The 2009 WZPTT, Finals: HBKlunder vs. fromtheSam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that no one really won it, I'm pretty sure I actually complimented you on it, I'm pretty sure that yet again instead of being mature, you've managed to look like a whiny little twat that has nothing better to do than try to make yourself look better.

I think that I kept saying the same thing the entire time, and the general consensus was we'll know who is right in a few years.

No I won't chill on the Oden stuff. He's injured every month and at this rate is worth about twenty bucks.

You went from this, claiming very much that he was worthless and would amount to nothing.

He'll be a slightly above average big man. I didn't say he wasn't talented, just that he would never live up to this massive hype he got.

To saying he'd be an above average player in the league.

My issue with this is others have gotten the same hype and thrived in it. Guys like Matt Ryan, Tim Duncan, Derrick Rose, etc. Oden was billed as the best prospect in years and he can't even play a full season. When he plays he's good, but no way is he worth what he's getting paid.

To saying he's good when he plays.

Am I lost, or does KB not know what the hell he's talking about? :confused:

I just love this one.

In a nutshell, you went from calling Greg Oden a no-talent hack that would never amount to anything to saying that he's good when healthy and would be above the average for a center in the league. I'd say that's some back-peddling if I've ever seen it. You lost.

As I apparently didn't drill into your head enough last week:

HE GETS HURT TOO FUCKING MUCH TO WARRANT HIS SALARY.

Did I make that clear enough for you, or do you need it broken down into something with hand puppets?

I still don't think Oden will be a great player, but I wouldn't call him a bust. He's a big man who needs time to develop.

I still don't think Oden will be a great player, but I wouldn't call him a bust. He's a big man who needs time to develop.

The part that's he's not showing, although I'm sure he'll come running at even a glimmer of showing me up, is that the conclusion I came to was that as of now, Oden is a bust. he could grow out of that, but as of now he's an average player that gets injured far too often and isn't nearly living up to his hype.

He got hurt once and had to play through some stuff stemming from that this year. Big deal. He'll be fine. Everyone gets injured. Because A-Rod is out right now, are you saying he doesn't deserve his salary. No, that's stupid. When you sign a guy, you don't expect injuries.

I'm going to revert to my Shaq argument. He gets hurt a shit-load. Does he not warrant his salary. KB, injuries have nothing to do with it.

He got hurt once and had to play through some stuff stemming from that this year. Big deal. He'll be fine. Everyone gets injured. Because A-Rod is out right now, are you saying he doesn't deserve his salary. No, that's stupid. When you sign a guy, you don't expect injuries.

I'm going to revert to my Shaq argument. He gets hurt a shit-load. Does he not warrant his salary. KB, injuries have nothing to do with it.

A-Rod doesn't deserve his salary if he's not playing. You don't get paid when you don't go to work do you?

Once? Let's see. He missed all of last season, and 1/4th of this season with different injuries. Yes I blieve that is two.

And when Oden is the most dominant player in the league, a lock for the HOF and has won 4 World Titles, I'll be quiet about his injuries. Until he's accomplished something significant, he's overrated..

You can't say anything about his salary. Dwayne Wade is the heart and soul of his team. The man is never healthy, and has missed a lot of time due to injuries, but I wouldn't say, he doesnt warrant the Big Dollars.

You can't say anything about his salary. Dwayne Wade is the heart and soul of his team. The man is never healthy, and has missed a lot of time due to injuries, but I wouldn't say, he doesnt warrant the Big Dollars.

Two differences though: not hyped to hell, and he's won a championship.

not necessarily, didn't you just say you shouldn't get a huge salary if you don't play? Wade is constantly injured. Yes, when he is on, and healthy, imo he is the best player in the game. He just takes it up to a whole new level, and imo was robbed of an MVP award. He carried a shitload of nobodies to the first round of the playoffs, and almost to the second round. He was also highly praised. not as much as Hinrich, James and company, but that was because James was a beast, and Anthony just came off of a NCAA championship, and Hinrich was a runner up. But Wade was still the best SG in the game coming out. So, yes he was highly praised.

I'm not going to argue with you, but you sounded like a hypocrite when it comes to a players salary.

I'll use the good old Steelers thing. Ben Roethlisbrger won the SB in 2005, only playing in 12 games, and finishing like 11. So should he have been issued his whole seasons salary, plus his bonuses for post season performances?

When Wade was out injured, no he should not have been paid for those games. What I meant was, the criticism for him should be less as he's been more successful.

As for Ben, I would say that games he was in uniform and able to play in, referring to the games taht he didn't start, he should be paid. If you're able to play and are ready to go in, then you should be paid. If you're incapable of playing, then you shouldn't be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back