WWE Summerslam 2015 - The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar

Obviously I'm pumped for this match, and I don't understand how anybody can't be. After BG (literally before the feud started) the response to Taker/Lesnar was about 95% negative... miraculously, after giving the damn feud a chance, opinion seems to have shifted to about 70(positive)-30(negative). These are two larger than life superstars who get the business, so of course we're going to get, at the least, a very good build to this match.

As for who wins, I assume it will be Lesnar walking out with his hand raised. This is Taker's last run and as a true old school vet, I see him going out on his back... at least against somebody like Brock Lesnar. At this point, it just makes more sense for Lesnar to win it as I feel WWE could work around a Taker loss much easier than they could a Lesnar one. I don't see Lesnar destroying Taker though, I think it will be Lesnar's toughest match since he faced Cena at NOC. Ultimately, Taker could come out the next night and act as if this is it for him just to be interrupted by his next opponent whoever that may be, while Lesnar stays strong as the unstoppable Beast.

I feel as if Taker will also wrestle at Survivor Series and he should pull out a win there to set up Taker/Sting at Mania. However, you never know with WWE.

Stop been so difficult. It's blatantly obvious that he is a part time worker. I may be able to accept the notion he was a full time performer if he was there for more than half the televised events but he isn't. Not even close. He has probably given us 6 full months of television since his return in 2012.

Not even close. The Rock is part time. He has another career, and he comes around when he can squeeze it in. Brock is a full time performer that comes around WHEN THEY TELL HIM TO. He's nothing near part time, except that some fans think that amount of days worked as a WWE performer makes them part time or full time.

No No No. I see where your coming from don't get me wrong but your point is more a case of you coming across as been difficult than anything else.

Lesnar works extremely limited date making him part time. If you worked for a company but you only worked 16 hours a week you would be a part time employee. If you worked 40 hours a week you would be a full time employee. Now tell me which bracket Lesnar falls in.

The fact you said HHH is a part time employee is also a ridiculous notion as he is there on our screens week in week out.

Meh. Been there, done that. The only thing that could get me interested in this match is if Taker really does go full heel. Beats Lesnar, and after the match proceeds to beat the living sh** out of him with a chair. Since Brock nearly ended Taker's career, he's going to do the same to him now.

Lights go out for a few secs, and you hear the familiar crow sound throughout the arena. Lights come back on, and Sting is in the middle of the ring, baseball bat in hand. Which then leads to the staredown of the century.

It's an easy feud to book for WWE with the Undertaker returning to avenge the streak that is sure to be a big draw for Summerslam. I'm hoping the Undertaker wins and we get a feel good moment and this feud doesn't drag on until WM 32. There are many other potential opponents for each man and I don't think it's necessary for this feud to continue after Summerslam. Lesnar can afford to take a loss and will likely be off tv after Summerslam anyway so they can build him up again when he returns. Hopefully Taker can get through this without injury and this match lives up to the hype.

I'm really surprised they really went through with Taker returning and going after Brock.

I assume Taker will win and look like a threat again. Meanwhile Brock after the loss takes his annual fall break and returns at the top of next year and look like a threat again.

Agreed the Taker will likely go over Brock perhaps with the help of Kane if the match is no DQ.

Even though it's Brock vs Taker, they've had this awesome brawl and it's hyped up for the main event....I'm still not caring much for this main event. Brock Lesnar has to lose sometime...he hasn't lost a one on one match in what seems like years now. Unless this has some kind of Taker using crazy deadman powers or something insane for an ending it will truly suck. I say that because both wrestlers have lost quite a few edges and don't really put on a great match anymore. IMO this should not be the main event at Summerslam , it should be the match before Rollins vs Cena. Title vs Title for the Main Event. 98 percent sure Cena vs Rollins will have a far better match.

brock at this point in his career is a main attraction everytime I know he is wrestling Im pumped, so he has to win or his win at WM30 will seem like a fluke and all these people who keep bringing up his a part timer blah blah blah give it a rest I bet when the king of the internet darlings CM Punk returns and gets the same deal as brock or even Jericho you want bash the part timers.

Brock will win and I can see Sting screwing taker for some reason to set up a match at WM32

The more I think about this match, the more I want Brock to win. I've always liked The Undertaker but he has never been my favourite superstar, or even close. Brock has a special appeal and all the momentum in the world, he should get the win.

Brock can recover from a loss, of course he can. I wouldn't mind Taker winning but Brock beating Taker is the best option. Then they can go into WM32 with a retirement angle with him being vulnerable. Brock would still be the beast that everyone loves and him beating The Undertaker, again, will only add to his and Heymans act.

I'm not expecting a classic but it will surely be better than WM30. The physicality of this match will be fascinating to see. I doubt this steals the show but it will be epic and I'd predict Brock wins.

If Taker goes over, it has to be in horrific heel fashion. He has low blowed Brock twice now, with commentary highlighting both occasions. Ultimately, and I'm not defending the decision one way or the other, I think Taker wins. He could have a short run as a heel before some confrontation with Sting reminds him of his legacy. (Convoluted, I know, but this is a hell of a thing to book.)

Taker will turn babyface again in January before facing John Cena or Brock Lesnar for Taker's last ride at Wrestlemania 32. If it's Brock, obviously he will viciously attack Taker in February and reposition himself as a mercenary.

Taker goes over, or the loss is used to set up one final double retirement match with Sting at Mania because that would be the only thing that makes sense if he comes up short tonight.

If you came here to read about Sting then I'm sorry for the "click bait" like thread title.

What I really want to know is, if the cameras weren't out of place during the main event and Undertaker was shown tapping on screen with the referee not seeing it, do you think the finish would have had a better flow and not taken you out of the match so much? Would it still be getting as much hate as it has been?

Personally, when the bell randomly rang it took me right out of things. It absolutely killed the finish for me. Had I seen it on camera, it would have made more sense and the angle would have had a better flow overall.

Thoughts?

Why not have Undertaker go over clean and end this rivalry? There's no good way to do that ending.

Reason number 1. The Undertaker has asked Brock Lesnar to retire him. Reason number 2. There is nobody more believable than Brock Lesnar to retire The Undertaker.
Reason number 3. I want to see Aquaman rage all over the forum when that happens. I'm getting tired of him saying Undertaker's career would become worthless if he loses another match to Lesnar.

3. I want to see Aquaman rage all over the forum when that happens

This is for sure the most imortant reason.

Listen kids, the finish at SummerSlam was fine. The did the best ending the could given the fact that Undertaker had to win. The real question is: why did Undertaker have to win?

The answer is: he didn't. The only finish that would be more effective than what they did would be Lesnar actually going over. But for some reason they were dead set on having Taker win by any means neccessarry. Look, we don't need to see another Undertaker/Lesnar match, especially at WrestleMania 32. I would be okay with them having another one at Hell In A Cell or Survivor Series, to give Lesnar the final win, but it would've been much less redundant to just give him the fucking win at SummerSlam.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best angle would be for Lesnar to beat Taker, then have Sting come out the next night on Raw and say that he knows the Undertaker doesn't want to go out like that, he wants to go out giving the fans the last true dream match in wrestling, on the grandest stage of them all WrestleMania 32. Set up Undertaker vs. Sting at Mania in Texas for Taker's last match, then have Lesnar move on to dominate the Rumble and go for the World Title because he's the top guy and he should be in the World Title picture come WrestleMania.

Anytime you hide something important from the audience, it is because you are doing a cheat. In an MMA match, the camera men try to get the best shots they can but it is live so you never know when someone might tap. Even then though, guys don't just randomly tap, they are in some sort of hold so the camera man tries to get in position to catch it. Here, it was used as a cheat - they can bring it up later that at a different angle you could see the tap and keep the story going but for the audience at that point, it never happened so they can be happy when Taker wins. It is wwe making something simple needlessly complex. Personally, I find the whole Taker/MMA thing a little dumb - I get that Mark is a fan but why would Undertaker be so into it? It isn't like wwe is suddenly filled wiht MMA people trying to take over. They want to add realism but it is so out of place.

I liked The Taker vs Lesnar Main Event match at Summerslam, I thought they had a great match considering Taker's age. Wasn't expecting a good match at all and was pleasantly surprised. It's nice to see Brock's invincibility cracked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back