WWE Region, Dallas Subregion, Second Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (17) Eddie Guerrero

Who Wins This Match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Eddie Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Dallas Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas

url

233292-hulk_hogan___flex_american_super.jpeg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

eddie_guerrero_display_image.jpg

#17. Eddie Guerrero

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Tough draw for Eddie. Over-rated dead guy vs the greatest of all time? No brainer.

There's no scenario I can think of that would put Eddie in his prime over Hogan in his. Wouldn't even be a PPV level match.

This might be an even easier win for Hogan than the first round was. This could be a fun match with Eddie bumping like crazy for Hogan and beggin for mercy durning the hulk up, but I don't think the outcome is in any doubt. Hogan in another blowout.

Um yeah, a vote for Eddie Guerrero in this match is pretty much an admission of being a stereotypical IWC Smark. In no way ever was Eddie Guerrero a better professional wrestler then Hulk Hogan. Eddie Guerrero was nothing more then a flash in the pan main eventer for the career midcarder. If you tuned out for a minute, you missed his WWE championship run. Eddie Guerrero was a damn fine wrestler, but he's completely outclassed and outmatched here. Hogan in a squash.

Eddie G was a fantastic wrestler. Absolutely one of the best when it came to his overall ring work and charisma. However, he is facing Hulk Hogan. Eddie in his prime was cheating, cowardly heel. Hogan in his prime ate cowardly heels for breakfast. Hogan's accomplishment and his career overshadow anything Eddie did in his career. I love yeah Eddie, but Hogan is taking this one.

Hulk Hogan + WWE Region + heel opponent = Hogan win.

This formula is as close to being an incontrovertible law of nature as you can get. In his prime, Hulk Hogan was the unquestioned master of the WWF, the ultimate face, who simply didn't lose to heels. EVER. Hulk Hogan in the WWE region enjoys probably the single greatest home court advantage of any wrestler in any region, in any year. Eddie Guerrero has no chance.

I didn't even have Eddie making it to this round, but lets be serious here it is no squash. Eddie was one of the best In-Ring performers. There is no doubt that he is a better tactician then Hogan. Take into consideration that the only time a heel ever beat Hogan they would have to Lie, Cheat, Steal their way to the victory.

With that being said I'm not voting for Eddie, its to early in this tourney to get rid of THE IMMORTAL Hulk Hogan.

but give Latino Heat some credit its no squash.

I am a huge Eddie mark, but even I can't go against Hogan in this one. The gap in their size and popularity is too much for Eddie to overcome.

Eddie Guerrero was entertaining enough, but he was never seriously a main eventer. Hulk Hogan on the other hand was an institution to drawing. Hogan has Guerrero beaten in just about all possible categories and gets this win.

Real American vs. Eddie Guerrero

Eddie couldn't even lie, cheat, or steal his way to a win here. Eddie G. was a amazing wrestler, but he is up against Hulk Hogan. A challenge only top seeded individuals could defeat. Eddie has no chance.

Bad draw for Eddie man, I wish I can make an argument for him because he is one of my favorites of all time but there's no way I see him beating Hogan here. It be pretty entertaining though. Eddie would try to cheat a couple of times maybe even do some hilarious reactions to Hogan Hulking up, but Hulk Hogan takes this.

As much as Hogan's let me down the past few years, no one touched Hogan in drawing power, big match performance, and promos.

Eddie Guererro was good. Very good. Against Hogan? Wouldn't be a match for the Hulkster.

Hogan's going to run wild all over Chyna's ex boyfriend. BROTHER!

Everything goes against Eddie in this one and its a shame! I think he could take hogan in a match, but not in this kind of competition! I'd almost consider abstaining from a voting but that would chane anything anyway! Hulkamania runs wild, eddie loses to a leg drop (see even typing that felt ridiculous.)

Eddie gets my vote.

1.) Because it doesn't matter. Hogan's going to win.

2.) I don't like Hulk Hogan. I never liked Hulk Hogan. I don't care if we're talking 80's "Real American", Hollywood Hogan, or Mr. America, brother...

3.) Eddie Guerrero is one of my all-time favorites. Over-achieving midcarder? Sure. But had he not met an untimely death I have no doubt we would have seen several more World title runs and a lengthy time atop the company with the big boys.

So as long as it doesn't matter, I'm voting for the guy I like over the guy I've never been able to stand. In a technical match-up, there's no way Hogan wins. In a battle of speed, Hogan doesn't win. In a battle of charisma he might win, but if you look at all the little things Latino Heat puts into his character, it's still an extraordinary close battle. Throw just about any gimmick (Submission, ladder, etc.) on this and Eddie takes it.

I agree with everyone - in an actual WWE match, Hulkamania would ensue and Eddie would fall to the Leg Drop. But let's not pretend it's because Hulk Hogan is a better or more entertaining in-ring wrestler, it's 100% because he was never booked to lose.

Hogan gets my vote.

1) Because it doesnt matter, Hogan is going to win.

2) I love Hulk Hogan, I've always loved Hulk Hogan. I dont care if we are talking 80's "Real American", Hollywood Hogan or Mr. America Brother. . .

3) Eddie Guerrero was decent enough, over achieving mid-carder, for sure, I have no doubt that had he died he'd have had at least one more title run (it was confirmed, although probably bollocks) but not really a lengthy run, eventually fed back to Batista.

So long as it doesnt matter, I am voting for the guy that was awesome instead of the guy that was likeable. In a technical match up, Hogan would win just the same as he would in any other match up, because there is no such thing as a technical match up, wrestling is wrestling and all styles are allowed. In a battle of speed, Hogan would still win the match, this isnt a 100 metre sprint. In a battle of charisma Hogan dominates, he oozed charisma, Eddie was entertaining while he was jibbering Spanish, if you look at all the little things Latino Heat put into his character, Hogan still dominates. Throw just about any gimmick (submission, ladder, etc.) and Hogan still takes it, HE CAN CLIMB A FUCKING LADDER YOU KNOW!

I agree with everyone, in an actual match of any kind, Hulkamania would ensue, sorry endure, and Eddie would fall to the leg drop. This is because Hogan is both a better and more entertaining in-ring performer than Eddie Guerrero, lets not pretend otherwise.

Three fucking people voted for Eddied Guererro? Are you god damned serious? What motherfucking twisted, smarkalicous criteria could you POSSIBLY even begin to fashion into logic that justifies voting over Hulk Hogan here?

People like you ruin this tournament. and the human gene pool. DIAF.

While I think Eddie was better than a lot of people who call him overrated give him credit for, he isn't as good as what a lot of the IWC remembers him as. Its a classic example of a guy who died while his career was still going being overrated.

That said, prime Hogan would never lose clean, and probably never lose period to a guy like Eddie. He is too small and doesn't have the best look. Eddie may steal one here or there if they had a feud, by lying, cheating, and stealing some wins, but Hogan would go over in the end

Eddie.

Here is a fun logic: An Unstoppable Brock beat Hogan, Eddie beat A Departing Brock!

Ammirite?

Can I get a hallelujah?!

(Sigh)

Ye Hogan will win, blah institution blah revolutionized industry not once but twice, ye.

Would be a fun match though. Man Eddie would freak out when Hogan would Hulk up.

Lousy draw for Guerrero as this is definitely as far as he goes. While Eddie was VASTLY more entertaining to watch inside a ring than Hogan ever was, the fact is that he's still going against THE Hulk Hogan.

We all know what Hogan's meant for pro wrestling, we all know how huge of a star he's been and we all know how dominant he was. There's just no scenario that I can read that's going to convince me that Guerrero would get past Hogan in his prime.

Eddie Guerrero could have beat Hogan. Eddie was a highflyer and could have cheated and stole the title from Hogan because he ... lol I'm just shitting, Hogan wins easily.

The only caveat to this is if WWE had a purpose to their madness, like having Taker beat Hogan a week before a PPV for the title (to have Hogan win the title back) or having Slaughter beat Hogan for the title (to have Hogan win the title back) or having Warrior win the title (to have Hogan... wait 10 years to get revenge?). So it's not a given that Hogan wins, he's suspectable to a loss if it were good for the business. But losing to Eddie would never have been good for the business.

Hogan. By leg drop. 16 minutes.

I like Eddie but come on now...this is Hulk Hogan. Its going to take a special guy to beat Hulk and Eddie just cant hang here. Hulk's power will prevail along with his recovery ability. Hulk wins easily and quickly.

I don't dislike Eddie Guerrero. He was a great in-ring performer, but so was Hogan in his own way, and if that's the only thing people can bring to the table to try to get him over here well it's just a sorry affair.

Guerrero. I'm just always dubious of people who you can't see greatness in from the very beginning. He's just one of those guys... had he never had that wonderful gimmick, he might never have got over because whilst he had charisma, it just wasn't on the same level as those top guys. Nobody defines charisma like Hogan, as soon as he was chosen, you could feel he was going to be something special, it was almost inevitable. Eddie could have churned out 4 star after 4 star match and been an afterthought for years to come.

It's just a classic case of death making a guy overrated. Same thing applies to Owen Hart, Curt Henning and others. Had it not happened when it happened, I firmly think people would be remembering Eddie as a good champion, an otherwise he's become a great one. Hulk Hogan was great, he was one of a very small class of greats that Eddie was not a member of. Hogan wins here in typical fashion.

Very simply put, this is very good vs. great. Guerrero had a great career and put on some fantastic matches, and there is no shame in losing in this thing to Hulk Hogan. Just can't make any realistic argument for Guerrero. Was he a better technician in the ring? of course. But wrestling is wayyyy more than that and Hogan's career simply engulfs Eddie's.

Vote Hogan

I am really surprised that Eddie has gotten 20% (14/70) of the votes so far.

I don't see any way in which Hogan loses to Eddie in a WWE ring. If this match was in Mexico, perhaps Eddie would have a chance. Overall Hogan's achievements easily over-shadow Eddie's. I love Eddie, but Hogan will easily beat him.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

I opted to vote for Eddie, much for the same reasons Killam did. I really enjoyed Eddie and even during the eighties/early nineties when I was a kid I was a Randy Savage & Ultimae warrior fan more than a Hogan fan.

My vote is irrelevant either way so I'm voting for Eddie because I want to be awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back