or spinal cord injury. I always thought Chris Sabin's Cradle Shock looks really nasty too, and if his opponent slips, he could really do some damage.

The Border Toss Hernandez does is a dangerous one too. Doug Williams nearly crippled himself, it looked like Hernandez threw him ok, but Williams oversold a little. If Hernandez is a little off with his throw, whoever is taking it is basically helpless to do anything. Looked like Williams over-rotated a bit and took the landing on his head. If both men aren't on the same page, that could end a career.

I think the Glam Slam is a very devastating move and it looks like it could reaaaaally hurt! I also think that Justin Gabriels move would hurt like no other along with McCools, Punks, and HHH's finishers

I'm a little confused about what specifically is being asked here so I will answer both questions.

If we are talking about a move performed with the intent to hurt someone, then I woiuld go with the piledriver. A person could easily die if someone really wanted to hurt someone with the move. A broken neck could do all kinda of damage.

Now I will answer the question how I originally interpreted it. That is a finisher performed to look devastating but not really wanting to hurt them. In that case I have to go with the razor's edge. (or whatever Sheamus is calling it now) With most finishers, there is plenty of opportunity for a wrestler to protect themselves. Moves like GTS and sweet chin music could really hurt but both usually miss by quite a margin. The razor's edge provides no opportunity for someone to protect themselves when they hit the mat. They hit the mat head and neck first. I would never want to take that move.

Shooting Star Press

We all know what happened when Billy Kidman fucked it up on Chavo, it was a pretty errie sight watching the replay. Kidman's knee literally squashed Chavo's head and he suffered a severe concussion.

Of course that was just Kidman, he never really had that move down perfectly IMO. Someone like Matt Sydal does it perfectly.

Also, John Morrison's Starship Pain. I remember he unintentionally broke Rey Mysterio's nose about a year back, he also once crushed CM Punk's face with it on an episode of SD but didn't do anything serious. But I still remember it, looked brutal.

I have been hit by a few moves that actually 1. connected badly and 2. hurt like a bitch.

Powerbomb: The fact that you sometimes actually have to lift your self up along with the user of the powerbomb can hurt you back but rarely. However this can be a big fuck up. I kept my arms out one time and it was a Batista Bomb and my elbows connected woth both of my friends knees I also fucked up and landed on his balls.

Another was a springboard swanton from my friend who as he did it went to far and hit my upper leg muscle which hurt like a bitch, the fact that the match was also a submission match made it even worse and since I couldn't go on we ended it quickly.

Tombstone Piledriver: I've been hit by it but correctly but I'm sure it would hurt like a bitch if both the user and victim messed up.

The final move I'm surprised no one's mentioned it. The Shining Wizard. The last time I saw one I was sure I was dead, it connected right against my skull and I'm surprised I wasn't knocked out, it really does hurt no matter how hard you try and get rid of the pain it just won't go. I'm sure however Tombstone would hurt the most.

Piledriver aside.

I'd say Test's Big Boot. A running kick to the face by a powerful 6'7 guy like test was, can't get any worse than that.

[YOUTUBE]P-sPV-n213Y[/YOUTUBE]

Lesnar's F5 was a very painful finisher too. If I remember correctly, back in the day, some wrestler's were complaining about that move. I'll also add goldberg's spear to that list. All I gotta say is DAMN!! the guy was a pure beast.

Honorable mentions: HHH's Pedigree, HBK's Sweet Chin Music, Taker's Last Ride, Rhyno's Gore, Benoit's Crossface, Orton's Punt.

I cant believe anybody said it yet. The F-5. Seriously think about brock lesnar doing that to you. Im pretty shure you would end up in the trauma center in no time.

For submission Crippler Crossface, i was in a fight once and got put in it, separated my shoulder, Or the figure four. Easily can break your tib fib or your ankle.

It can be a variety. But Piledriver and Brainbuster are devastating. Also the Shining Wizard could KO you. Any Strike finisher is deadly, anythng dropping you on your neck, or back, so I'm thinking anything. FFS Santino's Cobra if hit with enough force could kill you, so I'm sure alot of moves not done right could destroy your life.

Easy... the Canadian Destroyer. If that went wrong in any way, it would leave devastating injuries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOufaLiNwrg

Agreed, the first time i saw Petey Williams do that move, i thought there is no way that the other wrestler is not crippled. Another move that can be dangerous is the Razor's Edge, because the other wrestler is sent crashing down on his head/back and can't do nothing about it.

I would say the pile driver type moves are the worst...especially the tombstone. I remember two instances, one with owen hart on austin, and larry zbysko on some runner on WCW, where they broke their opponents neck. if it was any worse, they could've been paralyzed or killed.

GOD Y CANT ANYBODY READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS !!!!!!!!!

the superkick/aka sweet chin music/ aka any frigging kick to the front which will more than likely hit ur chin is not as painful as a kick to the side of the face (NOT HEAD, FACE). basically ur cheek, SIDE of the chin, beside ur nose, and under ur ear where ur jaw starts.

please notice tht boxers get knockouts mostly by punching the side of the face.

THTS FOR A DAMN REASON.

im not saying u can get kicked in the chin and ul be fine and dandy but it looks much worse than it actually is.

I think any kind of submission maneuvers would hurt like hell - sharpshooter, walls of jericho, ankle lock, etc. if done right. It's miserable to be held in that position while knowing you don't wanna give up.

Any kind of splash damage from the top rope would hurt as well, those 720 dives, frog splashes, etc...

But if I had to pick one move, it's definitely the GTS on the face. I can't believe the WWE still allows this move.

The lion tamer. Not the walls of jericho, which is basically a boston crab, but the old style lion tamer, where he puts his knee in your back, and bends your neck sideways. this always looked painful and gave you nowhere to run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back