What finisher would hurt the most?

Bottom line....Jeff Jarrett's the Stroke!! Bar None (okay...so I'm having a stroke just typing that).

As a kid, a friend of mine and I wrestled (wwe style, not high school) and he put the figure four on me.....goddamn...I thought it was gonna break after 3 seconds. Maybe I was a punk back then but...still...it messed up my knee for the rest of the evening.

I think any submission move could be seriousy pailnful. Things like the crossface would surely cause damage to the neck and shoulder if applied.

Any one of Super Dragon's Psycho Drivers would have my vote. Very dangerous looking maneuvers. Also going to go with Jay Briscoe's J-Driller.

I also imagine any move like a German or Dragon suplex delivered from a high angle could be fatal or vitally damaging. Both give very little opportunity to protect oneself.

Any finisher that has someone being dropped on their head is obviously going to be the most painful and dangerous if it goes wrong. Just look at the Styles Clash gone bad, a pile driver gone bad, even HHH did an early Pedigree and smashed someone on their head. All of these look horrifying when gone wrong and can and have caused broken necks.

Other than these I think the Gringo Killer and Border Toss are very dangerous moves.

Personally I don't see how someone can get a boston crab or sharpshooter wrong. If you apply it correctly yes it would hurt your back but it is nearly impossible to botch.

Finally after watching Trish botch her handstand thing at EC, that would hurt not only her own neck but her ego as well. Yes she will be training new WWE stars, I fear we may get more a few more Lacey Von Erichs with that training. :rolleyes:

canadian destroyer - so devastating.

figure four on the steel ring post from the outside- (bret hart) if actually performed for impact this could destroy your knee.

codebreaker - if full impact from both knee to face connected....wowza

a vader moonsault - ouch

ankle lock- kurt angle- could just break it period.

My personal favourite finishers that would probably hurt a lot:
-Canadian Destroyer- A variation of a piledriver that includes a spin?! 'nuff said.
-Cradle Shock- Sabin does it nicely, especially considering he's in the X Division which is mainly full of wrestlers of smaller stature but nevertheless if even slightly botched onto the receiver's head... *gulp*.
-Gringo Killer- EPIC finishing move but very very dangerous if botched
-Any piledriver or throw- Ranging from the Undertaker's *pathetic* tombstone piledriver (I say that because Undertaker does it with the opponent's head about a foot from the mat... atleast make it look real) to Hernandez' border toss.
-Most submission moves- My personal favourites are the ones which I think would hurt the most if done legitly; Crippler Crossface and Liontamer.

I'd have to say, Sheamus' Celtic Cross or whatever its called, because even watching Hernandez do it on TNA the other night, whoever does it, if you throw the opponent the wrong way, the person lands on their neck at the wrong angle....SNAP!! The neck is broken. To me, it doesn't appear that there is a 'good' way to land when being thrown from an angle like that. I know finishers are supposed to make an impact and hurt, but damn.

Another one that looks pretty...EEKK to me, The Last Ride, for similar reasons as stated above. Then some others would include Ankle Lock, for fear of ankle being broken. I'd also say anything that includes jumping off the top turnbuckles, because if you see that video of Psycho Sid when he jumps, and the person moves, and his leg breaks completely in half, if that doesn't do it to you to NOT do anything like that, then I don't know what will.

I'd also say that any submission moves. Like Walls of Jericho, STFU, Sharpshooter, or Crippler Crossface would be something a bit scary. I did put a friend of mine in the Crippler Crossface and he was freaking out after about 30 seconds. So I would say those would be the most feared to me, or looks the most painful.

I'm a little confused about what specifically is being asked here so I will answer both questions.

If we are talking about a move performed with the intent to hurt someone, then I woiuld go with the piledriver. A person could easily die if someone really wanted to hurt someone with the move. A broken neck could do all kinda of damage.

Now I will answer the question how I originally interpreted it. That is a finisher performed to look devastating but not really wanting to hurt them. In that case I have to go with the razor's edge. (or whatever Sheamus is calling it now) With most finishers, there is plenty of opportunity for a wrestler to protect themselves. Moves like GTS and sweet chin music could really hurt but both usually miss by quite a margin. The razor's edge provides no opportunity for someone to protect themselves when they hit the mat. They hit the mat head and neck first. I would never want to take that move.

you had the question right upon the first answer, I want to know what finisher hurts the most or what finisher would do serious damage if done incorrectly….

Sumone said the skull crushing finale…that is the exact move I was thinking of when I thought of this post (and I know ima little biased) but I know ppl don’t dig the miz as a wrestler but I thought if he were to mess up that move esp. doing it on a briefcase the consequences could be SERIOUS…

I think one of the most painful would be Morrison's running knee. (It it a finisher? Well, it has finished a couple of matches lately) That finisher is definitely more realistic than his Starship Pain, anyway.

The Vertebreaker. Not only does it look completely devastating, but it's also probably the easiest wrestling move to botch if one of the wrestlers executing the move does something wrong. The impact, if the receiver doesn't tuck their head and lean forward, would basically be dropping you on your head. It could break your neck pretty damned easily if not done correctly. Such a brutal move, but it's beautiful when it gets done correctly.

I would say the Randy Orton punt; that could legit kill someone. Also; the Tombstone could definetly break a neck or cause the skull to be crushed. (pun not intended)

The most dangerous move in all of wrestling is the Attitude Adjustment :D because kids are copying a mental patient and thats not good.

Seriously the most painful that i think would be the piledriver, i think the Styles Clash or whatever it is, dangerous because of what could happen if the person isnt protecting themselves.

I think that just about any wrestling move or finisher can be dangerous if actually used. If I had to choose just one move as the most dangerous and most impactful, I would choose the piledriver. By piledriver, I mean any type of one (tombstone piledriver, Owen Hart piledriver, etc.). Piledrivers can destroy your spine and stuff. Also, I know that the GTS and the Walls of Jericho are can be pretty nasty as well. The GTS could screw your face up real bad and the walls of Jericho can freakin screw up your back. I think that Carlito's backstabber is pretty hardcore as well.

The Ankle Lock is pretty painful.Me and my friend were in a wrestling match(WWE not high school) in a submission match and he got me in one with a grapevine.I reached the ropes but I thought i was gonna break easy.My friend even heard my ankle crack.I ended up winning that match with a sharpshooter.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Chokeslam.If they can get you up and slam you properly that could hurt your back.

The first move I think of when it comes to looking like it would hurt like a mother fucker is the border toss by Hernandez. The guy has no respect for the wrestlers in the ring with him and if you need proof just look at the border toss given to Douglas Williams on last thursdays impact.

Second would be the cradle piledriver by Jerry Lynn. Everytime I've seen him hit that piledriver it looks fucking brutal, for that matter every piledriver looks vicious being driven head first onto your neck can't fell very nice.

Diffinitly the piledriver would hurt the most if done poorly. I also think the pedigree would hurt alot. And any powerbomb prolly hurts alot, no matter who does it.

Any Knee, Kick Or punch to the face so codebreaker ,GTS or show's knock out punch ,619 any of them would hurt like mad but i think the one that could cause the most damaged is the piledriver, could cause serious damage to the neck or head.

Definitely the Piledriver and any variation of it such as Tombstone. If done correctly/wrongly (dunno which word is proper in the pro-wrestling context), it could actually paralyze and ever worse, kill someone.

On a funny note, judging by the way the Rock sells the stone cold stunner, you'd think it was the most painful finisher of all.

Um, The Worm/ Five Knuckle Shuffle/ People's Elbow anyone? LOL!

Surprised not many, if any, have mentioned The Last Ride. That move looks ugly ! Very high elevation and instead of landing with your back/ lower back first, like a regular powerbomb, it's possible to land neck/back on your head first. Ouch. And because the move is performed in two separate steps (Taker lifts you up, gets you in position), Taker seems like he can drop you much harder than say, a Jack-Knife Powerbomb that is done in one smooth move.

Other than that, I would say The Pedigree, or a Piledriver looks like it would do the most damage. As far as hurt the worst, those two wouldn't because they would probably kill you outright in performed with malicious intent. I think that Goldberg's Spear would hurt the worst. He's probably traveling upwards of 20mph when all of his 280 crushes into your ribcage. And the way he does it, he takes your legs out from beneath you at the same time, so all of the force is concentrated in one area.

Are we talking about moves in which you could actually pull off without your opponents' assistance, or any finishing move?

If it's any finishing move, performed with your opponents' assistance, done for maximum impact (for some reason), it would be the sit-out piledriver. There's a reason it's banned in the W, he's in his mid-40's and he walks around like he's missing three vertebrae.

If we're talking a move which you could perform on someone without their assistance, then it would be the 'cross armbreaker', known to the rest of the world as an armbar. The way Del Rio performs it is more for show- bounce an arm around like he does while you're performing an armbar, and your adversary is going to slip his arm out when you lift it- then proceed to crack you in the face with it from full mount.

Well, i guess that 450º Splash look painful, even when Gabriel is doing it, and we all know he dont perform it with full force, he actually gets hurted, so has the guy who was delivered...

And the other one, has to a be for me, a stupid DDT, i mean, if doing on a rock ground and with full force, that can actually kill you, or doing some several brain damages!!

AWWWW!! And the crippler crossface, as the armbar and ankle lock hurt like shiit!! believe me!!!!

The first move I think of when it comes to looking like it would hurt like a mother fucker is the border toss by Hernandez. The guy has no respect for the wrestlers in the ring with him and if you need proof just look at the border toss given to Douglas Williams on last thursdays impact.

Second would be the cradle piledriver by Jerry Lynn. Everytime I've seen him hit that piledriver it looks fucking brutal, for that matter every piledriver looks vicious being driven head first onto your neck can't fell very nice.

I agree that The Border Toss by Hernandez looks painful, but to say that he has no respect for his opponents is silly. Hernandez has done the move in TNA since he has been there ( at least 4 years) and it was the first time it looked akward. By the way it was said that it was Williams that oversold it.

Other than that, I would say The Pedigree, or a Piledriver looks like it would do the most damage. As far as hurt the worst, those two wouldn't because they would probably kill you outright in performed with malicious intent. I think that Goldberg's Spear would hurt the worst. He's probably traveling upwards of 20mph when all of his 280 crushes into your ribcage. And the way he does it, he takes your legs out from beneath you at the same time, so all of the force is concentrated in one area.

Just ask Bret Hart how much it hurts and I'd believe that. Also the piledriver(in any form) looks like it hurt like fuck and a punt to the head ala Randy Orton

The Spear must be one of the more painful moves to take. Someone hitting you full force in the abdominal area and your ribs is going to hurt no matter how experienced you are in taking the move, and a slight move to either side can result in broken ribs easily.

Someone like Goldberg or Rhino who hit their move so powerfully could quite easily cause alot of damage if they connected with their shoulder to the ribcage or stomach. They need to be very careful when performing the move.

Also, has anyone seen Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. I know Tyler Recks' move is called that too, but this is the original....and ALOT more deadly. It could quite easily break your neck and I am really surprised it hasnt ended the career of someone. It is a brutal move, which is why it has only ever been performed 7 times- getting Kobashi the pinfall on every occasion.

[YOUTUBE]JMSvT_poYAg[/YOUTUBE]

I also found this version of it, performed at an indie company onto a chair. Now THAT can end your career!

[YOUTUBE]yZ-GhU1A7o4[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back