Royal Rumble 2016 General Discussion & Aftermath Reviews

Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?

• Roman Reigns

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• The Undertaker

• Triple H

• Dean Ambrose

• Seth Rollins (Miracle Return)

• The Rock

• Kevin Owens

• Triple H

• Ryback

• Bray Wyatt

• Cesaro (Miracle Return)

• Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I say HHH wins but only adds himself to the rumble on the night after Reigns beats Sheamus. He should than defend it against Sheamus at Fastlane with hopefully a Bray Wyatt interference setting up a LON VS Wyatt feud at WM32. I hope a couple things happen at the rumble tho...

1. Lesnar dominates mid way and clears the ring till Daniel Bryan enters. They both go at it and eliminate the next couple of superstars than DB suprisingly takes out Lesnar with 3 knees in the corner. Lesnar than getting back in the ring and eliminating Bryan, giving him an F5 outside the ring.

2. Finn Balor debut. Hopefully an angle with Kane can be sorted, a Demon VS Demon angle could work especially with Balor's debut and WIN at Wresltemania.

3. A suprise return. I know a CM Punk angle would be good? Maybe Angle or Batista? Just something to entice more fans to the biggest stage of them all.

4. An Undertaker/Sting angle? Maybe Taker announces during the PPV that if he doesn't win he will retire from Wrestling. Once Taker is in the ring on his own, there hits Stings music.

Going into Mania 32, I don't think there is anyone hot enough, whose win at Rumble would be considered a big deal. To be honest, the Rumble win has lost its charm in the last few years, and I don't see it coming back in 2016.

Unless, Brock wins it. Brock chasing the title does make sense but I doubt he faces Sheamus and if it is Reigns again at 32, the build up will be atrocious (or not, hopefully). Truth be told, we don't have a stellar heel champ which is the most important foil for a Brock win.

Best I can say is, do Brock Vs Bryan. I know it is a long shot, but I don't see any other match that really titillates.

hqdefault.jpg

WHY.THE.FUCK.NOT!

The future is hazy. It is hard to believe WWE has intentionally left DB on the shelf without good cause. Their ratings have fallen and their roster is stripped. Also their reputation has never been to err on the side of caution.

As far as the Rumble goes I agree with you. The story has floundered over the last few years and they certainly haven't built anyone this year to "fulfill a lifelong dream".

Lesnar winning would be fine. It makes sense for him to be in the main event and competing for the title. I still like my idea of having the Rumble winner pick a different opponent for Mania, like Cena winning and choosing to face Taker.

But like I said the future is hazy, it is hard to say what is best Mania's entertainment value four months away.

Well, I'd love DB vs. Lesnar personally. It fits, the monster unstoppable heel vs. the super over ultimate underdog. They'd no doubt have a great match too. But Bryan's condition may still be suspect. And Ol' Vinnie Mac is more hesitant and cautious than ever about guys with head injuries. The whole situation is a shame...

The other plan, for me, would be to let Roman Reigns embrace the hate go full heel in a championship win over Sheamus, and then fight a very over Brock Lesnar at WM32. A Lesnar championship reign is more realistic now that he's working more dates. Brock winning the Rumble is the only thing that would work quite frankly. Daniel Bryan would too, and maybe even moreso. But his previous/lingering injuries make him a tough choice unfortunately. Heck, I'd even be completely fine with Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at WM32.

Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan will be awesome sometime next year IF Daniel Bryan can actually go but WWE cannot bank on that being the case for the WrestleMania unfortunately. I think you go with John Cena versus The Undertaker at WrestleMania as "The Main attraction" along Triple H versus Roman Reigns and whoever WWE have planned for facing Brock Lesnar, I have no idea who they have right now aside from Kevin Owens and Sheamus both of which aren't exactly main event attractions especially for WrestleMania 32.

WWE had better hope they have someone credible to face Brock because if they don't, they're going to have to settle for Sheamus.

The only reason Brock Lesnar should win The Royal Rumble is if there's a bigger star as Champion ( no offense to Sheamus ). John Cena or Roman Reigns with the title would draw ten times bigger than Sheamus vs Brock.

On a huge negative side, you know he won't ever win the WWE Championship title again right ? It's pretty obvious. His last run was a mistake as the title was absent from television for months at a time. So having Brock winning The Rumble is cool but... he won't win a title against whomever he takes on. I'd rather Brock in a secondary marquee match at WM 32 than him fighting for a title he's just not going to get.

I have a feeling Vince might want to give Brock VS Reigns another go. I hope that's not the case. Either way, I see Reigns being champ going into Mania. If Brock wins the Rumble and we get this redo in reverse, I can't imagine Reigns being the face.

Set aside Reigns for a second, and Brock winning the Rumble is a good way to not have the crowd reject the winner for the first time in what, 3-4 years. I was at the Rumble in Philly this year and it was brutal. However, people were just in awe of Brock. Highly doubt he'd get boo'd

It certainly wouldn't hurt having him win. I'd love creative to grow a set and swerve us with the winner, however. Half the reason for the boos were because it was just brutally obvious. Owens VS Brock is where I'd like to go with Lesnar, maybe have Heyman then on Lesnar and represent the new "prize fighter" of WWE.

Brock VS Sheamus? Hard pass. Brock VS Bryan or Owens? Fuck it, I'll buy the $60 Ppv for that

Lesnar vs. Reigns turned out to be FAR better than I think anyone was expecting. It was a very physical, hard hitting match that showed that Reigns is actually a pretty tough guy and not just a pretty boy. I could see Vince wanting to go the route of Lesnar vs. Reigns II with the strap on the line but as to whether or not it'd work, I'd probably say yes IF they learn from their mistakes from this year. The build up for Lesnar vs. Reigns for WrestleMania was atrocious, I found myself looking forward to that main event the least of any WrestleMania within the past 10 years. Also, and while this may not be Reigns' fault, at least not entirely, Raw hasn't exactly been knocking it out of the park ratings wise with him as the general babyface centerpiece.

There are potential problems with Lesnar vs. Reigns II apart from needing to work on the build. Some fans are gonna boo Roman Reigns no matter what; it's not really his fault and it's not really even fair when you take into account the fact that he just happens to fit the physical mold Vince prefers and that he seems to be the corporate pick. While it's not necessarily fair to Reigns, as he is someone with some genuine talent, it's something of a reflection of the change of the mind set of a lot of modern fans in that they don't want to be coerced or somehow tricked into cheering for someone just because Vince McMahon likes the way he looks because there are other men on the roster whom many feel are just much more talented from an overall perspective. Forcing another Reigns vs. Lesnar main event for the championship may be treated with a lot of criticism. You also have to consider the fact that Lesnar doesn't really "need" the Royal Rumble win and that this rematch may be met with little enthusiasm because there may be a perceived lack of positive options from the perspective of many fans. If Reigns vs. Lesnar II goes down for the title, the options are obvious with, in my opinion, more of a chance of Reigns retaining than losing. As a result, there are fans who feel they know the outcome months before the match happens just like we saw with Cena vs. Rock II for the strap. If Brock Lesnar wins the title, then Reigns' run will be viewed as amounting to nothing and the bitching about having a champion who only wrestled a small handful of times a year will quickly start up again.

Generally speaking, if Roman Reigns winds up in the main event of WrestleMania XXXII wrestling as WWE Champion or to become WWE Champion, I think a lot of people won't be all that psyched and the same goes for Brock Lesnar. A lot of fans just don't dig Reigns because he's a corporate pick and a lot of fans don't dig the idea of Lesnar as champ again because, due to his deal, we know how it'll turn out; it didn't stop a lot of fans from wanting it in the first place, then griping about it when it happened but that's another story.

If Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle, Lesnar is interested and Bryan is interested, then WWE should heavily consider a match for them. Same thing with Kevin Owens really as, in my opinion, either match definitely has a much fresher, more energetic feel to it than Reigns vs. Lesnar II. If Reigns doesn't beat Sheamus at TLC, I'd be okay with him winning the Rumble and facing Sheamus to win the strap at WrestleMania, I wouldn't be thrilled about it but I'm not convinced that Reigns vs. Lesnar II is the way to go and it'd free Lesnar up for someone else for a fresher program.

WWE needs to create new stars, and pushing Lesnar into Rumble win does not do that. If the idea is for Roman to defend vs Lesnar, and win, it seems strange that the dynamic would feature Reigns as champion and not challenger.

As far as an attention grabbing win, Brock does just that. He has mainstream name rec, he's over, and he looks the part. I feel Brock subtracts a bit more than he adds to the title scene.

WrestleMania 32 will be the third anniversary since the last time Brock was pinned. Losing to Reigns (I am assuming they won't put him and Sheamus together) seems to have been the original plan, but will it work? Can they finally transfer the Undertaker rub? Will the crowd side with Roman if he is still the face?

I like the Brock Rumble win, but only if Roman turns heel, and I don't see WWE going in that direction yet. What if Brock wins the title at Mania? What happens then?

Obviously, Brock can't keep the title for long before he goes off to farm and play dad. What good comes from a one month Reign? Brock going over in the Rumble kind of becomes less a question why not Lesnar, but rather who else but Lesnar?

WWE could completely swerve and bring back Bryan for a third times the charm Royal Rumble W. I've personally been putting on the tinfoil hat now and then which makes me think that maybe WWE have been intentionally keeping Bryan at home to return him after the Royal Rumble. The more realistic explanation that they're erring on the side of caution with his health is more likely, but anything is possible.

Bryan could match up with Sheamus, but then the World title kind of becomes a midcard match, which it likely will be anyway if Cena/Taker goes down.

I feel like Brock should stay out of the title match, he can add to the card outside of that spot. Let Dean Ambrose win the Rumble match. He's not the greatest technical wrestler, but he's a sick promo guy, crazy over, and has history with Reigns. Let Roman recapture the title at the Rumble and feud with Sheamus through Fastlane.

How bout Reigns gets cheated out of title at TLC. Royal Rumble has Fatal 4 Way for title. Say Sheamus, Reigns, Ambrose and Del Rio. Dean dominates the whole match, goes for the win, Reigns pulls him off at 2 and gets sneaky win for the title. RR Lesnar eliminates everyone expect #30 who is Dean Ambrose. Ambrose gets Lesnar outside under the ropes and they kick the shit out of each other all over the arena until finally they get back in the ring. Lesnar finally throws out Ambrose to set up WM. Fastlane have triple threat rematch with Ambrose and Sheamus. Reigns win dirty again. WM Reigns destroys Lesnar to become new monster heel. Sorry Vince, Reigns will not work as a babyface. Ambrose should be the underdog not Reigns

I think a Brock Rumble win would make for some interesting television heading into Mania, but he would have to show up nearly every week for it to be effective and the title would have to be on a bigger name than Sheamus. I wouldn't mind a match between the two, but I really don't want to see a 2 month program based around Lesnar/Sheamus as Mania's headliner.

I can't really think of anybody else that SHOULD win the Rumble, but at the same time I'm not completely sold on Brock. Like I said, if a bigger name holds the title than a Brock win could work, but WWE would be better off using him as an additional selling point for Mania 32. Any Brock Lesnar match is going to gain a ton of interest from people whether it's for the belt or not, so I think it would make more sense to separate him from the title scene from a business perspective.

It still all depends on who's holding the title after the Rumble, but if I had to choose a scenario, I see Reigns winning the belt at the Rumble and Cena winning the Rumble match.

I think Daniel bryan will return at royal rumble and win and the main event will be Sheamus vs Daniel bryan I know it sucks but I thinkthats what wwe will go with,

brock will be in some sort of marquee match but im not sure yet,

the main card will be
cena vs taker
triple h vs regins
sheamus vs Daniel bryan
lesnar vs owens...............maybe
amborse vs Neville vs and 4 others for the ic title ladder match

Going into Mania 32, I don't think there is anyone hot enough, whose win at Rumble would be considered a big deal. To be honest, the Rumble win has lost its charm in the last few years, and I don't see it coming back in 2016.

Unless, Brock wins it.

Could be, which really rots for WWE and it's fans. Of course, having Brock win kills two birds with one stone; since he isn't around enough to properly build toward a PPV, winning the Rumble eliminates that obstacle, giving us all the chance to crow: "Wow! Brock is a monster! He's so superior to everyone else that he can disappear for months, win a battle royale against the whole roster and fight for the world title at WM32. Oh, wow! Oh, boy!"

Second, having Brock win the Rumble takes care of 1/2 of the WM32 main event. As long as they can find a compelling opponent for Brock in April, everything should be okay.

My preference? Let Brock win the Royal Rumble. Let the world title belong to no one by the time WM32 rolls around.......and work it so Brock faces Roman Reigns for the vacant title.

Then, Roman beats Brock, which flies in the face of the 'monster' image Brock has worn since coming back to WWE. That's what I want.

A lot of people want to see Lesnar win the Rumble, but they don't want to see him face Reigns again. That means you have two faces going at it, because there is no way they are going to turn Reigns heel.

Don't want to see him against Sheamus either. So this is a huge problem for the WWE. If Lesnar does win the Rumble, then who the hell is he going to face at Mania?

I think we are in for a swerve. What I think will happen is Triple H will screw Reigns out of the title at TLC and then tell him if he wants a shot at the title again he will have to earn a spot in the Rumble by beating every member of the L.O.N. in singles matches on Raw (besides Sheamus of course.) He defeats them all and then Triple H comes out and tells him theres one more person he has to face one more person at Royal Rumble and tells him "that man is...me!" At RR, Reigns wins and Triple H will make him #1. Reigns will "overcome the odds" again winning the Royal Rumble. Meanwhile Cena will come fight Sheamus for the WWE WHC at RR and win. Kevin Owens will cost Brock Lesnar the RR after being eliminated by him. Undertaker will return the night after and Sting will return immediately after (ala Triple H/Taker in 2011.) Bray Wyatt and The Family will then turn face and set they're sights on taking down the evil Authority. Jericho will return at RR and be eliminated by Ambrose before returning to eliminate him turning heel.

I see it coming now. All these "reports" are meant to swerve us.

At Mania it will be
Reigns vs. Cena (c)-WWE WHC
Taker vs. Sting
Lesnar vs. Owens
Wyatt vs. Triple H-Triple H control on the line
Harper/Rowan/Strowman vs. Sheamus/Rusev/Barrett
Paige vs. Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Sasha -Divas Title
Tag Title TLC 4 Way (including Hardy Boys,Dudley Boys,Uso's, Lucha Dragons (or New Day) )
Ambrose (c) vs. Jericho- IC Title
Del Rio(c) vs. Bryan (or Cesaro)- US Title
ATGMBR III (featuring New Day (or Lucha Dragons) ,Ryback,Show,Kane,Henry,Neville,Mid,Stardust,Goldust,etc.)

Brock winning anything makes sense. He's probably the biggest draw they have available (given Rock can't participate). I would love to see DB come back and have an epic match with Brock, but it doesn't seem like he's healthy enough for that. They could be working the audience, but I don't know.

I wouldn't mind Reigns vs. Lesnar II as their first match was fantastic. I know hardcore fans will boo it out of the building, but the big match seems to be Undertaker's retirement bout against Cena (so I would assume). Lesnar/Reigns wouldn't be required to sell the PPV at that point, so I'm good with it. Reigns wins the title tonight or at the Rumble, Brock wins the Rumble, and there we go.

I have mixed feelings about Brock winning the Rumble:
1. It would be cool he can go in there and toss everyone out looking like the beast he is.
2. Putting Brock in the Rumble and having him win just takes away from a future star to shine.
3. Having Brock win the Rumble would be bad because we already know he won't win the title at WM32, unless Vince wants a part time champion again.
So what do we do I do not think people want to see Roman win the Rumble again, and Sheamus is not a good WM32 main event type of guy.
This is what I think Have Roman win the title at RR and have Dean win the Rumble match. Sheamus will want his rematch at WM32 so it can be a triple threat match and Sheamus being in that kind of match will not hurt the main event status.

Roman(c) vs. Dean vs. Sheamus for the World Title
Brock vs. Kevin
Undertaker vs. John Cena

Brock winning, just means WWE passes up more opportunities to build stars, and we'll have no star power left in 2020, because we keep giving the big pushes to people working 20 days a year over people that are working 300+ and need the exposure to break out.

We've already kind of hit that point where 90% of the roster can't even be worthy of facing Brock, much less have a chance to even beat him.

Brock Lesnar is a possibility but if he wins the Rumble and than goes on to WM32, do we want to see a part time champion again. Brock winning would take away from another up and coming star and if Vince does not like that part time champion deal than Brock winning the Rumble would not work because we already know he is not going to win at WM32.
I would say for a heel go with Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt. If it is a face go with Dean Ambrose or John Cena.
I think it will be Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose if the family breaks up, if the family stays together than it will be Roman vs. Kevin.
1. Kevin
2. Dean
3. John
4. Bray
5. Daniel

Unless, Brock wins it. Brock chasing the title does make sense but I doubt he faces Sheamus and if it is Reigns again at 32, the build up will be atrocious (or not, hopefully). Truth be told, we don't have a stellar heel champ which is the most important foil for a Brock win.

Best I can say is, do Brock Vs Bryan. I know it is a long shot, but I don't see any other match that really titillates.

hqdefault.jpg

WHY.THE.FUCK.NOT!

Yeah nobody's really on a hot streak now. I guess you can say Brock and Taker since they hadn't lost recently.

Brock winning would make sense, screwed out of the title by Taker, beat Taker then return to win the RR match would be a great story.

Taker winning at the RR would be huge. May be the last time we'd see Taker compete for the WWE WHC, especially at a WM.

If Bryan returns he needs to be going after the IC title (Owens), he hasn't did anything to merit a WWE WHC title shot.

Brock Lesnar winning the next Royal Rumble is a bad idea. Brock Lesnar taking part in the Royal Rumble and getting eliminated thus starting a feud /Mania match with the guy that eliminated him is a way better option. Then you can have fun with Lesnar eliminating people violently , taking out five lower card guys in seconds, fans would eat it up. But winning it doesn't make alot of sense seeing how he won't win the WWE Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania so why bother making that outcome super obvious ?

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns was one of the worst matches in wrestling history. If a rematch winds up taking place at WrestleMania 32, I will definitely not be watching the show. That's a deal-breaker for me. Brock winning the Royal Rumble would mean I'd be tuning out until after WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns was one of the worst matches in wrestling history. If a rematch winds up taking place at WrestleMania 32, I will definitely not be watching the show. That's a deal-breaker for me. Brock winning the Royal Rumble would mean I'd be tuning out until after WrestleMania.

What match was you watching? because Lesnar vs. Reigns (vs. Rollins) was MOTN. Hell some was calling it one of the greatest WrestleMania headliners ever. But I do agree I do NOT want to see the match again. Atleast not at WrestleMania. SummerSlam? maybe. But I said it before I will say it again there is two matches that need to be done NOW! Cena vs. Reigns and Sting vs. Taker.

Those are possibly the two biggest matches WWE can do right now. And those are two matches WWE NEEDS to do before it's too late. Because who know's if Sting or Taker will be still wrestling by this time next year. Hell, who know's if Cena will still be in WWE around this time next year with the success he is getting in Hollywood. So the time is now for those matches before it's too late.

Lesnar should face either Batista,Owens,or Sheamus. Those are the only 3 logical opponents for him this year.

I would not have Lesnar win the Royal Rumble, because I would rather him win the championship at the event from Sheamus. I'd have Bryan win the Royal Rumble. I personally believe Bryan is cleared to return at the RR or shortly after if they don't want a repeat of the last two years. The WWE needs a big star to come back with recent rating, their surveys, etc.

It all starts at TLC, when the League of Nations helps Sheamus retain the title over Reigns. Reigns is then forced to entire the Royal Rumble Match to try and get his rematch for the title.

Brock Lesnar makes his return in January and basically says he is challenging for the WWE World Title since his last chance at regaining the title never got a proper finish with The Undertaker costing him the belt. Brock Lesnar then beats Sheamus in a proper brawl at the RR, and then again at Fast Lane in a rematch.

Daniel Bryan makes his return as a surprise entrant in the RR to win the match and send the crowd into a frenzy. It could be one of the biggest pops of all time if he returns at unexpected and wins the whole thing. He proceeds to face Lesnar in the ultimate David vs. Goliath match. If CM Punk was able to put on match of the night with Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan certainly can as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back