Royal Rumble 2016 General Discussion & Aftermath Reviews

Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?

• Roman Reigns

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• The Undertaker

• Triple H

• Dean Ambrose

• Seth Rollins (Miracle Return)

• The Rock

• Kevin Owens

• Triple H

• Ryback

• Bray Wyatt

• Cesaro (Miracle Return)

• Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love your Cody Rhodes idea. It could almost even be a like a Mick Foley appearance. Cody comes out and gets eliminated, then later Stardust comes out.

The spot i'l love to see and never been done before:
#29 enters and there only him and one other guy in the ring, they eliminate each other and whoever enters #30 to the empty ring declared the winner...#30 guy must be popular or shoking enough though.

mine would be buff bagwell shane o mac rvd.

my last to would be lesnar and have sable come down with him and haymen and then straight after marc mero just to see how brock reacts to sables ex being in the ring with him:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'd like to see a completely unexpected winner for once. The Rumble comes down to Reigns, Lesnar , Wyatt and Cesaro and Cesaro shocks the world and body slams Lesnar over the top rope. I think the arena would go nuts for that. Cesaro has been getting some major fan reaction lately, even more than Reigns and Ambrose.

I'd like to see a completely unexpected winner for once. The Rumble comes down to Reigns, Lesnar , Wyatt and Cesaro and Cesaro shocks the world and body slams Lesnar over the top rope. I think the arena would go nuts for that. Cesaro has been getting some major fan reaction lately, even more than Reigns and Ambrose.

I would love to see that too, but Cesaro is no where near the main event scene right now, but that can change.

If Daniel Bryan does show up in time for the Rumble, and doesn't win, then we'll have the same shit happen that happened for the last two years. So keep him out of it, bring him back afterwards. He already has a rematch for the title and doesn't need a Rumble win. Neither does Reigns for that matter.

So someone unexpected would be nice, but doubtful the WWE will do it.

mine would be buff bagwell shane o mac rvd.

my last to would be lesnar and have sable come down with him and haymen and then straight after marc mero just to see how brock reacts to sables ex being in the ring with him:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

He's not 12. Seeing his wifes ex from almost 20 years ago is not going to suddenly make him angry or insecure. :shrug:

Here's my top 5:

1) Goldeberg!!! Bill Goldberg returns to wreak havok at the Rumble.

2) Daniel Bryan!! If Bryan's healthy by WM time, then he should definately be a suprise entrant in the Rumble match.

3) Rey Mysterio!! One-time deal, huge pop and some cool spots.

4) Samoa Joe!! Joe makes his debut in the Rumble match and actually reaches the final four.

5) The biggest suprise and winner, The Rock!!

My five surprises for the Royal Rumble 2016 are:

Honorable mention, Ric Flair - I know he's retired in the WWE, but if he wasn't, I'd like the Nature Boy to walk down the aisle, stylin and profilin one more time.

Hulk Hogan - I know what he did, but he's still one of my favorite SuperStars of all time. I may not like Terry Bollea the person, but I'll always love Hulk Hogan the character. I don't want Hulk Hogan to win the Royal Rumble in 2016, but it's going to take a lot of SuperStars to eliminate him.

Kurt Angle - There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about a Kurt Angle WWE return. I'd love to see the Wrestling Machine come back and win the Royal Rumble for the first time. That's how you enter the WWE Hall of Fame!!

The Rock - It would be nice to see the Rock come back and enter the Royal Rumble. I wouldn't want to see him win it, but I'd like to see him at least in the final four.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Now this would be the greatest in ring return in the history in in ring returns. I also don't want to see him win it, but I'd like to also see him at least in the final four.

Chris Jericho - He is my favorite Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer of all time!! If Kurt Angle isn't going to win the Royal Rumble, then I'd love to see Chris Jericho win for the first time.

My five would be:
1. Kurt Angle-he is only there for a one night only deal.
2. Chris Jericho-not much of a surprise.
3. Samoa Joe-his time is now to come up to the big roster.
4. Another NXT guy, The Rock or Shane McMahon.
5. Daniel Bryan-this is his in ring return.
Dean Ambrose wins the Rumble to go onto WM32 to fight Roman and Seth in a triple threat match for the Title.

The spot i'l love to see and never been done before:
#29 enters and there only him and one other guy in the ring, they eliminate each other and whoever enters #30 to the empty ring declared the winner...#30 guy must be popular or shoking enough though.

The perfect opportunity for that was in 2012 when Jericho returned and did silent the promos. He should have won the Rumble that very way. Instead they gave the win to Sheamus with Jericho runner up. :banghead:

My 5 in order of it actually happening

Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan
Rey Mysterio
Kurt Angle
Finn Balor

Unless Daniel Bryan is winning it I wouldn't have him anywhere near the match or have him return until after the PPV. Otherwise Royal Rumble 2016 ends the same way as the 2014 & 2015 editions ended. I wouldn't book Bryan to win the Rumble either as I think he needs to take it easy for a while to make sure his head injuries aren't going to resurface.

So I'd go with

Kurt Angle - He can still go, the pop would be huge and he could legit hang in there for twenty mins no problem. Could set him up for a farewell match at Wrestlemania and a Hall of Fame induction?

Christian - One night deal as, again, he can still go, would get a great pop and it would give his fans a chance to say goodbye.

Bobby Lashley - The guy looked sharp in his recent TNA run, still looks like a hoss and it would give the WWE a chance to reminisce about Donald Trump being part of Wrestlemania as the GOP primaries begin.

Shelton Benjamin - If there is a God than this will happen and Benjamin will get another run with the company.

Magnus - Not as big a name as the other four but he'd have his fans from TNA plus the Rumble normally has a sizeable British attendance. Plus, the guy has some great upside and is only 28 so he's worth giving a shot to on the main roster.

1. Samoa Joe. Nice opportunity to introduce him to the WWE roster.

2. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. Nostalgia sake, the guy will get a pop from the crowd, plus I want to hear that entrance one last time.

3. Terry Funk. I know, the guy is ancient, he'd likely be the oldest guy to enter a Royal Rumble.

4. Shelton Benjamin. A nice Rumble meeting between Shelton & Kofi can't be bad.

5. Papa Shango. Again for nostalgia. Shango vs The Wyatts.

I've been saying for months that it will be Brock Lesnar. He is WWE's top guy right now even if he is only available on certain dates. Lesnar will be announced as an entrant a week before the event. He doesn't even have to show up on Raw..Heyman could announce it. Brock Lesnars road to the WWE championship begins again. Much like the way he did it in 2003.

I've been saying for months that it will be Brock Lesnar. He is WWE's top guy right now even if he is only available on certain dates. Lesnar will be announced as an entrant a week before the event. He doesn't even have to show up on Raw..Heyman could announce it. Brock Lesnars road to the WWE championship begins again. Much like the way he did it in 2003.

They already did that storyline in 2014 minus the Rumble win though.

I think it will either be Brock,Roman,or Cena. Either way it goes Roman will either be champ or Rumble winner and he will be facing either Cena or Lesnar in the passing of the torch.

The last two Royal Rumble Matches were really predictable, but I sense this year's Rumble is going to be really exciting because there are more than two possible winners.

If they add Brock Lesnar to the match, he'll probably by the odds on favorite to win the match and get his rematch against Roman Reigns. If they add Daniel Bryan, there's a real shot that the WWE lets him re-ignite his feud with the former Shield's enforcer. And we still have John Cena and Dean Ambrose as far as possible top contenders to main event alongside Roman Reigns.

Really, if you imagine a top 4 with those four names, you would be glued to the screen because everyone could win. I hope that it is Dean Ambrose, because he deserves a shot at a top spot. He's over with the crowd even though the booking has been shit for him and he just needs to be given the ball. You may say he simply isn't ready for that high-value match up and you could probably be right, but if WWE books it properly he could easily be the most natural over babyface in that event.

But in reality, if any of the four men win, I'll be satisfied. I think there's no doubt Roman Reigns will be WWE Champion by then and he deserves it.

With talks of a Taker/Cena feud at Mania and now with Rollins out his eventual feud with HHH will probably have to wait till WM33 making the HHH/Rock (Austin as ref) match more likely.

There are 2 matches i hope WWE lock in for Mania and that is Bryan/Owens, with Owens getting a clean win and Reigns/Lesnar II, with Reigns getting a clean win also.

Thats 4 big matches that can carry themselves without being for the WWEWHC title. That being said, if Ambrose is to ever get a shot than him winning a 30 man royal rumble maybe just what he needs. Question is who will have to challenge for the belt and im afriad, this is probably where Mr MITB comes in...

That really dont leave many slots on the card tho. Still missing Ryback, Orton, Ziggler, ADR and possibly Sting as well.

Since Rollins is injured, I'd have to go with Brock. Brock winning the RR would be huge for ESPN and social media. Brock vs. Reigns (c) II, Rock vs. HHH w/Stone Cold as referee and Taker vs. Cena would be a great WM.

Knowing the idiot fans there are I wouldn't be surprised if the Royal Rumble Match gets hijacked for a third year in a row considering the fans crapped all over the 2014 event just because Batista won it even though Daniel Bryan was kept out of the match and the reason for that was because not only did he wrestle a match earlier on in the night with Bray Wyatt but didn't Bryan suffer an injury in that match? So it wouldn't have made sense for Bryan to be in the 2014 Royal Rumble Match let alone win it

As for 2015 the fans crapped all over it just because their idiot favorite Daniel Bryan didn't win it so what? It was Bryan's own fault for not winning the match because he was stupid enough to get on the apron which allowed Bray Wyatt to eliminate him

Just like how the fans will crap all over this Rumble just because Daniel Bryan either is not in it or he gets eliminated from the damn match which is why the fans will ruin it regardless of if a babyface or if a heel wins it

That is why I hope WWE has a heel win the Rumble because at least with a heel superstar winning then it isn't really a huge loss

I'd imagine some combination of John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and Roman Reigns are going to main event Wrestlemania, so that likely means one of those three will win the Royal Rumble.

As far as fans "hijacking" the Rumble, it's possible if Cena or Reigns win it, but I'd think it's less likely than the last two years, where specific circumstances led to fan backlash. In 2015, Bryan was returning and crazy over, and Reigns just wasn't. In 2014, Bryan was crazy over and wasn't even in the match. Basically, both were due to Daniel Bryan not being pushed on that particular night. Unless there is a surprise Daniel Bryan return this year, that scenario won't repeat itself.

And, in the case of Brock Lesnar winning the Rumble, I don't see a fan backlash, even if Daniel Bryan were involved. Lesnar is such a unique case that the people who love him, love him, and the people who hate him, hate him, pretty much regardless of how he's booked.

IF, and this is a big IF, neither Roman Reigns or John Cena are involved in the WWE Title match at the Rumble, perhaps the smartest move would be to have those two be the final two in the ring. That might be enough to split fans in favor of the eventual winner, though I doubt such a scenario will happen.

So with all the high profile injuries in WWE at the moment and the Rumble not that far away I was interested in people's opinions on who you would like to see win it and of cause go on to main event Wrestle Maina?

I'd like to see Bray Wyatt win it as I don't think he's ever picked up a really major win to date and with the help of the Wyatt family it could make for a intriguing angle in the Rumble and leading into Mania. The only issue being how it would fit into the Title picture as I can see Reigns finally winning the WWE Title at Wrestle Mania.

Lesnar.

There is no one else over enough to believably win and go to the main event of Mania and make it feel huge. Plus, fans will actually WANT to see Lesnar dominate in the Rumble and win. And on top of that, it's the most realistic and quite frankly, the only logical thing to do with him at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back