Falconsault

You know Norcal, I hadn't honestly thought about that. And maybe we could have some M240B's or some M203 tubes too, just for times we're bored?

Snyper, I'm Air Force, and I'm Supply, so I was only in Iraq for 4 months. I was probably on the verge of a second tour, as my cycle had come back up, when I got my orders to be stationed in South Korea for 12 months. This is my second 12 month tour in the ROK.

South Korea is the Republic of Korea, it's refered to as the ROK, their Air Force is the ROKAF, pronounced ROCK-AF.

When I was there some areas it was real bad, the Baghdad area is the worse really. In norther Iraq there's a base called Balad, which as become to be refered to as something to the effect of Bombed Alot. A friend of mine went there and he came back telling me that they were bombed so much that if you were in your tent asleep and the sirens went off you grabbed your vest and helmet, put them on and roll back over.

This friend of mine is also being forced out of the Air Force now because of a severe case of PTSD.

I was in southern Iraq, we didn't get bombed but maybe four times in four months. But it's still pretty traumatic to see the fire splash of a bomb that lands just outside of tent city no more than 2,000 feet away from your position at night. Or to be in the DFAC (dining facility) on Christmas Day night and hear the loudest boom you've ever heard because a bomb landed in the power production yard and cut off the power to half the base because the sharpnel turned a fuel truck into swiss cheese.

If anything, the media doesn't show everything that happens over there, and that is a wonderful thing, if they did, I imagine this war on terror would be even more like Vietnam was.

South Korea is the Republic of Korea, it's refered to as the ROK, their Air Force is the ROKAF, pronounced ROCK-AF.

When I was there some areas it was real bad, the Baghdad area is the worse really. In norther Iraq there's a base called Balad, which as become to be refered to as something to the effect of Bombed Alot. A friend of mine went there and he came back telling me that they were bombed so much that if you were in your tent asleep and the sirens went off you grabbed your vest and helmet, put them on and roll back over.

This friend of mine is also being forced out of the Air Force now because of a severe case of PTSD.

I was in southern Iraq, we didn't get bombed but maybe four times in four months. But it's still pretty traumatic to see the fire splash of a bomb that lands just outside of tent city no more than 2,000 feet away from your position at night. Or to be in the DFAC (dining facility) on Christmas Day night and hear the loudest boom you've ever heard because a bomb landed in the power production yard and cut off the power to half the base because the sharpnel turned a fuel truck into swiss cheese.

If anything, the media doesn't show everything that happens over there, and that is a wonderful thing, if they did, I imagine this war on terror would be even more like Vietnam was.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thats were I went everytime dude :lmao: good ol Balad. good times

I feel for you man, my roommate came back and was fucked up. Some Vietnamese that lived in our neighborhood set off some fire crackers a couple weeks before the Fourth of July, he was asleep on the couch and I was playing some video game. The fire crackers went off and he dove off of the couch and started crawling for his vest and helmet before he realized I was laughing at him.

I was Ali Base when I went.

I feel for you man, my roommate came back and was fucked up. Some Vietnamese that lived in our neighborhood set off some fire crackers a couple weeks before the Fourth of July, he was asleep on the couch and I was playing some video game. The fire crackers went off and he dove off of the couch and started crawling for his vest and helmet before he realized I was laughing at him.

I was Ali Base when I went.

I did Balad three times, all added up for about 7 months total.

I also have resided at Bagram, Afgahnistan 3 times. Whooooo

I was a flying crew cheif. so

flight medic-mechanic-SP-load master-full grown adult babysitter

all rolled into one. good tiiimes good times.

Ah Flying Crew Chief that explains all the deployments.

Korea isn't bad really. Next FY they are probably going away from 12 month tours to 24 month unaccompanied tours and 36 month accompanied tours, making Korea a normal overseas tour rather than a short tour.

I was here in 2003 and things were kind of dumpish, but in five years things have grown greatly, plus the food here is 10 times better than it is in the states. The McDonald's here is fucking amazing. You know how McDonald's burns their english muffins at breakfast, here there is no burning of the muffins.

And there is nothing better than Asian food from Asia, sooo good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back