WZ Tournament Ask A Question Thread

Are all the matches supposed to take place on the same night?

For example, if Undertaker had a match against Kurt Angle in the semi final, won, and then faced HBK in the final, would the damage he took against Kurt Angle be taken into account?

Thanks

How did hogan get a 2 seed? At what round should I get nervous about Hogan losing in ridiculous fashion?

Seriously, though, glad to have this back, this is usually my favorite part about these forums even though I feel HOgan gets short-shrifted all the time.

Why is there a need for regions and arenas? They add very little to the debates as most just ignore them. Their purpose seem to be to make the titles real long and unpleasing to the eye.

Two things leap out at me right now, after looking at the final poll for the HBK/Roode match-up.

1.) Shawn Michaels won this match-up by a total of 101 votes.

2.) This poll received 141 total votes. 121 of them went to HBK. Has this ever happened before? I mean, has this many votes ever went to any one Wrestler before? Much less from a first round match-up, or anywhere else in previous tournaments?!

If there has been such a case I'm not aware of it. The polls are in the archives if you want to check.

Are all the matches supposed to take place on the same night?

For example, if Undertaker had a match against Kurt Angle in the semi final, won, and then faced HBK in the final, would the damage he took against Kurt Angle be taken into account?

Thanks

I believe that the Semi-Finals and Final are based on the same night in terms of the tournament. No other match needs to be referenced in any match-up before that round. However, when the final comes around, feel free to mention the damage that someone has taken in the semi-final if you wish.

We base our voting off of kayfabe right, i'm still not exactly clear about that??

A lot of people like to keep it kayfabe but then a lot of others like to reference what a tough SOB Austin was or how well Brock is doing in a legitimate fighting situation. You draw your own line and say what is necessary to get your chosen superstar over.

How did hogan get a 2 seed? At what round should I get nervous about Hogan losing in ridiculous fashion?

Seriously, though, glad to have this back, this is usually my favorite part about these forums even though I feel HOgan gets short-shrifted all the time.

Hogan always does well in the tournament. This year will, likely, be no different. It wouldn't matter if he was a 2 seed of a 32 seed... He would still be kicking major ass!

Why is there a need for regions and arenas? They add very little to the debates as most just ignore them. Their purpose seem to be to make the titles real long and unpleasing to the eye.

It keeps everything more organised. There is the simple answer.

Instead of having 32 matches on the first page in only the first round, we split them up so that we can keep a handle on them better and it doesn't confuse that many people.

Also regarding the time between matches, you should assume one week has passed between each match until the final three rounds which will have 8 people remaining.

The matches and seeds were basically picked at random through a draw form the hat. KB, the admin, picked all of the superstars from a hat and the seeds were already in place to ensure that the "meatier matches" take place away from the first rounds.

i know u guy's hate me aND talk to me like a 2nd grade school kid but could some1 send me a personal message and let me know when the voting for round 3 start.
Please try not to be so mean about it also.Also my brother tried to start an account and he said he cant have 1 because i do. is that true.Please let me know ASAP

Are you going to provide a list of gimmick and mega gimmick matches before Round 3 starts?

Sorry missed this yesterday.

What I think I'm going to do (and I haven't decided this yet) is list all of the matches and have a few days for debate. Then I'm going to open them up four a day as I have before. You'll know the gimmicks when the threads are posted which will be two days before voting begins. Threads will go up Thursday and voting will open Saturday/Sunday.

i know u guy's hate me aND talk to me like a 2nd grade school kid but could some1 send me a personal message and let me know when the voting for round 3 start.
Please try not to be so mean about it also.Also my brother tried to start an account and he said he cant have 1 because i do. is that true.Please let me know ASAP

It'll start this weekend.

for each matchup, both wrestlers are pictured. For all these wrestlers, they have a picture from their career at one point or another, generally they are posed pictures used for promotional purposes. This is true for seemingly all but 1 wrestler.

Why in the blue hell is Hulk Hogan pictured talking on his cell phone at a pool in a speedo, in a Paparazzi-esque photo? Obviously this early in the tournament, it won't matter because he can easily defeat any of the lower seeds, but once he starts getting into the big-time guys, such a degrading picture will hamper him from getting a fair chance.

The following picture would be perfect, as it depicts Hogan from the time of his greatest success:

HulkHogan.jpg

for each matchup, both wrestlers are pictured. For all these wrestlers, they have a picture from their career at one point or another, generally they are posed pictures used for promotional purposes. This is true for seemingly all but 1 wrestler.

Why in the blue hell is Hulk Hogan pictured talking on his cell phone at a pool in a speedo, in a Paparazzi-esque photo? Obviously this early in the tournament, it won't matter because he can easily defeat any of the lower seeds, but once he starts getting into the big-time guys, such a degrading picture will hamper him from getting a fair chance.

The following picture would be perfect, as it depicts Hogan from the time of his greatest success:

HulkHogan.jpg

It's Hulk Hogan. He'll be fine.

And I find it funny.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I hope someone can answer it anyways.

In the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar match, I need some clarification. Does everything go in the match? By that I mean if they are allowed to use weapons?

Also, while I'm asking things, another thing that needs clarification which Shocky brought up is if a wrestler can beat another wrestler into submission? Or do they have to make them tap out?

Can the Sting vs Mick Foley cage match be won by pin or submission or is it escape only?

And a question that matters even less, is it the old school blue cage, or the steel mesh cage that is used today?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I hope someone can answer it anyways.

In the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar match, I need some clarification. Does everything go in the match? By that I mean if they are allowed to use weapons?

Also, while I'm asking things, another thing that needs clarification which Shocky brought up is if a wrestler can beat another wrestler into submission? Or do they have to make them tap out?

Technicaly it's no dq but they wouldn't be used.

Passing out would count as a submission.

Can the Sting vs Mick Foley cage match be won by pin or submission or is it escape only?

And a question that matters even less, is it the old school blue cage, or the steel mesh cage that is used today?

What part of escape only is unclear?

Either or.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back